Phil Marlor

Wont pay
« on: April 19, 2007, 04:22:24 pm »

Travelled 15 miles to do a suite yesterday, did the job (top job too) and the bloke just stood there and said my cheque hasn't cashed and I cant pay!

To cut a long story short, this guy had no intentions of paying, was stringing me along and after some very heated moments I thought it was best I drive away otherwise he could have been wearing the sofa, never felt rage like that in my life.

I know this bloke will never pay, I should have realised something wasn't right as he didn't even have a TV or anything whatsoever of value in the flat, is flat mate also told me just before I left, he does this all the time!

Question is, what do i do now, I wont let it drop as its £125.00, will going through the small claims route eventually get the money or is it a wate of time.

Phil

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Re: Wont pay
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:54:40 pm »
These people ain't got anything so yes waste of time.

I'm sure you have a friend of a friend who could have a quiet word on your behalf. Those amongst us with borderline disorders will hope he can't pay up. ;)

stevegunn

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 05:09:50 pm »
The boys are coming down your neck of the woods on Sunday 6th May we could always have a quiet word ;D ;)

Other than that https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

ianharper

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 05:23:32 pm »
Phil

i heard a funny story about his type of thing and they carpet just said well then i will not spray the neutralizer on it then, as i have to wait some time before it can be done that's why i pack away and ask for payment. soon paid up

its always a good idea to take before and after photos for your website and for this type of thing as then they can be used in court and he cant say that you did a poop job.

or lots of we site that do some great fun revenge stuff

Respect, and good luck

Ian Harper

Phil Marlor

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:24:04 pm »
Steve,

It's coincidence, but the job was in Luton, one of the few I do there.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

homenclean

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 05:31:12 pm »
They dont call the guy Parsa do they?

This fellow did it to me.

john

Phil Marlor

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 05:47:34 pm »
They dont call the guy Parsa do they?

This fellow did it to me.

john

Eh? ???

You in Luton>

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 05:49:11 pm »
in the end you've lost out, you ain't going to get your money.

the time to get violent about it has gone, if you where going to smack him you would have done it there and then.

he's probably up to his neck in CCJs so taking him to the small claims court is a waste of time.

go round and chuck paint stripper over his car

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Phil Marlor

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 05:56:58 pm »

This has never happend to me before Mike, I just knew that being violent would land me in big trouble, I thought about taking cushions out and rubbing them in soil, but would probably be done for damaging his property.

Anyway, it's too late now I have just filed a court claim, like you say it's probably not worth it.

There really should be a law in place where they just have to pay, even if it comes out of their benefit payments directly to the claiment.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

stevegunn

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 05:57:23 pm »
Steve,

It's coincidence, but the job was in Luton, one of the few I do there.

Phil

10 hairy arsed drunk mackems knocking on his door Sunday morning may have the desired effect

Liahona

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 06:11:27 pm »
Phil, I had a job like this years ago.  The client didnt want to pay so I deposited my waste tank back in the room I had cleaned.  It was a sewer back up job too.

If she wasnt going to pay me for cleaning it up then at that stage it wasnt mine to take away.  So I didnt.  Too late for you now but if there is a next time......... Best, Dave.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 06:16:45 pm »
its best if you can just a quick word before you start,drop a hint about money or you have got the cash :-\ if you have any doubts at all,one job some time ago,went into the home he conned over the phone,it was much bigger than he said,he had a merc attitude stunk,I said this is far more than you said,he said
how much more,I told him he huffed and puffed ::)then I said what is that pointing to the carpet,meaning a stain,he said its carpet,I said you go  :-X :-X
yourself and get some one else,out I went ;D if I did the job I would have got aggro big time,which would have meant I proberbly stuck one on him,not worth it
dont do it ;D

forgot to say he was loaded
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 07:20:29 pm »
Thats disgusting and it has never happened to me but I really feel sorry for you m8. People like that are the scum. You did the correct thing not belting him one and putting in a claim at the Goverment website. That should frighten him in to coughing up! I know it has worked for me!!

Phil Marlor

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 07:26:53 pm »

It has to happen to you to realise what its like, spending 3.5 hours grafting, fuel for a 30 mile round trip, fuel for the TM just to leave with nothing.

Feels really odd and you drive home stunned. :(

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

David_Annable

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 07:35:22 pm »
Hi

Try to rise above it Phil.

These people are a waste of space.

Dave

PS £125 you robbin b*****d.
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Dean Haywood

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 08:00:05 pm »
Phil,

we are based in Luton but do very, very little work in the town itself, mainly because of the type of people who live here. The small amount of work we do in the town is on the A6 side (the bigger houses)

You couldnt get a worse week, not being paid for a job, then being relegated on Friday. ;D

Phil Marlor

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 08:11:00 pm »
Phil,

You couldnt get a worse week, not being paid for a job, then being relegated on Friday. ;D

No need to turn the knife as well! ;)

I rarely work in Luton, as you say if you dropped a bomb on it you would do about £100 of damage, it really is a dump!

Think I will give it a miss from now on.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

Phillip Mold

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 08:28:18 pm »
Never tip that last bucket down the loo till you've been paid ;) ;)
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

The Great One

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 08:32:05 pm »
Hi

Don't see it as revenge, it is more ' re-addressing the balance'.

You have been done a wrong which has created the imbalance, this has to be re-addressed.

Otherwise it will eat away at you if you let it.

Regards

Martin  8)

Phil Marlor

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 08:32:28 pm »
Bucket ??? ???What's that then ???

Phil
Stevenage, Herts