Rotovac - your opinion
« on: February 28, 2006, 10:56:31 pm »
Rotovac - your opinions for a newbie,
Many thanks,
Arthur

Liahona

Re: Rotovac - your opinion
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 12:11:38 am »
Where is the box to tick if you dont think it is a good piece of equipment? Best, Dave.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 06:00:45 am »
Where is the box to tick if you dont think it is a good piece of equipment? Best, Dave.

Oops,   ::) realised about that mistake just after posting the poll, cannot edit it. 

However, you can post here any of your comments.  Do you think it is not a good machine, or the are better?

Kind regards,
Arthur

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 08:11:44 am »
A lot of people use a Sebbo Duo or Host type machine to aggitate do you think this does a better job than a Rotovac or Power Brush,

or is it just an option that gives you the option to Clean Dry if required.

Ill be honest I was and still may buy The extracta Scrubba that was for sale and then I started reading that people had them, hardly used them etc.

So back to Sebbo Duo

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:23:36 am »
Arthur consider the extracta scrubba if you must as extracta on your doorstep if things go wrong but I find a wand is all you need most of the time

Your red & white friend ;)

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 08:33:51 am »
Arthur consider the extracta scrubba if you must as extracta on your doorstep if things go wrong but I find a wand is all you need most of the time

Your red & white friend ;)

Thanks for your advice Steve  :)

I would not buy anything before visiting Carpex exhibition and Extracta, which is just across the rive Tyne ;).  I like posting polls, as this forum is the best place to ask people opinions regarding virtually anything to do with cleaning.

Kind regards,
Arthur

craigp

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 09:07:44 am »
ian,

because i recently raised my prices (not by much) i have got my dads scrubber out of the shed, like you say its not been used much because a wands so much quicker, and thats all ive ever really known, but if you have a good price on a job so dont mind taking your time, they really will do a good job, and its great having one on the van, if you come across a real trashed carpet, you first think to yourself, il get the scrubber on that! and are glad you have it.
It raises the capabilities of a portable machine!! ;D
my opinion, get one.
craig

CLEANEAST CARPETS

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 09:21:20 am »
Hi Arthur,
We got the Rotovac last year as part of the package with advantage but at that time I was cleaning by myself and found it heavy to get into kangoo van.However now that Adam is working with me we use it all the time, and it gives very good results.Previously I was happy using the wand but now it rarely leaves the van ;D
Also Adam spoke to John Flynn last week and got some good advice regarding the Rotovac and carpet cleaning in general, thanks John ;) ;D
This is a picture of the college we cleaned during christmas.
Thanks Barbara

craigp

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 03:21:32 pm »
is a rotavac better than a power scrubb!!?? 

John_Flynn

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 11:23:59 pm »
The ROTOVAC is the DOG TESTICLES !!!

I used it ALL the time ;D ;D ;D
I get better looking each day!!

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 11:29:55 pm »
The ROTOVAC is the DOG TESTICLES !!!

I used it ALL the time ;D ;D ;D

John  ;D what did you use  ::) ROTOVAC or DOG's TESTICLES, or both?   ???  I am confused  ;D

John_Flynn

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 04:50:19 am »
I'll just go and check with dog before Mrs takes him to show in Cardiff!!
I get better looking each day!!

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 09:38:25 am »
 ;D ;D

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 02:48:58 pm »
Dave,

and another post

…I dont use a roary machine, well having said that I do clean area rugs with them because I clean by total immersion and then use a floor machine....But on carpeting I would never use a rotary machine for many reasons but not on this thread...... Best, Dave.

Could you post your comments here about rotary machines, like Rotovac and/or HydroMaster etc…?

Arthur, I use a Steamway wand which has an internal single fan jet. It is a very good wand arguably the best scrub wand you can get....

Have you heard / seen / tried CFR’s “Wonder Wand”?  Any comments?

Regards,
Arthur

Liahona

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 03:53:24 pm »
Arthur, most of the people that I deal with to the enth degree search and search again for the best type of cleaning for carpeting and or any other textile. At this point please note I am not knocking any other system but, as we are all aware of there are a lot of manufacturing companies that only, recommend hwe and inparticular truck mounted units.......Also the suppliers and manufacturers of carpet tiles only recommend hwe to clean the tiles. Now I know there are a lot of people on here that clean tiles with a different system and I understand they do get good results, however it doesnt alter the fact that the tile company's again only recommend hwe. If you apply to maintain the tiles on the suppliers behalf you can not use anything else but what they recommend. With regards rotary machines on carpeting..... In California where I use to work and indeed still have the business there I use to clean for a certain carpet company and they said that if I used a rotary on their carpets it would void any warranty that they supplied with the carpet. I dont know for certain how many other company's suggest this but I know of a few and accordingly clean as to their stipulations. As you know I clean hideously expensive carpets and those suppliers also say not to use any type of rotary machine on them...... With regards CFR, I tried in the US and also over here to have a clean off with my machine against theirs and to this date they havent accepted the "challenge" so to speak. I am always open to discussion with any company and I would like to see a CFR machine and Hot/Dry Fusion machine under test conditions but again as I said before they arent interested in doing so.. ....I am always biased to my machine and the way I do things as we all should but it does make you wonder why they wont try to sell their machines to me. I am confident of what the out come would be in a clean off, maybe they feel the same way (about my machine) and so show no interest. Again does make you wonder. Best and always nice talking to you, Dave.

fibresafe

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 11:55:28 am »
Liahona

What machine do you use?

