john martin

Pressure washer based Portable/ETM
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:20:13 pm »
 :)

Just seeing if you could put together a higher performance mostly van
mount portable for less than the cost of a top of the range portable .

As a target to beat , I pick the airflex storm which is 3400 + vat if you include the magma heater .

(For Water recovery) -  The new Mytee flood hog .  £1300 from woodbridge     
This features the newer' lighthouse' motors as used in the M5 which would be a 3 grand machine if it was available here , these are high airwatt motors (650 airwatts) each and are
comparable in performance to the 6.6 , consider them on a par .Unusually  for a machine primarily designed as a flood pumper ,mytee has opted for a parallel setup .
figures stated are conservative . Hog features recovery tank + 70gpm
auto pumpout , great if you hit some real flood work .
http://www.wcsuk.com/acatalog/Mytee_7000_Flood_Hog.html

(Water Pump )-           Interpump boxjet portable unit  ...     adjustable up to 1000 psi  ... 8lpm  and 1500 watt motor.
Could also be used indoors just with the floodhog , connecting to the hot tap .    £306
http://www.allpressuresprayersdirect.co.uk/box-jet-&-turbo-15-pressure-washer

(Heat) -  lavor Hotbox    diesel burner -  up to 150c heat ... 300 watts
to run   1150 incl vat
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lavor-Volcano-HOT-BOX-Heat-Exchanger-Boiler-/350148297905

2600  spent so far and superior performance  to  the 3400 for Storm
...  that leaves £700 for perhaps a van water tank £ 100   hose reel
, hose etc  :)

jasonl

Re: Pressure washer based Portable/ETM
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:27:57 pm »
Or even simpler   the Zeta  hot pressure washer 1000 plus vat
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

john martin

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »
but that wouldn't be very original  ;D

+ you can bring the pump/hog i mentioned indoors and use it CFX style .

The zeta draws more amps .

Zeta has a smaller diesel tank .

You can use the Hotbox with other portables pumps.

Hotbox goes hotter .

But zeta + floodhog would work real well too  :)

peter maybury

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »
I spent years 1000's of hour lots of money and never made anything that was romotely like a truckmount.
If I had put that effort into marketing it would have been a lot more constructive. The best thing that I ever did in this business was going truckmount. The most stupid thing that I have ever done is take so long in realising what a truckmount is capable.  People on this forum have a habit of thinking that they underdstand what something they have never used or had any experince of actually does. If you ever put an airflex, jaguar or scorpion next to a truckmount for a day you would realise what totally different capabilities they have.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Colin Day

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:51 pm »
What is the minimum PSI of the Lavor Hotbox?

The Zeta is around 400.....

john martin

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 10:42:04 pm »
I spent years 1000's of hour lots of money and never made anything that was romotely like a truckmount.
If I had put that effort into marketing it would have been a lot more constructive. The best thing that I ever did in this business was going truckmount. The most stupid thing that I have ever done is take so long in realising what a truckmount is capable.  People on this forum have a habit of thinking that they underdstand what something they have never used or had any experince of actually does. If you ever put an airflex, jaguar or scorpion next to a truckmount for a day you would realise what totally different capabilities they have.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Yes , i understand , no electric vac machine is going to touch  TM performance , even if it comes close to TM figures , the working cfm/lift will not compete with a TM/blower under load , but lots of folk work successfully with electric gear too .

john martin

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 10:53:23 pm »
What is the minimum PSI of the Lavor Hotbox?

The Zeta is around 400.....

I  dont know ,  i just spotted it browsing tonight  :)
Could even be the same burner , it could depend on pump flow rate also .
I'll see if i can find out sometime ...
If it was for me it'd probably buy the burner for 400 or so and attach a jerrycan and diy a metal holder or sorts .
Did you guys ever look into adjusting or fitting a lower flow meter/ sensor or whatever .

Colin Day

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 11:03:49 pm »
Yes, Russ did. I've just left mine as is with no adverse affects.... (Touch wood ;D)

I was initially concerned that the psi would be too high, but it's perfect as it is.

I also use the Mytee Inline Heater when the Zeta can't be used, I'm impressed with it now that I've sussed out how to use it effectively...

