DanielWelford

Solutions Product Range
« on: May 28, 2004, 09:24:08 pm »
Just wondered if anybody used this particular range, as just received a load of gumpf from them.

Apparently just use as a prespray, then just extract with water????????????

Thanks.

Len Gribble

Re: Solutions Product Range
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 09:39:43 pm »
Daniel

Yes I do

You omitted agitate the prespray; can be done with a carpet pile brush (hard work) or use a Sebo Duo or equivalent a lot easer.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 09:42:55 pm »
Daniel,

What Len ommited to say is that you will not regret trying this range, and that the back-up you can receive is second to none.

John.

DanielWelford

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 09:43:52 pm »
Len

Thanks. Do you use it for both carpets and upholstery?

I assume you are getting good results or you wouldnt be using it,........but you really just rinse off with water!

Dan

DanielWelford

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 09:45:46 pm »
Thanks John

Spoke to a chap there called Nick I think, who was very informative, but I am always reluctant to try things I dont understand fully.

Dan

Dynafoam

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 09:55:40 pm »
Daniel,

Yes, I get excelent results on both carpets and upholstery. There are occasions when I will opt for alternative products for specific problems, but now use this range on most jobs.

Even if left to dry in, there would be no residue associated with rapid resoil, but since the normal rinsing agent is plain water, this is as close as it gets to zero residue cleaning.

Be prepared for a learning curve before you get the best out of the products, and take heed of Lens comment about agitation - this is  essential for best results.

John.

DanielWelford

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 10:05:05 pm »
Thanks John

Any suggestions on how one can find out the best ways of using these products:

Contact supplier, or experimentation (at home of course).

Finally, do you always extract with water, or sometimes use a solution.

Thanks

Dan

stevegunn

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 10:19:16 pm »
Take the plunge and try these products you will be pleasantly surprised.

Dave Parry

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 10:50:20 pm »
I dont use on carpets, but do on upholstery. Works great. Re agitation on upholstery, I use a Kirby Zip brush to agitate. Saves a lot of work, but sounds like a dentist drill. I use a vacuum reducer, which bleeds some vacuum off to slow it down.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 11:03:31 pm »
Daniel

Yes you do extract with plain water only, and I do use it for both, sorry I don’t get good results with this agent I get great results! Some may disagree so be it!

I can understand your reservations about any new product.  Regarding use contact Nick again he will run though the technique and yes you should test.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dynafoam

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 11:03:50 pm »
Daniel,

Extraction is plain water except where tank addative is required for non-cleaning purposes eg. acidic rinse for dye stabilisation.

John.

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 01:32:44 am »
Give it a go Daniel,

I worked for Prochem and for years only used their products,

i could not and DID not belive that you could get great results by just rinseing with water ( with a tiny bit of deodoriser or acidic stabliser), untill i tried a sample of soloutions.

Boy do they work and with the sebo duo for agitation you will suprise yourself on the results on the first few times you use them, no matter how long or who you have worked for.

regards

Nick Holman

Just for the old crow ;)
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 02:16:25 am »
I must be an old cynic but this looks like an a sneaky way of getting some free advertising for Solutions ::)

"you mean you can rinse it off with just plain water, gee thats amazing"  ::) ::) ::)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dynafoam

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 02:47:46 am »
Mike,

Nowt o't sort ! Just enthusiasm for a product that works well when used in the appropriate circumstances and manner.

Would you be happier if I were to say that One step will, in the same circumstances, produce indistinguishable results?

John.

DP

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 04:38:16 am »
This is interesting  (Ill reserve judgement on thoughts of brand advertising for the moment) but I have been using this method to clean fire damage carpet and upholstery for as long as I can remember, the last 15 years with a certain Prochem product in various levels of dilution dependant on soiling.

I have tried many methods and have yet to find anything to beat it, the results are as good as you will ever get.

Sorry I cant promote the Solutions brand uniquely on this occasion, but there are a number of other chemicals very well suited to this method, but oddly sold for other carpet and upholstery uses. If only people would just experiment a little.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Derek

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2004, 10:39:09 am »
John

You are running into the same problem I have in naming products although its a different reason

Just stick to Micro-splitters

Just to add a point beware when using acidic products as a final application on fabrics containing cotton. I am just finishing a reversal process for a fellow cleaner on a beige cushion that has gone bright orange.

Reason: Acid sensitive dye has been used.

Cheers
Derek

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2004, 11:31:43 am »
No FREE advertising or brand endorsements ;)
I have used Solutions range for 5 months now and have consigned my 'traditional' chemicals to the space behind the drivers seat, where i cannot reach without climbing into the van. This IS significant, as i am one LAZY s*d and that means that i am now confident i will not have to climb back in to get to my 'Old faithfuls'
That is EXPERIENCE not advertising :o

Derek

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2004, 12:09:57 pm »
Hi

It would be interesting to know (prompted by Chris's comments about 'traditional' chemicals) just what impact the emergence of micro-splitters in general has made on the sale of traditional chemicals?

Will the major players (Chemical suppliers/manufacturers) also go the micro-splitting route or will the development of the more traditional chemicals take a major leap forward?

The micro-splitting phenomenon may well have a dramatic effect in the formulation of more revolutionary new products in the near future.

Interesting thought!

Derek

stevegunn

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2004, 12:35:02 pm »
I think traditional chemical sales will have taken a right old beating excuse the pun.I have not used my local chemspec or host distributor since before christmas I still use other chemicals but not as often as I used to depending on the circumstances.

mark_roberts

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004, 12:57:19 pm »
I use microsplitters and find they work BUT sometimes the 'traditional' chemicals are better and faster.

I was also thinking like Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
Mark