Fibresafe

Liahona

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 12:05:57 pm »
Fibresafe, I use a "Powermatic Legacy 2100" from Steamway and also use thier portables although it has been tweaked a little so it is not standard. I also have a machine from Alltec and I am not knocking it but it doesnt compare in anyway. It is very small though so perfect for upholstery or large amounts of spotting. I do have a heated spotting machine but as I said if it is a lot of spotting then the Altec machine is perfect. My portable weighs 185 pounds so I obviously dont lug it around for spotting. Best, Dave.

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 06:15:58 pm »

Where is the box to tick if you dont think it is a good piece of equipment?

Dave,
You still have not said why you think it is not a good peace of equipment…  C’mon make your case.  ;) I should say however, that DriMaster looks much more better to me than Rotovac, however its still a rotary machine.

… please note I am not knocking any other system but, as we are all aware of there are a lot of manufacturing companies that only, recommend hwe and inparticular truck mounted units...

I have not cleaned a single carpet yet, but let me disagree.  Although carpet manufacturing companies make carpets, they do not make products to look after their carpets and probably do not follow or do not bother to follow the progress in the cleaning sector...

… With regards rotary machines on carpeting..... In California where I use to work and indeed still have the business there I use to clean for a certain carpet company and they said that if I used a rotary on their carpets it would void any warranty that they supplied with the carpet. I dont know for certain how many other company's suggest this but I know of a few and accordingly clean as to their stipulations. As you know I clean hideously expensive carpets and those suppliers also say not to use any type of rotary machine on them…

Again I think that carpet manufacturing companies do not understand and propably do not care to learn about the new ways of cleaning carpets.  HydroMaster representative told me at CARPEX show that DriMaster does not require more than 300psi. 

…I am always biased to my machine and the way I do things as we all should but it does make you wonder why they wont try to sell their machines to me. I am confident of what the out come would be in a clean off, maybe they feel the same way (about my machine) and so show no interest. Again does make you wonder…

Dave, I have never cleaned a single carpet, but I think, that your trackmount and the wand you use does not stand a chance against an average trackmount (CFR may do as well) and DriMaster…

I may call you for a challenge when I buy my CFR and DriMaster  ;)

Best regards,

Arthur

Liahona

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 07:10:45 pm »
Arthur. I feel my last post was self explainatory but anyway....... Its not so much that it is a bad machine just that it is of no use to me or the carpets that I clean for reasons that I  have explained..... With regards carpet manufacturers.. whether they follow up or not with the cleaning of their carpets doesnt alter the fact that they only recommend hwe and not with any rotary machine, neither do carpet tile manufacturers, again if you ask them how to clean their tiles they will give you information on hwe and not rotary machines... your comment that they dont understand cleaning is rebuted in that they do and have looked into it and that is why they recommend hwe......  I am a little bit surprised of your comment on my machine when you arent aware of it and what it does but thats ok... as to a clean off with you and your machines, not a problem but...... as you havent cleaned carpet yet you might want to do so first and I will wait till you have a litle bit more experience... this is not to put you off doing it now as I will if you will so to speak just think you might be able to offer more if you have that little bit more experience. For the record CFR have always declined to put their machines against mine so I suggest you find out a little more of what your machine can do before you put it against mine. ...A lot of cleaners use many different ways to clean and I am sure all with good results however it still doesnt alter the fact that "carpet" suppliers and manufacturers and generally most people still suggest the best way to clean carpeting is with hwe.... If I used any other system I wouldnt get the work that I do, that alone will always have me clean the way I do. To change what I do and then charge maybe only 50p a foot is a huge step backwards for me and one I am not prepared to take. My last comment and it is as old as the hills.... how many people upgrade from truck mount to any other type of cleaning??? I am not saying there isnt a place for all types, just not for me, best, Dave.

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 07:58:20 pm »
Dave,

My call for a challenge was a jock ;), I hope that no offence was caused to you and your machine. 

… With regards carpet manufacturers.. whether they follow up or not with the cleaning of their carpets doesnt alter the fact that they only recommend hwe and not with any rotary machine, neither do carpet tile manufacturers, again if you ask them how to clean their tiles they will give you information on hwe and not rotary machines...

Speaking seriously, I found it hard to believe that carpet manufacturers would not recommend DriMaster.

…your comment that they dont understand cleaning is rebuted in that they do and have looked into it and that is why they recommend hwe...

May I ask you Dave if you can refer to any web-link or document, as I would love to study their reasons.

...  I am a little bit surprised of your comment on my machine when you arent aware of it and what it does but thats ok... as to a clean off with you and your machines, not a problem but...... as you havent cleaned carpet yet you might want to do so first and I will wait till you have a litle bit more experience... this is not to put you off doing it now as I will if you will so to speak just think you might be able to offer more if you have that little bit more experience...

As I have already said that my call for a chalege was a jock, however, could you set criteria upon which you would like your machine to be chalenged.

… My last comment and it is as old as the hills.... how many people upgrade from truck mount to any other type of cleaning???

Good point!

Kind regards,
Arthur