cleaning co

Re: cfr machines
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 05:22:31 pm »
and another thing, www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk are stating waterlift of 240 ,cfm of 220 for this machine but the offic site states water lift 150 cfm 101 :o now thats a bit nauty ant it ?

cleaning co

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 05:26:16 pm »
no i never said constant but u get reg burst of steam  and when its not steaming very very  hot, if i done the test cfr done i would hav constant steam,im just norm use at these lenghts u cannot put your hand on water pipe on wand

Martin S

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 06:55:17 pm »
I think you will find the figures that Cleansmart are quoting come from the 'official Uk' Distributor for CFR machines:

http://www.amtechuk.biz/perfect_heat_spec_b.php

The website link that Dennis provided was to the American manufacturers site.

I believe that some of the specifications are different for US and UK spec machines, but looking at both, they do seem to claim different figures for machines with 2x2 stage vacs!!

I thought the new 'Pro500' had 2x3 stage!!  Or is the 'perfect heat range different again?

Maybe someone can explain this (Steve C!!  If you are watching)

With CFR though, seeing is believing.

Regards
Martin

Mark Roberts

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 07:43:35 pm »
Yep Martin you are correct.
The uk versions come with 2x3 stage vacs which is different from the US spec.
I would phone Amtech to make sure.

Mark

Martin S

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 07:49:58 pm »
Hey Mark,

Have you decided on your new 'toy' yet?

Regards.
Martin

Mark Roberts

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 07:56:40 pm »
Hi Martin,

Still got 3 older toys to shift first.
Hope your well

Mark

BRSL

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 10:52:24 pm »
When I done my NCCA course they the CFR guys there doing a demo, I thought then and still now how they deal with sanatising, if recycling water if you extract some Dog pee and dont realise, then you clean the rest of the house with, dog pee  :P :P :P :P

Stu have I missed something here how does yours work

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

therapist

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2006, 11:15:33 pm »
Unless you have serious sinus problems you will know that you've encountered ' dog pee 'and take the obvious action.

These are without doubt, the most effective machine I.ve ever used and I've been cleaning carpets, very well, for around 20 years

The system of heating was ridiculed on these boards previously, by someone who presumably had never seen it demonstrated.

The earlier machines were criticised for only having single vac' but even then, the tooling resulted fantastic results.

Ideally the CFR should be used with a microsplitter.

rob m

Mark Roberts

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2006, 11:19:24 pm »
And mine is still for sale if anyone is interested.
mark@fresherclean.co.uk

Mark

BRSL

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2006, 11:37:09 pm »
Rob I agree but what is the process, clean affected area sanatise deoderise etc then empty machine sanatise machine fill and start again,

Im not having a dig at the CFR's but I just see a big flaw in it, I must be missing something

and what about heavy soliled areas like bar tar in pubs
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2006, 11:49:36 pm »
I'll confirm that. V2 Rules the heat war.
Just been on CFR website - The downdraft dryer looks like a clever piece of kit. The concept really makes sense for carpets.
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 11:58:19 pm »
If I’m cleaning in a nursing home where urine deposits are concentrated then I simply add CFR’s specific bactericides and carry on cleaning as normal. This cleans, kills bacteria and removes the odour. If it didn’t work these odours would still be present and I would have disappointed customers.
Lets not forget on normal everyday cleaning you are not killing the bacteria with a normal machine..When treating urine with any machine you should use the right chemical. When you leave a carpet damp the bacteria levels are sky high.  The same levels applie to a sofa you have cleaned with a normal extractor. Would you eat your dinner off your carpet or sofa?

therapist

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 12:10:55 am »
Think Mark's answered your question, pretty well and whatever you do now with pub carpets now, you would continue to do with a CFR

The difference is, you can dwell on heavily soiled areas with the CFR.

rob m

cleaning co

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 02:18:04 am »
still confused lol on amtec site the cfr pro 500 has 2x2stage vacs,but next to it is a powerflight machine now this has same specs as a cfr machine apart from it has 2x3stage vacs and about £800 cheaper ??? is this the english one ? it looks bit diffrent ,also whats the wonder wand about? can u use it on any machine? has anyone got one

p.s if they so good y u selling yours mark? and yours looks totally diffrent ?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 07:20:44 am »
Do they have twin vac ?

I think they appear to be a good idea.

The problem with equipment is you need to try it for a couple of weeks before you know if it solves your problem

Doug Holloway

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2006, 07:53:56 am »
Hi Guys,

I have never used one but seen at Exhibitions.

It's a difficult concept of using water more than once but there are experienced pros who swear by CFR.

I would like to trial one for a week or two to really see if it works.

Cheers

Doug

Martin S

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2006, 09:31:27 am »
Cleaning co,

The powerflight machine is a traditional 'Non-recycling' machine.  I think CFR produced this machine because some CC's can not, or will not, get there heads around the recycling concept.  This gives them a more traditional option.

Regarding the vacs.  I thought the pro 500 had 2x3 stage.  The pro 500 'perfect heat' seems to have 2x2 stage!  My guess is, that as it also comes with an inbuilt heater element as well as 500psi pump, maybe something has to give regarding the capability of a domestic power supply.  I don't know, but just a guess.

Regarding the wand, you should only use CFR wands with the reclycling model as this is an integral part of the system.

I have to say that the ability to clean a whole house without needing to worry about any emptying/refilling is a godsend.   ;)

Regards
Martin

BRSL

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 12:17:31 pm »
Mark, Rob

thanks for the replies, but unfortunatly I still remain sceptical, I would like to have a demo in the right situation first before I decide to buy, I do like the wand though, I tried it out once and glides so easy but there lies anouther problem to me, although I use my green glide a lot somtimes you just need a good bit of agitation from the wand which I dowbt this is acheivable from the CFR,

But will have to agree the new machines look like good bits of kit and can see them being an advantage more than a dissadvantage most of the time but just cant my head round it

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Martin S

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 01:03:39 pm »
some CC's can not, or will not, get there heads around the recycling concept. 

As I said.   :) :)
Martin

Steve Chapman

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2006, 01:39:17 pm »
Didn't realize this would be a long discussion, but must admit i'm starting to think about the negatives alot more now! - Perhaps that's why not too many companies are going in for it?
steve