BRSL

Re: Who has the best looking Van
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2006, 10:49:50 pm »
went to drop off ideas to the van signers today but cant get it in now for another week Bummer  :(

but this is what is based upon I hope they are more talanted than me lol  ;D
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Len Gribble

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2006, 02:13:57 am »
Can’t see many hydro filters are they a waist of money?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

BRSL

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2006, 10:34:49 pm »
hydro filters  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

could some one elaberate please  ???

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

John Kelly

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2006, 10:58:24 pm »
Additional inline (hose) filter to stop your waste tank getting clogged up with fluff.

BRSL

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2006, 11:13:36 pm »
cheers John

oooh yeah I got one of those, I use it every time, cant think of the last time I had too clean the bag in waste tank, got the hard stainless filter insert for it too, brilliant on pubs, fAg butts, ketchup sachets, flowers if it fits up the pipe woooop up it goes great  8)

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Neil Grainger

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2006, 05:15:03 pm »
Peeps your views on this please.  Sign Writers have made this up for me.

Cheers

Neil

BRSL

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2006, 05:52:12 pm »
Neil looks good  8)

It's looking a bit busy but should look fine once on the van, and not so sure about the money back bit, we all do it but mainly on flyers as we can control where they go but cant always drive the van in controlled places  ;)

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

cleaning co

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2006, 05:54:29 pm »
BIT OVER THE TOP  TO U.S.A  AND VERY BUSY LOOKS TO GIMICKY   BUT APART FROM THAT ...........

craigp

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2006, 05:56:23 pm »
hi neil,

personaly i would say definetley to much on there, keep it simple, mine was to busy, i have changed mine recently to company name, professional carpet cleaning, and tel no.s and thats it, i just yet to put them on, so i cant say i had more work from it but i can say it cant be no worse than before, as i could count on one hand the work that came from preveious signs,

ill be interested in what others think though...

ps. neil i got mine online to stick on myself and saved alot of money it cost me £40. incl. post

regards, craig.

BRSL

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2006, 06:09:34 pm »
Craigp  :o :o :o :o

mine was suposed to go in today, but now next fri yippee, but at a cost of £250 which I thought was good what do you get for £40 could you post some pics
James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

craigp

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2006, 06:21:42 pm »
hi james,

e mailed you mine as you can see the old signs are underneath, i ve very little text but theres no restriction if you had more it s the same price just send them a idea, i just put my van as a water mark on microsoft word and wrote over it, they sent me a proof which was the same just done on there proper software, and posted to me with instructions on fitting,

really good service.

signs on the rear as well is £50 mines only on sides, i left my old ones on rear,
craig. ;D

tonys145

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2006, 06:28:57 pm »
Hi..

in the past, how many calls have you had from customers seeing your van? Only you will know if you keep such records. From my experience (which is limited) very few.
The main things to show from your van is:

Who you are...
What you do...
And how they can contact you...

Very simple stuff.... dont spend a fortune on your sign writing. It could be a case of vanity on your part.. (I mean that in the nicest possible way)

When i first had my van sign written i wanted a "fantastic body wrap" but it would've cost me £2,000. Settled on a £90 simple letter job.

If your marketing is working spend more on the marketing. I appreciate I have only been in the business 6 months, but have been in sales for six years and that has allowed me the luxury on focusing what actually get the customers calling, as opposed to what we think will get the customers calling.......

All the best

Tony
NCCA

Phil Marlor

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2006, 12:30:43 pm »

Your correct, a flash van gets you a bit of work expecially when its just been cleaned and polished but that is difficult this time of year.

It looks proffessional when you turn up for quotes and as I say it does get you some work (did last week anyway).

Like to tell us what sales secrets you have learned over the years.

