MICHAEL_GAYTON

Just a carpet cleaner get me out of here
« on: February 17, 2004, 01:04:16 am »
Called out today to do a quote, if she was happy, to go ahead with the job.Just getting used to the high end of the market and love it, clean carpets, no haggling.So this one sent me back to earth faster than a comet. Old lady living in a three bedroom house wanted the lounge/hall /stairs/landing /two bedrooms cleaned. 5 adults and 8 kids running around, blackcurrent stains,food ,toys,boxes on top of boxes, no room to swing a mouse, forget a cat.Up stairs there where two double beds in both rooms, hardly any carpet visable, clothes hanging on open wardrobe doors etc etc .I gave her  a  price, "You are too expensive!" she said.
 "ok" i said. I started to go, but she stoped me and said to go ahead.Well i did the job, she paid me ,then asked if  i believed in God, i said "Yes" ,"What about the Devil?" she asked. I said "No" ,that was it ,I recieved a sermon on the bible, and she told me that she would pray for me!
                           GET ME OUT OF HERE!!
ULTRA 4 CLUB
four systems one operator

Dynafoam

Re: Just a carpet cleaner get me out of here
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 01:09:06 am »
Michael,

They can pray for me as much as they like -as long as they Pay me  ;D

John.

Derek

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 09:05:34 am »
Hi Michael

I had a similar experiece last year but the lecture/discussion was on 'spirits' and I don't mean the liquid variety...

Remind me to tell you of the 'cold' room and the 'disappearing' dog sometime!!! ???

Cheers
Derek

squeaky

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 09:13:15 am »
Go on then Derek dooo tell, :o :o

Mark
Part time (mornings) window cleaning/ suites and rugs in sunny Spain and loving it.

MICHAEL_GAYTON

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 09:52:15 am »
Yes Derek lets hear it!!!!!!
ULTRA 4 CLUB

Derek

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 08:47:08 pm »
Come on guys...

You really don't want me to tell you a frightening story that will stop you going to sleep at nights... Do you???

Carpet Cleaners are such sensitive individuals I really wouldn't want that on my conscience ;) ;D  I couldn't forgive myself ;D

Derek

MICHAEL_GAYTON

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 09:55:46 pm »
Your not the Derek from Most Haunted! :D
AKA carpet cleaner in the week this is just a front, your a ghost buster
mick
ULTRA 4 CLUB

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 11:13:26 pm »
Hope the job total was worth it

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 11:25:03 pm »
I had the opposite problem, i employed a man who told me he was a born again christian ( I thought great, he'll be trustworthy, 'thou shall not steal' and all that)

but when ever i left him with the customer he'd whip out a little bible he always carried in his back pocket and start preaching to the customer!!  the final straw was when he told a customer he was collecting for an harvest festival and could he take some fruit out of the fruitbowl :o :o

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk