andre w

New Machine advice
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:44:44 pm »
Hi new to forum first post <, I used to run a carpet cleaning firm around 7 or 8 years ago  and now guess what am back  ;D
i used to own truvox machines the compact and champ supreme they were awful constantly breaking down i bought them second hand that may have been why any way looking for advice am going to be investing  £10 thousand including the vehicle  for my new start up and am currently looking at the  jaguar 8.4 as the extractor thoughts and advise all very welcome thanks andy

Dave_Lee

Re: New Machine advice
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:50:00 pm »
I investigated machines thoroughly a few months back. I run a big TM, and wanted a top range porty as a back up. Given the power and cleaning efficiency of my TM, the porty had to come up to scratch. As well as things like vac and pump power, it had to be able to produce hot water and run with it. By that I mean I didn't want a slow inline heater that couldn't cope with the flow, like most hook on in line heaters. I broke it down to a choice between two machines. Ashby's Enforcer and Alltec's Evolution. Having been with Alltec for many years and knowing their reliability, I chose the Evolition. I also had all the extra's like auto pump out and fill. I have only used it once to now, as I said it is just my standby machine, but was very pleased with it. It is on the heavy side, so would be preferable as van mount, as a fully portable one you would need some kind of portable ramp to get it in and out of the van, and not suitable for stair climbing. On an average job you could just run longer hoses.
Hope this helps.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

liviu pastravanu

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:32:42 pm »
Look in the for sale section, i've got a full truckmount setup.

When i first started i bought the Jag, sold it a year later and bought the TM in the for sale section, the difference was HUGE. It cleans faster, better, carpets dry faster and if you market it right you can blow your competition.

Regards
Liviu

andre w

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:03:51 pm »
Looked at evolution thanks Dave it seems slightly trumped to the jag but it does have the heater and am stuck on that just not sure if it's worth it and if it's really needed ? I always like to extract with cold or warm hot am not sure if it's needed , presprayed hot of course

andre w

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »
I had all ready looked liviu at your add ,all it is  I really don't want to buy a machine that's not a brand new one feel like I've made that mistake before no offence intended , just want to get off with a good start i know truck mouts can get expensive servicing and replacing

andre w

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 07:33:19 pm »
how much psi do you guys think i need the more the better or is it more but not necessariy would it be better to opt for the heater if so suppose it would be the enforcer vs the evolution

john martin

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:45:55 pm »
Looked at evolution thanks Dave it seems slightly trumped to the jag but it does have the heater and am stuck on that just not sure if it's worth it and if it's really needed ? I always like to extract with cold or warm hot am not sure if it's needed , presprayed hot of course

This is the level of engineering you find on an alltec 
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/stnEO9bLLi0/maxresdefault.jpg

and this is the level of engineering you find on a jaguar
http://www.fatcatcleaner.com/attachments/jessmartinjagpics008_zpsa11c3d13-jpg.2923/

Nuff said ?  Do your self a favor and buy a well designed and engineered UK built machine from Alltec /Ashbys /Cleansmart
cleantalk push the Jag/cub because its the only machines they have to sell .  When cleantalk/WOC tried to manufacturer their own inhouse design a year or two ago it looked nothing like a Jag but quite a bit like a Storm  ....   nuff said again

scott johns

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 08:14:39 pm »
alltec machines are reliable powerfully and look the business and ive been using them for over
seven years and they always impress my clients win win win and also alltec are a great family company

sean oregan

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 08:17:38 pm »
 ;D

andre w

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 08:47:47 pm »
Lol it's funny how much you can learn in a short time , I do appoligize Dave from my previous comments I didn't mean to insult your intelligence  , I am Impressed with the enforcer  will check out the evo and forget about the jag , Andrew clean talk do very much push the jag/cub glad am one for my home work because it pays to do  research

sean oregan

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 08:51:16 pm »
Andre
Do you intend using micro splitters and going down the Eco route

sean oregan

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 08:58:40 pm »
John Martin
You keep upsetting me by showing me that Alltec machine, don't get me wrong my storm is a great machine but Alltec Evo has all the toys and it looks ultra professional.

liviu pastravanu

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 09:22:01 pm »
Andre,

Since i bought my TM i did not had any downtime. On the other hand when i bought a brand new Jag and i was doing carpet cleaning part time (2-3 jobs a week) i had to replace 3 vacs in a year and 1 month (that's  £750).

A basic service is £75 at GP cleaners and £90 at Alltec if i remember correctly. I service my machine twice a year so that's  £200 including fuel.

I am not trying to push my setup just sharing my experience.

Have a look online at reviews for the Maxx 450d .

Thanks
Liviu

andre w

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 09:32:38 pm »
Can I get back to you Sean lol , what's wrong with f90 I used to use  ???, like the look of evo but not the weight of it 62kg  that's heavy the same weight of advance 1200 what is the reason you guys lean to the evo over the advance

sean oregan

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 10:26:43 pm »
Nothing wrong with f90 just wondering that's all. I use it more as a problem solver.
Advance 1200 has a much heavier pump 1200psi the advance has 3 vac's so one is better for hard floors and the other has better waste recovery.

andre w

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 08:21:55 am »
With regards to hard floors what psi do you feel would be needed 600 I guess been slightly on the weak side

sean oregan

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 09:58:26 am »
Yes 600 psi is entry level but there are ways around it

andre w

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 10:23:27 am »
yeah think am going to better off with a rotovac and leave the psi out of it , really stuck now between the evo 600 and the enforcer at 400 really struggling going to get some quotes on these 2x see who can offer me the best bundle   

sean oregan

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 11:38:13 am »
I can't speak for ashbys never dealt with them but lots have on here but I can say Alltec are very good and helpful

andre w

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 12:47:51 pm »
the in tank heater on both machines works when the inline heater is not working ,so you cant have both on at the same time unless you ask them to, would you come unstuck on auto fill from a cold feed as tank would need to heat cold water from time to time alltec is on a  auto switch between the two heaters ,ashby is on a manual switch ,is worth having a 3rd power lead so both heaters could run concurrently ? also ashby tell me there 1.5" hose is better for maneuverability and have 2" as the extensions hose  from the machine  , where alltec is just 2"
thoughts would be great please