Iain macdonald

Wonder wand streks
« on: December 13, 2016, 08:53:02 pm »
Any one that use wonder want find it leaves lines on carpet not sure roller that causes it only been using it for month now notice seam do on the  thin cheap carpets.one the carpets I cleaned today has dried with lines in it. I SEEN Them I was cleaning thought would been OK when it dryed

Red_Panda

Re: Wonder wand streaks
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 09:46:50 pm »
It sometimes does that on low pile carpet.  Try cleaning the filter, it may be that it's semi blocked.  The reduced spray misses the middle causing streaks.
Hope this helps, David.

markbetts

Re: Wonder wand streks
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 03:16:59 pm »
I have a wonderwand.

Excuse my ignorance as onlynhd the wand a short while, when you say change the filter do you mean the big round brass thing near the end of the wand?

If so how do you clean it ? Does the patterned bit unscrew ? As tried and doesn't budge .

Thanks
Mark

DB

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 04:21:53 pm »
Mark

Yes the filter is inside the brass cylinder, the top does unscrew...I always coat the threads in Vaseline after cleaning.  I have had to resort to carefully putting the lid in a vice then turning the body to release it.
You need to blast out the dirt in the filter...this needs doing regularly....it only take a few minutes at the end of the day.

Also check the jets...they just twist and pull out...again I blast water through both ways very regularly.

Have fun

DB

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 04:27:15 pm »
Oh, I forgot to say...
when blasting out the jets just mind the rubber washers inside that you don't lose them.

markbetts

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 07:29:20 pm »
Thank you DB

Whoever you are  ;D

DB

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 03:56:48 pm »
Anytime Mark...anytime  ;)