Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

Re: how many jets
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 08:18:18 pm »
Clever trevor... I mean ... Goeff
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 08:49:20 pm »
The closer the jets to the carpet, so the lower the height of the tool (great for working under low furnishings).

The closer they are to the carpet, the less distance the pressurised water has to travel.

If you have a single jet wand with a wider span of fan spray you can have it closer to the carpet, with 1 jet there is far less chance of blockage and teh flow rate should be greater although you may go through more water.

Shaun

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 09:06:59 pm »
Shaun, with respect mate, have you got the foggiest idea what you're on about?
Alan

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 09:10:05 pm »
20 years a carpet cleaner and a turn over of over £120 000 a year Truckmounted if that makes a difference, no not really, why have you any idea?

Shaun

colin thomas

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 09:44:22 pm »
shaun, why don't you work saturdays and push that bottom line up a bit?

colin   ;)
colin thomas

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 09:54:21 pm »
Ok didn't see that one coming - well done ... You still came out with a daft comment - how can you have a single jet wand with a broad angle spray tip close to the carpet? The centre of the spray would have far greater impact and velocity than the outer edge and would produce an uneven result, and also spray systems broadest angle jet isn't going to come anywhere near the suggested (let's say 160 degree) angle that you're claiming useable. With a top average spray angle of around 110 + degrees the single jet wand with a spray tip THAT close to the carpet would give you a wand head size comparable to an upholstery tool.
I earn a lot less and enjoy knowing my job inside out.

Alan

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 10:44:12 pm »
I guess not knowing my job means I can do a lot more but the proff in the pudding is that Dave Liohona has one now that is daft!

Shaun

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 11:57:04 pm »
Sheesh, did I say you couldn't do your job?... Read my post again. Do you counter all objective criticism with the same unreasoning defence mechanism?
Chill!
Didn't understand the Liahona bit??
Alan 

liahona

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 06:14:38 am »
Alan, Shauns comments about 6 posts previous were actually spot on.  So he does indeed know what he is on about.  However your comments 3 posts back suggests you know very little about a single fan jet and how it does what it does.  Be careful saying you know your job inside out when by your comments it is painfully obvious you don't. 

I would pressume and I know that I shouldnt that you have not used a single fan jet c/c wand or perhaps even seen one.  If and again I say, if, this is the case then how can you make comments such as you have?

Best, Dave.

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 08:18:43 am »
Prove me wrong and I'll eat humble pie. I do not know of a single jet wand with a low profile head such as my CFR roller  wand?? It can't be possible...

Hold on, does it have a flood jet? I know they can acheive a wider angle but they wear really quickly-even so I still reckon that at such a low position with a broad spray tip the centre of the spray would have greater velocity than the outer edges?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 11:05:25 am »
not really applicable but I have a Rotowash with a 1 jet positioned 2 inches above the carpet and it sprays about 24inches wide
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

liahona

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 11:40:03 am »
Alan, the one I use is a stainless steel fan jet.  I have 2 wands and between them in no specific order I have done many thousands of hours, without thinking too hard maybe 8 or 9 thousand and I havent yet replaced either of them.  I also have a brand new wand, well apart from a few hours and this doesnt perform any different than my old two.  Suggesting at least by my experience that they dont wear out very quickly as you have indicated.

Again, it is a fan jet that I am using and not what I am sure you are thinking.

Best, Dave.

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 01:41:26 pm »
Then I guess I stand corrected. If you dont put your neck on the line you won't learn.  ;)

If (particularly the Rotowash comment) really works well - how do you think it would fare on the centre jet of my CFR roller wand with the other two ports & vents on the manfold capped off. Bearing in mind that the spray tip is only 1.5 inches above the deck?

Alan

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 05:20:08 pm »
na ni na ni na na :-*

let's keep it friendly please Alan or I'll have to send Straker round!

Shaun

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 05:53:55 pm »
bugger me ive just sat and read that all three times

and im know futher forward , ive seen so many wands in my time the all look the same  ;D guess ill stop with my two jeter , seen a 6 jeter and it looked like a little over kill for me

Mike Halliday

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 05:57:31 pm »
ALAN.

click here you'll see a picture of the rotowash, you can see the single jet in the middle of the ones on the right

http://www.rotowash.com
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 05:58:34 pm »
Firstly, I know I wind a few people up on here, not intentionally mind - seems o be a North/ South thing, but sometimes you have to wade through the bull (strong opinions on numpty) :o to get a correct understanding on something - (which in this instance I now understand better) there's a lot of myths n' legends in this game as you would know being in for 18 years.  ;)
Second, Chris has helped me no end over recent months and I'm sure he gets a laugh out of a lot of the posts on this particular forum.

Best
Alan

lands

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 07:38:42 pm »
I've used 4, 2 and 1 jet wands and have to say I can't see much difference other than more jets more potential probs.

Alan's point (as are it's responses) are something I would like to clarify.

1, more jets wider wand?

2, less jets = further away from the floor?

Dave, can you explain this one as I agree with you in practise but I don't understand the theory behind it because as Alan says, how can you get a single low profile jet to fan out to an acceptable (and even) level.

Pete

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 08:32:44 pm »
If you don't like it here don'y come, even if you didn't like or don't agree with my post the answer from Dave said it all, I've tried to lighten this post with a bit of humour but if you want to be a know it all then so be it.

Shaun

lands

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 09:05:25 pm »
I take it that wernt directed at me Shaun. You know me, still on a leanrning curve (very steep but climbing slowly).

Luv u, kisses, please love me, I need your acceptance ;)