rob_s

Electrical  Appliance Testing.
« on: February 19, 2004, 12:47:52 am »
Hi Chaps,
           Firms I clean for have their electrical appliances tested every twelve months to conform to H & E regulations.

Most of the firms I clean for insist that my cleaning machinery also complies,  infact JCB  diggers won't even let me on thier site without a test certificate.

Is this the same for all other carpet cleaners? does everyone else have thier machines electrically tested at twelve month intervals?   Regards rob-s ??? ???

rob_s

Re: Electrical  Appliance Testing.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 12:52:35 am »
Sorry H&S  regs,

Regards rob-s

eclipse

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 12:52:47 am »
yes for the sake of 20 or 30 quid it is really worth doing
electrical saftey is becoming a big issue
i have just finished working in the disaster restoration industry and where it involves leaving any equipment in a customers property even overnight it has to be pat tested before it goes into another site
a pat testing course is also worth doing as it adds another string to your bow so to speak i mean at between 10 and 30 quid a pop all you need is a contract with a few local b and b's and it is easy money

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 01:18:36 am »
Rob

HSE as far as I know don’t’ have regulations re testing of electrical equipment, the have recommendations (so do it) they also have a lot more recommendations also do it.

Define test certificate (a little bit of paper stuck on a machine means nothing it’s the record in your files HSE will look at if there is a problem)

As far as I’m wear a competent person can do a PAT test with the correct equipment.

By the way I go over board I have them test every three months.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Eric

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 03:23:43 am »
Hi Rob,

Most of my work is commercial, and customers are now asking for Risk assessments and Safe Systems of work all the time. Pat Testing is only a small part.

Regards

Eric
It's the hope of reward that sweetens labour