Clean Safe

Carpet Cleaning Machine
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:40:15 pm »
Hi Everyone,

We are looking at expanding our services and getting into the carpet cleaning game. We are wondering what type of machine would be best for us!

We will be looking at undertaking residential and small commercial jobs and don't want to invest too heavily until we can get the work in to pay for a decent machine. However we don't want to turn up and make a hash of things by using a bad machine.

We have seen a decent priced machine on flee bay.....it's a RUG DOCTOR PRO QUICK DRY 2.6G. I can see on here rug doctors have a bad name, is this down to the machine or users?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

*Hector*

Re: Carpet Cleaning Machine
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:48:58 pm »
INCOMING!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 01:57:30 pm »
clean safe,

if you have read through the posts on here as you say !!

i guess you should be able to figure that one out your self . ...  how ever if you cannot come to a conclusion, i will say BOTH   , 1 a decent operator would not be using a r/d   and secondly its a r/d

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Clean Safe

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:13:21 pm »
INCOMING!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for your positive input, i was looking for advice on carpet cleaning....not how to be a dick!

Clean Safe

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 02:14:49 pm »
clean safe,

if you have read through the posts on here as you say !!

i guess you should be able to figure that one out your self . ...  how ever if you cannot come to a conclusion, i will say BOTH   , 1 a decent operator would not be using a r/d   and secondly its a r/d

Geoff

Would you be a gentleman and advise me on what machine a decent operator would usually use?

*Hector*

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 02:17:06 pm »
INCOMING!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for your positive input, i was looking for advice on carpet cleaning....not how to be a dick!

quite right ......... after your initial post you have proved that you do not need any advice on that score.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Clean Safe

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 02:27:33 pm »
INCOMING!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

quite right ......... after your initial post you have proved that you do not need any advice on that score.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes because you must have been born with an unlimited amount of knowledge about carpet cleaning!

Congratulations of being such a guru of carpet cleaning, mummy would be so proud!

*Hector*

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 02:29:15 pm »
she is thank you...

;D ;D ;D

here this is better than a RD

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARPET-CLEANING-MACHINE-HYDROMIST-PROCHEM-EXTRACTA-COMPATIBLE-/251100553371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a76c2609b

See you have to have a sense of humour on here if you mention rd's

:P :P

*Hector*

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 02:31:37 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALL-TEC-PROFESSIONAL-PLUS-COMMERCIAL-CARPET-CLEANING-MACHINE-/110913598033?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19d2f73251

this is a better value deal as you have plenty of hose so that you can leave the machine outside the front door, and not traips it in the houses.

*Hector*

Clean Safe

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »
There we go Hector that wasn't so hard was it lol....

Lucky I have a sense of humour, I enjoy banter so don't worry!

Thanks for the positive input!

*Hector*

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 02:36:09 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ashbys-Sensei-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine-/221068674313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3378b84509

if the price stays low on this, you would have a great bargain... Up to about £400 £450 you should go for it.

I am an aquired taste on here..   :-* :-*

*Hector*

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 02:39:36 pm »
When you have been going a few years and get to be big and mean like Simon Gerrard...  :-* :-*

you can get one of these:  :o :o :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HM-Titan-875-TruckMount-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine-/221062643912?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33785c40c8

Did I ever mention on here that Simon let me hold his hose once??  :-X :-X

Clean Safe

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 02:46:05 pm »
When you have been going a few years and get to be big and mean like Simon Gerrard...  :-* :-*

you can get one of these:  :o :o :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HM-Titan-875-TruckMount-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine-/221062643912?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33785c40c8

You have lost me on the Simon Gerrard joke but that machine looks the tits.....will check the budget!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:55 pm »
The better the spec the easier it is to clean carpets and the less risk you may have of shrinkage also a drier carpet is a happier customer if you go on a training course then you'll find it even easier to clean carpets and if you get treatment risk insurance added to your normal insurance you will be covered if you damage or spoil the carpet.

Rug drs aren't classed as professional machines for a few reasons if you are to offer a professional service then you can't walk in to a situation with what the customer can hire from b&q.

Training courses and there are many of them and also for different things ie carpet cleaning introduction, commercial carpet cleaning, spot and stain removal etc etc are a great way of giving you knowledge because many customers will want a carpet cleaning just because they have a stain on it normal detergents don't always remove them what are you going to use and how there are different techniques get the wrong one and you may end up claiming on your insurance.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 08:28:12 pm »

Hector,

Mrs Hector said she hadn't seen one as big as that before? ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 08:30:37 pm »
Clean Safe,

You're probably better doing a training course before buying a machine as there is more to this game than just buying a machine and hey presto, you're carpet cleaner.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 09:15:37 pm »
be interesting to see what this goes for....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120945806379?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 09:24:55 pm »
Probably only worth £400 given the condition and hasn't run for so long.

Simon Moat

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 09:38:02 pm »
Scrap value, see there is an old Extracta in the background.