jasonl

Re: low moisture/rotary clean
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 08:35:42 pm »
Funny , someone dragged this to the top again , and I get another load of requests
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

peter maybury

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 08:59:05 pm »
We are working on a massive job at the moment and the first two days of it we spent trying different methods in order to save us time and money. We compared encap with the texatherm and hot water extraction with a truckount. One of the things on a large contract is not to be seen trying to cut corners as the last thing we want is to have to reset up equipment to redo random areas. The texa therm gave us the best result in appearance across the board on all the carpet types and soil conditions where it struggled was in the kitchen areas, stairs and very heavy soil areas. The encapped areas had to be redone as we were unhappy with the result and there was still a lot of stains in the flats. We have ended up trucking the majority of it as once the machine is set up to do the kitchen and stair areas you might as well do the rest of the flat with it anyway. The cleaning of the bonnets is also very time consuming when you have so many of them to do anyway.
As other people have said if you have nothing else to compare it to then you may think that it is an acceptable result.
I do a lot of bonneting for customers on a regular basis but I only sell them the idea of a maintenace clean as that is really all it is.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

jasonl

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:55 pm »
I  do it to make money for little outlay like everyone else does!!!!
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 09:26:21 pm »
Do you use bonnets when you Encap Peter?

AshWhite

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 09:28:50 pm »
Peter, if you can source some brushes you can lend my cimex cr48 give encapping a proper go (I have only got hard floor brushes for it).
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 10:04:07 pm »
Have to agree with Peter on his findings, although I've reduced the equipment quantity by using Jason's method, which can be quite a saving on backache if it's a 3rd floor or above flat and there's no lift.
Vacuum, bag of spotters, pads, rotary, kettle.
One person two trips up/down stairs and everything is to hand.

We are working on a massive job at the moment and the first two days of it we spent trying different methods in order to save us time and money. We compared encap with the texatherm and hot water extraction with a truckount. One of the things on a large contract is not to be seen trying to cut corners as the last thing we want is to have to reset up equipment to redo random areas. The texa therm gave us the best result in appearance across the board on all the carpet types and soil conditions where it struggled was in the kitchen areas, stairs and very heavy soil areas. The encapped areas had to be redone as we were unhappy with the result and there was still a lot of stains in the flats. We have ended up trucking the majority of it as once the machine is set up to do the kitchen and stair areas you might as well do the rest of the flat with it anyway. The cleaning of the bonnets is also very time consuming when you have so many of them to do anyway.
As other people have said if you have nothing else to compare it to then you may think that it is an acceptable result.
I do a lot of bonneting for customers on a regular basis but I only sell them the idea of a maintenace clean as that is really all it is.
Peter

peter maybury

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 11:00:52 pm »
Jason
have tried most things but when encapping we normally use white pads. I have quite a selection of different things including microfibre, chemdry, texatherm, charli pads and all the various scrubbing pads and brushes.
The majority of my work is heavily soiled areas and the areas that I am talking about on this job are soiled.
We have 3000 + bedrooms along with corridors stairs landings kitchens etc. It is just too bad for l/m.
I am always impressed with the textherm but even that has it limitations

Peter

mattman

Re: Low moisture/rotary clean
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 12:58:31 pm »
Hi Jason, can I have a copy please, much appreciated.
Simmplyclean@gmail.com ( there is meant to be two m's, not a typo )

Cheers,
Matt.

peter maybury

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 07:47:55 pm »
Ash
would like to try out the cimex will look out for pads. What are the size ?

Peter

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 07:52:54 pm »
8" pads and drive discs needed for a CR48

Len Gribble

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »
Can I also have a copy lenpg@btinternet.com
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

peter maybury

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:56 pm »
is it white pads that you use Jason and is the cimex going to make a very noticable difference to using an ordinary rotary?
I find low moisture cleaning very frustrating. Ok we have some regular contracts that we use it, but getting a good result on dirty carpets is something that I would like to achieve.

Peter

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:36 am »
White, red, tan, Cimex Encap, Fibre Plus, Fibre Plus Max can all be used on the cimex.

The main advantage the machine has is that its planetary action gives 5 times the passes a normal rotary would and from every direction.

K.O. Glanville

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 08:31:54 pm »
Shorty

Do you use encap solutions with hwe and what the drying time when used with your cimex

cheers Jim

Sorry Jim, I only just noticed this post again.

IF I'm going to hwe after vlm (Cimex) agitation, I use a hwe solution that is meant to be extracted.

This solution I can either put through the Cimex tank, (which I prefer due to no atomisation), or pre-spray down.

If I only hwe, then it is only a hwe pre-spray solution.

Naturally, if I just use my Cimex of Sprayborg, then it's the encap solution.

The encap solution is a more costly than a hwe pre-spray, and if you are going to rinse/extract, then you are just washing dollars away by using an encap solution.

HWE pre-sprays are not meant to stay in the carpet, so I do not use them when the final clean is going to be with the Cimex or Sprayborg.

As I'm in the tropics, drying times can vary greatly due to climatic conditions.

Generally though, I get a two hour dry on the majority of my jobs.

I can shorten this dramatically by following up with a bonnet on the Sprayborg IF THE CUSTARD IS WILLING TO PAY.

I may encapsulate clean all day in a large office, with no air con; operating whilst it is pouring rain outside with humidity in the high 90's, but when the staff come in next morning, the carpet is dry, no odour, and no condensation on the windows.

In a previous life, if I tried to hwe extract this, I'd be in all sorts of strife.

Toys are King, by varying the toys and the pie, you not only clean better, but sleep well at night also.  ;D

Shorty.

jasonl

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 11:55:06 am »
Have sent them to all who emailed me ,  2 people said thanks , Just saying.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

mark shannon

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 06:51:23 pm »
Sorry Jason Thanks! good reading appreciate you sharing.

MARK

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »
Jason,
Apologies also, only just noticed it in my in box.

Simon

PaulKing

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »
Low moisture is fine for maintenance, but honestly whats the problem with flushing the fibres total clean with lots of lovely water especially when drying times are 1-2 hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ixi3rxC1Ew&feature=youtu.be

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

PaulKing

PaulKing

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 08:03:01 pm »
p.s jason can i have a copy of your guide as well paul@revitaclean.com