garry22

Re: releasit DS
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 12:16:43 pm »
Jihn, I think the video was 2008? so it would have been Dry Fusion Restore as the carpet pre spray and then Activator on the pads.

Normally these were  dipped in clean solution and then wrung out (only clean ones). On a big stain like that (which is more or less on the surface) I would have probably just sprayed the pad rather than dunked (to keep the moistiure level low).

JandS

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:21 pm »
Going to try the Dynamall tomorrow on a domestic...first time I've tried it on a domestic.
Going to spray it down...agitate with rotary and brush....then bonnet it with the pad dipped and wrung out in Dynamall at 1:10.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dan paton

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 10:25:16 am »
John how did the domestic with dynamall go ?

ian harper

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:44 am »
stuart

when you use a product for the first time as one that works like this one you need to return the day after to inspect and see the results. as carpet dry bottom up

Respects

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:51:35 am »
stuart

when you use a product for the first time as one that works like this one you need to return the day after to inspect and see the results. as carpet dry bottom up

Respects

Can you ellaborate on this please as I dont understand exactly what you mean.

If it was extraction cleaning we would normally do as you suggest because of potential wick back if heavily soiled.

Encap products surface clean the carpet and are dry within 20 minutes or so.

ian harper

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 10:56:02 am »
How do you define dry?

My experience as a contacts manger taught me things dont always turn out the way your told they will. or user use the products as they are instructed.

Why would you not check back by phone or visit on your customers after a sale?

*Hector*

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 11:09:35 am »
With any due respect Ian.

My experience As an LM and encap cleaner has taught me that the carpets are dry to the touch and can be used as normal in about 20 mins to 1 hour.

I use the products as instructed on the tin.
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Derek_Walker

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 01:25:18 pm »
My interpretation of an encap product is that it helps to prevent wickback. If there is any soiling wicking up from the base of the carpet, it gets encapsulated and then vacuumed away when dry. This is one of the reasons why it is so useful on office spills and stains etc.

JandS

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 06:57:09 pm »
Dan

I priced the job for HWE, empty 5 bed vicarage....to do 1 large bedroom, large lounge and large dining room and a hallway...I reckoned on 3.5 hours from arrive to depart @ £105 total.
Vacced it to death, sprayed down at 1:10, agitated then sprayed both sides of a bonnet with what was left in sprayer and ran over with bonnet.
It came up lovely before the bonnet and to be fair there wasn't much muck on the bonnet after use although when wrung out the liquid was dirty......this was an average soil carpet with one or two stains which disappeared on agitation.
I and the customer where very pleased with the finish and she loved the smell.....it's been toned down since the last lot I used smell wise and no longer makes you cough.
Would I use it again on domestic??...yes definitely....it's miles quicker than porty and, surprisingly, it looks, feels and smells clean....she was that happy I'm doing her 3 piece next week...she doesn't live at the vicarage she's the church warden.
Time taken...almost exactly 2 hours and that was steady away and messing about with things a bit.......don't know whether to bonnet again or just agitate and leave as your supposed to

wayne zabel

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 08:09:51 pm »
John,what rotary do you have?

Could that job have been done with a Floormac?

Robert Watson

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 08:19:26 pm »
Why not let the customer decide. Say £110 for encap, 2 hours, OK.
or do the job properly  ;) and hot water it for £160, still too cheap but a wee up sell on protector?
I love encap, but for domestics Hmmmm, on occasion maybe.
The Kitchen Door Centre

stuart_clark

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:14 pm »
J and S
sorry forgive me I dont know your name mate ?  Whose encap product did you use on your vicorage clean ?

dan paton

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 09:06:36 pm »
Going to try the Dynamall tomorrow on a domestic...first time I've tried it on a domestic.
Going to spray it down...agitate with rotary and brush....then bonnet it with the pad dipped and wrung out in Dynamall at 1:10.
Dynamall stuart :)

Cheers john. The reason I asked is because I used releasit hydrox on an empty domestic and it done a sterling job . Never bonneted though . I just sprayed and scrubbed with a challenger  (5 minute dwell).

stuart_clark

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 11:29:59 pm »
Whats a  challenger ?

dan paton

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:40 am »
Hi stuart, it's an op machine kinda similar to the hos orbot except its no tank or sprayer although I've converted mine to wheels down so it can be pushed along like the orbot
http://www.smart-cleaning-solutions.com/challenger3/4

JandS

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 09:54:46 am »
Wayne....agitated with Floormac.....bonnet with Victor rotary...used Dynamall.
Can't get to grips with Floormac with a bonnet on.

stuart_clark

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 12:10:24 pm »
The challenger
I remember it now, didd'nt solutions used to sell them a few years ago ? , I too had a floormac but could not get on with it so I sold it on,  I like the look of the Orbit mind you the fact thats its on wheels, I have four rotarys inc a Chemspec Chemstractor for which I have been using the encap products through
stuart

dan paton

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 01:13:32 pm »
Yeah it's one of the solutions ones although I bought mine second hand. It's a doddle to use now I can push it along on wheels

JandS

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 07:37:24 pm »
Got a better one to test it on tomorrow.
Guy owns two 4 storey mills next to each other which he has converted to flats, every time someone moves out he calls me in to clean the flat carpets after all repairs and other cleaning is done and they are empty.
There usually pretty grubby and there all the same colour, a creamy colour so going to Dynamall them and I will remember to take the camera, and I will remember to take the after photos as well as the before.

stuart_clark

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:58 pm »
Are you using the new batch of Dynamall with the lower odour ?