Rotovac is a good a peace of equipment, but I perfectly manage without it
Rotovac is a good a peace of equipment, but only on heavily soiled carpets
Rotovac is a good a peace of equipment, but the Extracta scrubba tool better
I have got the Rotovac
Rotovac is a good a peace of equipment, but I would not buy it – too expensive

Liahona

Re: Rotovac - your opinion
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 09:58:40 pm »
But thats my point, if you dont have a machine what are you going to challenge me with?? and for what its worth the machine you so highly talk about..... the manufacturers wont even accept the challenge but anyway, back to the origin of the post, no I dont like Rotovacs.

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2006, 11:54:34 pm »
...back to the origin of the post, no I dont like Rotovacs...

Neither do I, Dave

I like CFR working with DriMaster.

Regards,

Arthur

garyj

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 02:18:03 am »
Arthur, 2 weeks ago you said Rotovav's were the  best thing around and you made an offer to someone for £1,000 to buy one ???

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 02:20:10 am »
It was sold so I do not think it a good tool, anymore  ;D

stains-away

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2006, 02:44:06 am »
I had a look at  the rotovac down at alltec a couple of weeks ago,looks like a well built bit of kit,next time im down that way i might even ask for a demo, ive got some special carpet samples in the garage that should give it a trial ;D

Art

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2006, 11:57:14 am »
...back to the origin of the post, no I dont like Rotovacs...

Neither do I, Dave

I like CFR working with DriMaster.

Regards,

Arthur

Can you explain what drimaster is please and how it works with a CRF?

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2006, 12:11:02 pm »
DriMaster is a rotary machine, which uses a lot of water.

If you are a TM user the water supply is not a problem as you have a tank of hundreds of liters in the van.  If you are a porty user then I guess you will spend more time refiling your machine instead of cleaning the carpet, unless you have CFR - the only porty I know which uses recycled water.

Hope this explains

Regards,

Arthur

Art

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2006, 12:30:09 pm »
Using drimaster with CFR is this better than using the wand and if so why?

Arthur

Ps Is drimaster similar to rotovac?

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2006, 12:59:18 pm »
I visited CFR's stand during the carpex.  They said to me that their (patented) wands can recover more water than any other, about 85%.  So it is supposed to be a good wand, more info is on the bottom of this page

DriMaster is similar to the Rotovac, but cost more (about £1000 more).   

I believe DriMaster is easier to use (comparing to Rotovac, never mind the wand).  Using DriMaster you would need less time to finish the job and it delivers a better drying time.

Only you, Arthur, can answer for yourself what is best for you.

Regards,

Arthur

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2006, 12:59:25 pm »
Craig from Hydramaster told me that when used and set up correctly the rotary drimaster will use no more water than a standard wand running at 300psi. Apparently the reason that they can use more water is because you can see the colour of the water being extracted and thus go over the same area more until the water runs clean!

Never used one though so can't comment on experince!

Cheers Goron

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2006, 01:18:36 pm »
Gordon,

Peter (carpetclean) who has been using DriMaster says it does use more water than a wand.

Regards,

Arthur

carpetclean

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2006, 01:33:20 pm »
the drimaster can be fitted with a reducer to use less water but still get the same clean. in my humble opinion it is a good tool and well worth the money  i now use it with the cfr and dont have to worry about the water flow. i did a pub on wednesday and in 2 hours of continuous use the drimaster and cfr used less than a third of a bucket of water as the recovery was so good and this was on a very thick woolen carpet that was trashed and i had to go over several times in places.
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Alan_Kennedy

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2006, 07:21:48 pm »
Hi Carpetclean
I see from your post that you use a Drimaster with your CFR. I am thinking of getting a Rotovac or Drimaster to team up with my CFR400. Do you use an inline heater or, as I do, fill the machine with hot water and carry on until the end of the job, with the recycled water gradually cooling. Also, did you consider a Rotovac before you chose the Drimaster?

Regards Alan.

carpetclean

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2006, 08:06:46 pm »
tried the drimaster on the 400 and the water lift is not good enough it being one vac . i have the cfr 500 perfect heat upgraded to the 2 x 3 stage vacs which was a wise chioce. regarding the heat i have two heating systems so dont need an inline heater there is a heater built in as well as coils wrapped around the vacx which cool the vacs by capyuring the heat generated and keep the water hot. as i have said on previous posts the loss of water is minimal so can use the machines for hours providing i keep the main filter clean on really trashed carpets
 i did consider a rotovac but decided the drimaster was for me and i am glad i made the choice. the drimaster does not require a lot of psi as it can clean just as well with 100 as it can with 500 because of the design and i can go over the same area several times if need be without overwetting as you can with the cfr hand tools which by the way are in my opinion a good tool also. if you want to talk to me i can be contacted on 020 8240 0750 and i will do my best to answer any questions on the subject
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2006, 08:23:42 pm »
Ive used carpetcleans dri master on a number of occasions and despite what craig at hydromaster says you use loads of water which is why it is a perfect tool for a CFM ( maybe they should team up) i have a drimaster hand tool and used 40ltrs (yes 40) on a 3seater and 2 seater but the fabric dried quicker than anything i cleaned before, also it way a rayon which without a good skill level and technical knowledge you can get in a lot of bother with, also used around 180ltrs on a pub carpet but it was dry in 1 hour!! if you havent tried it then dont comment on it,

NIck

Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

des

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2006, 08:38:33 pm »
I have used all three of these type,s of machines rotovac -drimaster -rx20  and i  have a  rotovac and a rx20 .I think the drimaster is a good cleaning machine but its a bit big to move around rooms with furniture in as is the rx20 .But the rotovac is small enough to do this and it gives you a better clean than a wand  also the new brushes are very good and quick at agitating your prespray .So its rotovac 1st and rx20 2nd because you can dry clean with it also and 3rd the drimaster but thats only my opinion des ;D
des at mister clean

carpetclean

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2006, 05:51:38 am »
des are you sure you are not getting confused as the drimaster is designed for the dpestic market in mind can even clean right up to the edge of sofas if need be and under tables. anyone who went to carpex coud see both machines and see that the drimaster is indedd the smallest of them all
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

des

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2006, 09:05:17 am »
Mr carpetclean the rotovac is half the size of the hydramaster drimaster .i know because i have used both des p s my company was called carpetclean when i first started but people kept asking if we did 3ps so i changed 
des at mister clean

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2006, 10:16:14 am »
Rotovac is just as heavy as DriMaster.  I would never think of rx20 as of a tool for domestic carpet cleaning - too big and heavy.

Regards,

Arthur

garyj

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006, 11:02:53 am »
Arthur, perhaps your opinion might be worth something when you have actually used the equipment you talk about and you have cleaned a carpet.

Until then shut the hell up. >:(