tim handley

question for fellow porty users.........
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:28:22 am »
you have unlimited money to upgrade your porty, you want heat and you want long vac runs, you want good build and reliable pumps/vacs, also you want to operate it mostly van mounted,  excluding the storm, which would you buy and why????

gwrightson

Re: question for fellow porty users.........
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:36:53 am »
Unlimited Money !!!!

Truckmount is the answer.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

tim handley

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 08:41:24 am »
truck mount not an option!!!!!!  when i say unlimited money i mean in terms of buying a porty, not enough to buy a new  larger van as well as a truckmount, also im really not sure id want a truckmount.....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 08:42:04 am »
' Mostly van mounted' meaning occasionally you would want to take it off the van to take it closer to a job.

An LPG prowler, I suggest LPG. As I believe you can use it inside a building ( I've Seen  burnishers use LPG)

But I guess.................."These are not the droids answers you are looking for"
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

tim handley

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 08:48:03 am »
not sure what you mean about droids??? but thanks anyway!!!!

Steven Butler

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 09:11:33 am »
Not having problems are you mate?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 10:03:43 am »
not sure what you mean about droids??? but thanks anyway!!!!

So  you are not a Star Wars fan!.........It was a quote from a film (an attempt at humour :) )
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

tim handley

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 01:45:35 pm »
sorry no, dont do star wars, straight over my head............    !!
steven, no problems at all, i fancy another portable machine as back up, and i also really fancy some nice heat.........
looking at an enforcer or the top spec alltec.....  just wanted hear from a few droids, sorry, owners..........

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 02:20:26 pm »
the problem is such a thing does not exist, answer is hard.
I am so happy with my storm but missing 3kw tank heater that would preheat the water before it heats the inline heater, but it is another cable. Two cables running into the van is a max I accept. 

There is one option, good porty with heater on two cables (but not sure if these machines with two standard motors are good enough for at least 15m of hose run) and then get mytee air hog. Usually needed on commercials where we have better electrics or upstairs on separate circuit.
Porty with auto feed and auto empty while all switched on. Think that might be my next setup as at the moment I need to switch off the machine to empty and go the the van to fill the water.

So, for example enforcer 5.7vacs with heater + inlline heater + airhog.

Also water on the van can be pre-heated with up to 6kw heaters one the same cables when machine not in use, while you are setting up, vacuuming, prespraying etc.

JandS

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 02:33:11 pm »
Radek....heat the water while you are prepping then unplug the heater and switch on when required, when you switch off plug the heater back in.
Once I have heated the water up I rarely have to bother  as the water stays red hot for ages.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

tim handley

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 02:51:17 pm »
like the look of the enforcer, dont like the feedback re customer service......

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 03:22:26 pm »
I agree with Mike, Sounds like you need a Darth Vader Prowler......... imo the problem with wanting all you have asked for has been outlined by Radek.

An Alltec 1200 would be my choice,  I have never used one but why not just get an inline heater?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 04:22:50 pm »
Yes Jands I know, but storm has no immersion heater. I do have 2 x 2000w submersible heaters that I am going to use.
One 1500 heater could be working actually all the time as one lead is only running one of the motors.

Jonathan, inline heater is not enough unless you are happy to work very slow as otherwise water is not even warm. Need the warm water in the tank to get hot on the wand.

JandS

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 04:27:58 pm »
Definitely need a 3kw heater...eats through blacktop.
Enforcer looks the business if it's anything like the Ninja you won't need the customer service.

JandS

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 04:28:20 pm »
With the vac booster.

mr muzzy

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 05:25:28 pm »
I would have said extracta turbo but there bust now . When I change I think I will be looking at altec machines . They look strong like the extracta machines .

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »
Question to those with 2x5.7 vacs on board. How long is the hose you can run to clean with 200-300psi?

sean oregan

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 07:32:43 pm »
Hi Tim
If it were my money I would go Alltec advance triple vac 5.7s Intank and inline heater built in.
If you ever meet Chris, Karra or Kerry at Alltec you would have no trouble in buying from them great people.
If I hadn't already got the storm (which is a great machine with no problem) I would have got anAlltec machine.

Robin Ray

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 07:34:29 pm »
Question to those with 2x5.7 vacs on board. How long is the hose you can run to clean with 200-300psi?

I have 2 x 5.7HD motors. I have cleaned at 100ft with 350 psi no probs.

Robin Ray

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 07:38:43 pm »
Tim,

I would van mount the Storm and draw off a water tank which has been pre heated with an immersion heater then finish off the heating with a magma or V2 for serious  heat. Then get a Airflex mini or Altec Express for a truly portable portable. I see Cleansmart now do the mini with one 8.4 in it too.