Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Truck Mounts 20X more powerful
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2004, 08:03:58 pm »
Johns is a specially made machine a 1 off made by Dr Ingram, but its still not as good as mine now!

So there! :-*

Shaun

John_Flynn

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2004, 08:12:23 pm »
I'm saying nowt 8) 8) 8) 8)
I get better looking each day!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2004, 09:26:04 pm »
that'll be a first!

Shaun

SteveTruman

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2004, 08:19:50 pm »
So if i am reading this right youse who have a TM are saying that us paupers who only have portables are cleaning 20 times inferior to yourselves. Dont think so some how. Also i would hazzard a guess that there are twenty more times companies using portables than TM. So what would the poor suppliers do if we all got huge o/d's to buy a TM.

Regards  

Steve

P.S. Does anybody have the relevant data on ratio of portable to TM operators.

lee_gundry

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2004, 08:41:51 pm »
steve

your right most companies do use portables to run their businesses,Why do they do this COST.They can have 2/3 portables on the go to 1 tm.If the cost of a new tm was around 4k i bet 70% of portable users would purchase.

It is a fact that most people don,t upgrade to a truckmount for the reason of cost & cost alone.

I think the word paupers is way of the mark.As a recent post says most of the people who now own tm built their business on the strenght of portables i did.Times move on systems change, cleaning agents change,also methods,i bought a tm 4 years ago since then i have owned 4 in total,i would never go back to portables.

nobody said that the cleaning ability of a portable is INFERIOR its just not as good in a lot of ways.

i have done demos on commercial carpets where portable users have done their,s, & out of over 100 demo,s i haven,t lost 1 job to a portable user.

ps
what portable do you at the moment steven

Lee G

cumbria

SteveTruman

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2004, 09:12:30 pm »
Steampro 2000 it does its job. You are correct about the cost factor. Do you never have problems leading the pipes to the premises?

Regards

Steve

safecleanlakes

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2004, 10:22:50 pm »
forgive me if i am missing something here, but surely at the end of the day what really counts is profitability, or am i being extremely naive?? good luck to anyone who chooses to go down whatever path they decide, be it portable, t/m, or bucket and mop, but isn't the objective for any business to turn a profit and and build a solid client base.

lee_gundry

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2004, 12:25:04 am »
steve

if we i am cleaning a first floor/upwards i usally run the hoses up the side of the building & in through a window.
If we are cleaning ground floor office areas in work time i always run the hoses in such a way as to try to keep them of hallways/heavy usage areas & always place warning signs along  the chosen route.

ps
is it one of the new anti scratch ones.

Lee G
cumbria

Dynafoam

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2004, 12:56:24 am »
Lee,

I adopt the same hose-run approach with a portable, as I did with a TM, however the problem with the TM was when I had to drag 50+ft of hose through mud just to get to the building.

This, I think, is what Steve was asking about.

BTW I did a job in sheltered housing complex last week (in the snow) where I could get the van no closer than 180 feet from the nearest flat ( I know because I paced out the distance dozens of times in the course of the job  :'( )

John.