wayne zabel

Rug Doctor Ad On National TV
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:28:55 pm »
Anyone else seen it tonight on national TV?

Never seen it before.

How this going to affect us?

adrian marsh

Re: Rug Doctor Ad On National TV
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:46:04 pm »
Anyone else seen it tonight on national TV?

Never seen it before.

How this going to affect us?

It will affect us in a few months time when we have to start extracting all that detergent out of people's carpets. Other than that it won't have any more effect than Vanish, 1001 & all the rest.

ian harper

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 09:31:14 am »
Wayne

An old marketing saying is about entering the conversation thats already going on. see this as an opportunity. be it a local adwords campaign or other media you can ride the wave of this. whats the first thing people will do? google rug doctor. if you have adwords setup so it triggers your advert your going to be the comparison that people will do. is it worth be buying or hiring against all the issues.

below is how i deal with hire.

http://www.hire-carpet-cleaner.co.uk/chelmsford/

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 09:38:34 am »
Their is the option to do what Ian is proposing, but people searching for "carpet cleaning machine hire" or "Rug Doctor Hire" are not the type of customer I want and I have no intention of converting them either!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:01:54 am »
I had two consecutive jobs yesterday, both previously having had their carpets cleaned by a cc'er with a Rug Doctor, both said the carpet were sodden and weren't that much cleaner. The downside of this is these people give the rest of us a bad name, but the upshot is next time around these people are prepared to pay more to get the job done properly.

Simon

garry22

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 01:46:29 pm »
Are you allowed to use other peoples' brand names in your Adwords?

I know a lot of CPA companies actually expressly forbid it but I don't know what the situation is here.

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 05:29:44 pm »
Are you allowed to use other peoples' brand names in your Adwords?

No, I tried a campaign where I indicated cleaning a certain branded product and I got a message saying you can't do that although some people get away with it.

Matt Steele

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 06:46:34 pm »
I have a customer that I see 3 maybe 4 times a year, thick pile, cream synthetic carpets from top to bottom in a town house, I went back last week and the carpets were dirty than ever before, tank filled with foam, then mr customer said "she got it in her head to buy one of them carpet doctor things, cleans them every other week, they take days to dry and get dirty again really fast, I explained what the problem was and he said right that's going in the bin then and we'll carry on as before.
It's best to let them learn by they're own mistakes, and they'l come running back to you when they realize you were right all along, bit like children really  ;D

garry22

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 07:14:16 pm »
Matt, that situation may be worse than you think. I had an almost identical situation and although the top of the carpet felt dry, a moisture detector showed a major problem. The underlay was sodden (over the whole of a through lounge).

Pete Blackburn

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 08:34:55 pm »
Anyone who watches emmerdale will tell you its been on again tonight.  They're seemingly going for peak time advertising.

They are also wanting to get there units into petrol stations for convenient hiring.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 10:24:32 pm »
Get a Rug Doctor Pro
Get an Adwords Campaign as suggested.
Hire out the machine with a drop off and pick up service.
Onsite instructions by a Pro.
Talk the job down and tell them you can do it with your TM for an extra £x

Maybe? Maybe not?

*Hector*

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 07:21:25 am »
Hmmm like your thinking Jamie...  ;)

bait and switch with a rug doctor and TM

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 08:46:16 am »
Why not? Make both systems available. Give them the pros and cons. If they go with hire offer to remove the stuff they couldnt when you go pick up the machine  ;)

You would also build a list of hirers who might be put off and never want to do it again. With some good ongoing marketing it might just work.

We dont do domestic carpet cleaning any more but do hire out Hydromist Compact machines to people every now and again.

Maybe I should try it and sell the leads to local guys to cover the marketing cost???