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 11:22:06 pm »
A 12 ltr/min lavor hot box is £530 + vat from exchange engineering. The pressure does not matter as the boiler fires up on a flow switch, mine fires up on next to no flow as it has the spring removed. They go to 110 degrees on a thermostat

john martin

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 11:34:28 pm »
A 12 ltr/min lavor hot box is £530 + vat from exchange engineering. The pressure does not matter as the boiler fires up on a flow switch, mine fires up on next to no flow as it has the spring removed. They go to 110 degrees on a thermostat

Ah ....   but i have a keen eye for a bargain
http://equip2clean.co.uk/pressure-washers/lavor/lavor-burner-boiler-unit-for-pressure-washers-medium.html

Great info there ! , if i get one that springs going  :)

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 11:57:35 pm »
you could always go for the little giant water heater. I have one of these and they are very good http://www.little-giant.com/water-heating-products/carpet-cleaning/gas-carpet-cleaning.html

john martin

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 12:33:26 am »
you could always go for the little giant water heater. I have one of these and they are very good http://www.little-giant.com/water-heating-products/carpet-cleaning/gas-carpet-cleaning.html

looks good , not too many in UK id say ..

and its strengthening Christians too   :)

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 07:50:58 am »
I have one fitted to my Steam Genie Sizzler truckmount. The water is upto 240degree F within 2 mins and a 19kg bottle of propane will last 28 hours at full heat. Parts are easy ordered and very easy to maintain. The one I have is 13 years old now and still performs like new.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 07:53:57 am »
I could list the problems with using a diesel burner to heat water inline for carpet cleaning and I would be here all day :-\

The worst is the slowness of the probe thermostat to turn off the unit when it reaches the required temp',

when you turn the heater on you can set the thermostat to 50degrees but it will hit 120degrees before the probe has time to kick in and turn off the unit,  it will hold this temp' for about 3 mins then slowly return to the set temp.

This is A problem when you are cleaning  heat sensitive items like dralon.

This will happen every time the burner kicks in unless you fit a secondary bypass and have a constant flow through the burner back into the fresh tank.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 08:06:36 am »
I don't use the Zeta when doing upholstery beacuse I only use <100psi.... So I guess it'll never be a problem for me, Mike.... ;)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 08:19:48 am »
Colin the Zeta heater coil is a lot smaller so should,nt have this problem, the big burners like John has listed is designed for 18lt/min flow rates which is 3~4 times higher than required for our needs....this is why there is a control problem...they are just too big

john martin

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 10:53:57 am »
Colin the Zeta heater coil is a lot smaller so should,nt have this problem, the big burners like John has listed is designed for 18lt/min flow rates which is 3~4 times higher than required for our needs....this is why there is a control problem...they are just too big

The smallest of the lavors here might be more appropriate ?

http://equip2clean.co.uk/pressure-washers/lavor/lavor-burner-boiler-unit-for-pressure-washers-small.html

Could only see myself using it on some carpets ,  for upholstery I'm a low pressure spray out tool guy .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 10:58:43 am »
John that doesn't have a fuel tank, thermostat, flow switch , on/off switch control unit.... it just the coil & fan, its a bit like have a car engine and thinking you have a drivable car

Russ Chadd

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 11:11:36 am »
Why not save yourself loads of time, hassle and money! you have two choices :

1 Truckmount

2 Portable

Lets look at the cheapest new truckmount...

The Prowler is one to consider and this is gonna cost you £6500 + VAT for a machine with 50' hoses, water tank and wand.

Or

The Jag £2600 + VAT... if you said £3000 + VAT im sure for that you would get 100' of hoses. 4 jet wand and possibly some other bits and pieces.
The Zeta £1000 + VAT

£4000 + VAT

Why over complicate things? there comes a point when you have to make a decision between the two options above, hand on heart if i had the work to justify the expense of a TM i would buy one.

Its all about getting the biggest "bang for your buck" and you need to get a return on your equipment sooner rather than later.

I can remove my jag from the van if its a job on the 10th floor, you try doing that with a TM!, for me its about flexibility and versatility.

When it comes to portable machines they have their limitations for instance a three vac model needs 2 electrical circuits and a third if you run an inline heater... pain in the ass!!

Colin and I both have the same set ups and we can both agree that for the type of work we do, the jag + Zeta is great.

John, PM me and i will send you links to vids of my setup

jasonl

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 12:11:17 pm »
100% agree Russ , I would add in a powerhead such as 360i /RX20 

Along with LM set up and you have the potential for more return % on investment than any other system.

Yes a TM will earn more actual ££ but how much will getting that work cost ,and how long will it take? 

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings