rich hand

Re: commercial pricing
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 02:51:43 pm »
Nobody has mentioned the 2 main methods involved in commercial ie. rotary vs HWE. Great deal of difference in terms of time and therefore cost. Whichever method used obviously depends on the situation.

I would have thought the typical is 1.50 - 3.00/m for HWE and upto 1.50/m for rotary.

richie

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 03:36:41 pm »
I have just spent the last hour looking VERY closley at all the replies to this subject.   I have to agree with Simon (WOW that does not happen very often) ;D.  Commercial carpet cleaning can be very competitive in the form of pricing.  The VAST majority of the Carpet Cleaning that i have ever done has been commercial work so i have great knowledge when it comes to pricing this type of work as to has Simon.  Even if wanding with a TM you can earn VERY GOOD money by going in at prices such as £1.25sqm.  Most commercial premises and the person that deals with getting quotes will have over the years used many CC companies and will be clued up on the pricing & method used.  As already noted.....i9f you go in with a price of £5.00sqm you will have no chance of getting the job therefore you have lost any chance of earning good money even if you had gone in at a quter of the £5.00 you quoted.  Someone with a TM can easily wand carpets at rate of upto 200sqm per hour so if you are charging £1.25sqm i think that £250 per hour is good money.  Lets face it,  you need to clean carpets and make enough money to cover your costs plus profit so even £100 per hour can make you good profit on a large job.

Richie.

mark_roberts

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 05:58:45 pm »
Theres no way i could wand 200sqm an hour.  The quality of clean would suffer and Id be dead at the end of it.

Lets not forget the other factors in Simons work.  He has a TM and equipment probably in the region of £40k + and has staff and probably does this type of work after hours.

Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 07:34:22 pm »
I don't do much commercial work because I don't pitch for it but the ones I do year in year out are from 25p per sq ft, okay not really big ones but the biggest yields me £1800 and that is the 25p per sq ft account the rest are around the 30-35p.

Shaun

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 09:20:02 pm »
Yet another thread that has reached a general consensus.  ::)

Simon makes loads of money, Dave makes loads of money Shaun is thinking about buying Tenerife. And they all do it in very different ways.

richie

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 10:01:10 pm »
Mark,

Some of the jobs that i have done in the past have been very light soil and have managed UPTO 200sqm.  I certainly couldnt do that now as age is catching up (36).  Realistically 100 - 150 sqm can be done with a wand.  This would be done without the compromise of quality.  I used to clean nightclubs 5 days a week with a wand (before the glide days).  Once you are used to it then it gets easier, although most clubs were in the region of 1000sqm - 1500sqm  and had to be done in 1 day (2 men, 1 wand, 1 TM).  We were knackered at the end of each day.

Richie.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 10:08:09 pm »
Richie you have either

1. had a bad paper round
2. can't count
3. good accountant

aged 36 my l'derriere

Shaun

gwrightson

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 03:54:46 pm »
Commercial job priced today,
the company in question has had 3 quotes.

What I do know is that one quote is for £400  :oand the manager has turned it down because it is to cheap. " He did tell me the name of of c/c also "  but i wont divulge.

My price was for £1200 , three times as much . Not certain I have the job yet but i am confident  :D

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

richie

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2008, 11:34:06 pm »
I am not saying dot to charge a good price because i have on many occassions priced a job and got it even though i may have doubled the price compared to other CCs.  Some CCs charge silly prices though (65psqm).

Richie.