Dave_Lee

Re: Wont pay
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 05:50:02 pm »
Obviously the guy as said had no intention of paying for work done. Isnt that Fraud? Fraudulently entering into a contract, which he fully intended to break. As I was once told - the police have to act on a complaint of Fraud. Threaten him, that you will place the matter in the hands of the police for fraud. It may do the trick.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007, 07:03:14 am »
when i got up this morning for my contract work at 4am my hand fell on my phone what a shame  ;D ;D :P

ollie

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2007, 12:29:23 pm »
i would have poured the dirty water all over his suite.
ollie

ag

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2007, 09:27:44 pm »
Dealing with the public you get a gut feeling about people. I have a B&B that I run in the summer time, and you can always tell the people that are going to do a runner, so I stopped being a mug and started asking for the money on arrival. i just said that I had a lot of people leaving without paying and we had to make it our policy - everyone was cool about it, except those that were going to not pay, but had to, to have a place to stay.
I do the same with the carpet cleaning, but only if I have a dodgy feeling about someone, I say Ive done afew jobs recently where people havent paid, so I have to ask would you mind blah, blah. Guarantted you will have an excellent job etc etc. ALways get the dosh - thats what your there for.
Although did have a guy once that I thought wasnt going to pay, but, I thought, I know where he lives, and I was going to go and sit outside his house with my hand on the horn of my car,, and when the neighbours came out to find out what the racket was, let them know that he wouldnt pay up.you cant let them away with it.feckers.

spindle

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2007, 12:56:39 pm »
just pump dirty water thru his letterbox!!!!
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2007, 03:35:45 pm »
Just sent a letter off to an Indian restaurant who keeps 'forgetting' to pay me for work I did beginning last month! Phoned numerous times and the cheque is always 'in the post'!

Worded the letter carefully and said I would just hate to have to inform the small claims court (but kept it nice) as our business relationship has always been reasonably good!

Some people just dont like to pay!

Matt Lindus

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2007, 07:43:58 pm »
I have trained my ear to identify the accent when they call, then inform them that I am booked up till 2020!!  ;D

Really cant be on with all the bother and hassle these bl**dy half wits create.

Matt