Rgds
Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Mike Halliday

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 01:49:59 pm »
I feel guilty now spending all that money on a full digital body wrap ;) ;)

you can make your signwriting very simple with just your name & phone number but this won't help if the potential customer has'nt got a pen & a bit of paper, by the time they get home they will have forgotten your details.

the mums at our local school see my van every day when I drop off my son, but if you asked what my name is they won't have a clue :'( :'(  but give them a yellows pages and tell them to pick a local carpet cleaner who they are familier with and they'll pick me every time.

My van looks the same as my Y/P advert and when I talk to my customers lots of them say they see my vans ( lots of people think I must have more than one) all over the time, they see it at the sports hall, in Tesco carpark, parked in the town centre, at the doctors etc..etc I have a car but if I'm going any where busy I always go in the van.

leaflets-van-Y/P advert.... all the same, all of them backing up each other.

MIke
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Neil Grainger

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2006, 07:27:08 am »
Cheers Mike that sort of makes my mind up. I know it looks slightly over the top but I think it is worth doing just for the fact that theirs no others like it locally and people will look at it and make them think.

They want to charge me £270+ vat, is this about right on price.

Thanks for all your comments on this as I just had name and number on last van and want to see if this is the thing to do. Can only try it and see.

Cheers

Neil

John_Flynn

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2006, 07:33:32 am »
Neil

May I ask why you have bought such a small van when you are wanting to expand your business, surley it would have been more sensible to buy something larger so you could carry BIGGER machine, LMC gear etc???
I get better looking each day!!

Neil Grainger

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2006, 08:03:25 am »
Hi John

I bought an  Advantage from Alltec and a host system. Fits in Van well and thought that this was the next step before I think about getting a truckmount.

I decided to stay small at the moment because I am mainly doing domestic and the advantage is good enough for that. It made such a difference in just changing from the aqua 40 to the Advantage. Fill it up with hot water at home before I go out and is ready to go when I get to the first job. No heavy lifting involved so great for the back.

Same area as the Transit Connect and can carry 900KG

John_Flynn

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2006, 03:53:02 pm »
Hairy Muff Neil, I just thought that it would have made more sense to have got a van that you could have grown into, but you know what you want.
I get better looking each day!!

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2006, 06:18:04 pm »
My van bottom of apage 2,  £100 full signwrite = both sides and back doors

Spot On

tonys145

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2006, 08:15:58 pm »
In response to Phils Question (Sales Secrets)

There isnt a secret a such, just "making a friend" of the customer.

I only advertise via leaflets - speaking to estate agents & carpet shops.
What i try to do is work with the customer I've got. In my previous life I sold Vacuum cleaners at silly prices - but did it for 6 years until I got "burnt out"  :-\

But what i take from that business is how to get referrals from the customer I'm with.

I always try and leave the house with at least 5 - 10 names that i can write to only.

I take a £2 & £5 gift voucher (carry different types) and at the end of the job I ask for referrals. £2 voucher for 5 names - £5 voucher for 10. I get the names, they get the voucher there and then. (Not every one wants to give them though  :(  Over the 6 months that i have been in this business. I have sent out 370 letters and have got 29 jobs from them.

My time with the customer is important to build a 'relationship' with them. I always try to make sure that they see a before and after of the area that I am cleaning. I always try and use suggestive phrases as they are looking at the area:

"Wow!! what do you think of that Mrs........"

Its at this stage that I will know if he/she is impressed or not - If not I crash and burn!!!  ;D

I always get them to feel the fabric afterwards to see dry it is. Just always trying to plant seeds in their minds so they will remember me  for the future.

Then at the end I try to get them to flip over to a Direct Debit so they can have 2 cleans per year but pay monthly. Only 18 signed up so far, but I'm really chuffed with that.

Just trying to be as productive as i can with the customer i am with. Making sure they are happy with the work I've done.

But to make that all happen - I have a team of leaflet type chappies putting out 3/4000 leaflets out a week.

Im still very much a novice at this and have tons more to learn. The NCCA course frazzled me brains out - but gave me an insight as to where to find the answers.

HOpe this helps a bit

Regards

Tony
NCCA