Len Gribble

Re: NCCA Training Courses for 2005.
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2004, 08:30:01 pm »
Derek

Sorry to say Matlock on a wind up, very sad!

Bet I don’t get a response?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

maclock cleaning

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2004, 09:08:49 pm »
hi to all

this one just for len, im honestly not on a wind up, i didnt know so sorry for asking, i thought this was to help, as i say we are just starting out and would like to have abit knowledge about all kind of cleaning, if i cant ask them kind of questions, len tell me wot i can ask without offend anyone......

p.s and its maclock not matlock
Newcastle Upon Tyne..........

maclock cleaning

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2004, 09:31:24 pm »
just to say thanks to derek, ive got the ncca to send me ut an membership pack, it was interesting read again thanks

maclock

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2004, 09:34:24 pm »
are the NCCA doing any courses on protection?

I mean fabric protection, not the horses head on the pillow protection!

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2004, 10:45:47 pm »
Maclock

Sorry for the miss spelling, but I won’t apologise for the wind up, if you have not master one in the cleaning game how can you master any, you start of with builder clean then want to all the courses under the sun, I love the one re fire and floods, trauma, ducting courses will you have time to earn any money. ??? ???

If you don’t know the trade org names nccp  ??? I also liked the words thanks interesting reading again!

No way am I offended I will leave to my peers to judge!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2004, 07:59:29 am »
Hi Derek
Are there any courses scheduled for Ireland, North or South in the future?

maclock cleaning

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2004, 08:35:21 am »
len

thats fair comment, but i do thk u were i bit unfair sayin it was a wind up, i do realise i could never do all theses courses at once, but whats wrong with wanting to learn them, im only asking for information on them.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2004, 11:28:18 am »
I took another look on NCCA web site I was amazed at the varity of courses

However I have only ever seen advertised Two day course, and Spot and Stain

Derek

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2004, 06:48:01 pm »
Hi Guys

The NCCA courses are available when the demand for them is there

We tend to hold them in Leicester as the facilities there are excellent.
To travel to Ireland would incur additional costs, maybe this is something we could look into for the future

Derek

Len Gribble

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2004, 09:05:46 pm »
Maclock

I really do understand your enthusiastic approach, but you need to sort out where your core business is then expand on it, don’t be a jumping bean.

If you are serious in becoming a cc find a mentor who will guide you.

Len

cheryl new

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2004, 09:54:33 pm »
One suggestion I would have for the NCCA is to allow Newbies practical experience of carpet & upholstery cleaning during the course.

Paul & Pawlo offer excellent advice and the course runs smoothly, even if there is a lot to cover, however I found that I needed to step forward and actually ask to use the equipment. 

Understandably there are time constraints with so much theory to learn and take in over 2 days, however I still think it would be worthwhile to fit some form of practical training into the 2 day course.

Best regards
Cheryl

Derek

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2004, 06:15:49 am »
Hi Cheryl

Your point has been discussed at length by the NCCA training team over the last few years and you are right there is a need.

Problem:... Getting sufficient carpet/upholstery in one place for delegates to clean let alone the infinite variety of fibres and fabrics.

We have thought about Hotels.... downtime for the Hotel a problem plus lack of variety

Other... where would you store a significant quantity of these items and think of the economics and logistics of the exercise

Derek

Paul_2

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2004, 06:42:53 pm »
Hi Cheryl

Thanks for your comments. As Derek said we have discussed this many times and it is difficult. However If I remember rightly you were the only one that really wanted to have a go. Whilst delegates are interested in seeing the machinery work very few want to have a go in front of their peers, even me sometimes. In fact if you had been on the last course you would have seen me struggle trying to get some wheels to lift up out of the way on a rotary, and me it's alledged that I am a seasoned pro or whatever. Red faced would be a good pair of words. So I do understand why some don't want to have a go.

Paul Pearce

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2004, 05:54:19 pm »
If members would put their approximate locations e.g. Nth Worcs on their profiles, they would probably have offers of local Days Out with an established operator. This is really the only way to get practical experience......any newcomers are welcome to take me up on this.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2005, 01:13:02 am »
maybe im old fashioned .dont you think sitting in the crowd on what is really a jolly.is not real work experience. have fun ok , but i have never in 12 years been asked if i am a member of the ncca, if you really want join the guild of master craftsmen,far nicer crest to put on your advertising. and if you think this will make your insurance or liabillity premiums less think again, of course nothin wrong with the ncca. but do you know you can set up your own diploma course in your chosen name for less., when did a customer last say to you i dont want a clean if you are not a member of the costly elite cca.save money by insurance and go on holliday. sherlock says 8)
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Dynafoam

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 12:20:48 pm »
Sherlock,

You have totally missed the main reason for the existence of the NCCA.

A do-it-yourself diploma is just a bit of tat to con the customer.

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2005, 09:29:05 pm »
oh, i thought you were making money out of it.
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2005, 11:42:09 pm »
Who crowned you "The worlds no 1 upholstery cleaner"

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2005, 12:22:26 am »
Nr_Neil, I an just looking at my ncca certificate dated 11 April 1997, signed by Mr Paul Pearce. I cannot remember where the venue was but it was certainly in either Dublin or Belfast. Could we generate enough interest to get another course over here?.

Derek

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2005, 07:08:52 am »
Fintan

Arrangements are being made to put together for a training programme for Ireland.

Derek