Mike Halliday

Wonderwand
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:10:08 pm »
Anyone using a wonderwand? Anyone using it or tried it with a truckmount?

Just bought Barry livingstones perfect heat and it came with a wonderwand so thought I would try it out with my truckmount
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JandS

Re: Wonderwand
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 07:19:29 pm »
The drimaster does a good job of emptying the tank with it's small jet....a 3 jet wand would kill it.
Is the PH a CFR machine though
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:53:54 pm »
No it's a straight extractor, just going to use it for jobs I can't do with the TM.

But as I've got the wand I thought I would try it out

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »
Mike

Yes and Yes
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

David Ware

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:25 pm »
If using with TM I found a vac relief in line helps as the vac of TM is to strong and you will not get as much solution down for better flushing.
David

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 12:40:10 pm »
Dave I thought that, luckily I have a spare jet manifold for the wonderwand( which takes 5ish seconds to swop) so was thinking of fitting bigger jets into it and swopping it over, so when using the truckmount I can have a higher flow.

Also lowering the revs to decrease the vacuum, with the benefit of lower fuel consumption

Paul Moss

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 02:26:56 pm »
Mike loads have tried it over the years, they aren't great with the trucks mounts

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 02:30:49 pm »
Most of the CFR machines only run a single vac.

You need to run them at high psi 500-1000 to get the best from them.

Water and chemical consumption then becomes an issue if you haven't got the recycling action their system is based on.

I personally love the wonderwand for hotel carpet cleans and carpet tiles running it on the PFX at 500psi (it's a 3 jet) I do however use a standard scrub wand for rugs and filthy broadloom.

I haven't tried one on a TM but have two customers who use them on theirs. They have a boxxer 421 and a prochem blazer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »
Tried it today on 3 jobs 2 T/L and a large rug.

I actually quite liked it, it is harder to use than a glided wand but I turned the revs down on the TM until it was just ticking over and it still cleaned well.

My son remarked that the carpets were noticeably drier, he used his trouser knees as an example, he said they were slightly dampened when he knelt on the cleaned carpet to place the protective foils, usually they would be very damp.

If I used it all the time it would probably save me £25 a week in fuel

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 09:38:46 pm »
Mike why would you though when you have your truckmount ?
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:11 am »
Sorry tony did't see your question...

Less fual consumption  less water used, drier carpets.

these are all benefits I've seen this week while using the wonder wand, the only down side is its a killer on the back more so than an unguided wand.

I can see why truckmount owners don't like it........ on anything but tick-over it sticks to the carpet. To be able to use it  I cut the revs as low as possible cutting the vacuum. Power down (which would also cut down the water temp on a normal truckmount) but still it's leaving less moister  on the carpet .

IF  I used a portable or low end truckmount then this is the perfect wand it does not rely on pure vacuum power to remove the dirty water.

The only down side is the strain on your back compared to a glided wand & I think due to the shearing action of the wand design on a deep pile carpet the solution would not penetrate the full depth of the pile

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 11:46:33 am »
Ps: Tony with this wand I also got a new cfr tool with the bigger  head, so that big head I lent you you can keep :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 01:31:12 pm »
To save yourself some more money and probably make it easier on the ears why not build yourself a super bane? It would be lighter in weight and more compact so you'd save on fuel from your tm and may be some from your van, bane clene style machines go on forever so imagine the virtual zero breakage!

Shaun

Robin Ray

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 05:02:04 pm »
Or save even more fuel by getting rid of the TM all together and using the wonder wand with a porty!!

Zero cost on fuel, Much lower weight so lower van fuel cost and much cheaper repair bills!!!!!  ;D ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 06:19:42 pm »
Nah don't be so silly lol

Shaun

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 07:45:57 pm »
Cheers Mike I'll pop in for a cuppa next time I'm over your way.

gwrightson

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 07:23:17 am »
Cheers Mike I'll pop in for a cuppa next time I'm over your way.

you been saying that ti me for years tony :)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 07:56:10 am »
LOL  Geoff sausage sandwich last time if my memory serves me wright  :) :)