wayne zabel

Solution hose split
« on: January 19, 2012, 03:49:49 pm »
My solution hose split today about half an inch above the brass male connector.Any one know a place in the Manchester area that might be able to repair it.

I have ordered some more from Cleansmart but if its repairable I could use it as a spare.

Thanks
Wayne

CleanerCarpets

Re: Solution hose split
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »
Wayne - if you have a local Pirtek they can help - google them and see if you have one close

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:51:53 pm »
Yeah Pirtek.

Get both ends done at the same time.

JandS

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:48:07 pm »
Buy the QC's first, the one I used didn't have them in.
And get both ends done as someone already mentioned.
Pirtek did mine for nothing, gave the guy a fiver.
Mine went in a library, luckily there Ashbys with the
sleeving protective cover so water didn't actually spray
all over the place.
Split a fifty foot length last month into a 35 and a 15, best
thing I done, charged a tenner for doing that.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Buckland

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 05:53:52 pm »
I was looking to get a load of hoses re-ended and spoke to our local hose place Hyphose earlier today - they say they will not re-end parker flex and similar "at the present time" - on questioning them they said they used to but there was an incident recently and they are not doing it at present(!) They also said the same applies to hydraulic hose which they used to re-end - he said also there is EU legislation pending - presume there is some safety issue relating to their process - I will be trying elsewhere - be interested to know if its a national thing?

Dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 10:38:14 pm »
Wayne

Pirtek in Trafford Park and Oldham.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Jim_77

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 02:38:28 am »
Goodyear neptune isn't mined out of the ground in 50' lengths!

It is cut off a frikkin great big reel and the ends made up to whatever length.  So there should be no problem with putting fittings on the ends of hose.  If their systems are failing it's their fault, not the hoses.

Sounds like a marketing ploy to sell more new hose.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 08:17:04 am »
I was looking to get a load of hoses re-ended and spoke to our local hose place Hyphose earlier today - they say they will not re-end parker flex and similar "at the present time" - on questioning them they said they used to but there was an incident recently and they are not doing it at present(!) They also said the same applies to hydraulic hose which they used to re-end - he said also there is EU legislation pending - presume there is some safety issue relating to their process - I will be trying elsewhere - be interested to know if its a national thing?

Dave

I have come up against this before. When you explain that it's only for <1000psi of water they normally do it. Hydraulics are a different matter. It helps if the ratings are still visible on your hose. I do believe it's down to the individual operator though.