Re: Twitter
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 07:09:08 pm »
I have not meant to offend you Ian, I am sorry that you have taken it that way.

You said earlier that you have not got any work coming in, so all I have done is look at what you are doing and try to help you.

No one can fault the enthusiasm that you have, but if it does not bring in the work then it must be misplaced.

I did not call you lazy either.

If you ask for help then you should listen to some of the constructive critisism that is offered, and of course ignore the plain critisism for critisism sake.

I took the time to look at what you do and offer some advice, it seems to me that you didn't like what I said, and chose to assume that I was having a pop at you. I was not.

wynne jones

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 07:13:58 pm »
It's basically 3 affiliate offers.

Unfortunately you don't build a list this way. I personally would want to target LOCAL people with the same problems and get their email address, but that's just me.  :-\

If you want to be a perceived expert in your own field you really need to write your own ebooks/ibook/app etc, give them away 'free' get an email address and some kudos at the same time.

ps

Ian, we all write things on here and some agree and some don't and have digs. That's because people have different perspectives to our own, that doesn't make them right or wrong.

If you want to share and believe in what you are writing I can't see why you are so bothered. I certainly wouldn't post what you did as it makes you seem like a big baby. If you think that's bad you should see what comments I get.  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 07:17:21 pm »
If you think that's bad you should see what comments I get.

That is because you deserve them Wynne

:P :P :P

wynne jones

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 07:22:56 pm »

Right that's it, I'm off for a good cry. :'(

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »
There is no magic formula for using twitter. Just engage with people and be yourself.

Don't continually try to sell your services. Offer free advice, post some photos, some jokes, comment on a tv show - just as you might if you were down the pub.

Keep your eyes peeled for requests for help.

I have picked up a couple of lucrative jobs simply by responding to a tweet requesting help.

garry22

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2012, 08:29:10 pm »
I think you have that wrong, its not selling ebooks, it offers a link to puppy training ebook and states he's getting no money for that it's just helpful advice. and that's only one page.

Have a proper read through.

Craig,

I'm puzzled about that comment. Could you take a look at the source code of that page (clean-gene) and tell me why you think I have got that wrong please?

Maybe I have made a mistake but I would be grateful if you could just double check.

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 08:39:44 pm »

Right that's it, I'm off for a good cry. :'(

wynne jones

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 08:55:26 pm »
mwaah mwaah

Craigp

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2012, 09:05:28 pm »
Garry, can't fing it now seems Ians gone ???

But as I said it was a blog site, never sold anything but it did recommend an ebook, and said that he (Ian) is not being paid for the link to ebook it's just a helpful link.

The site I saw was mobile site as I'm on an iPad.

wynne jones

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 02:47:18 pm »
Come on Ian don't be daft.

You have useful information to share. Everyone, and I mean everyone will post on here and someone will say nah that's rubbish. If we all did what you're doing there would be no forum.

In life we all need to be able to shrug off criticism otherwise we will be giving others control over us. So it's a genuine 'don't go' from me and I'm sure others feel the same.  :)