wayne zabel

Another No Show
« on: April 04, 2011, 01:37:42 pm »
This is really peeing me off now.

Second no show in a week,arranged to clean upholstery for a customer Ive done lots of work for,only to arrive and find only her parents at home who are about 80 and cant speak a word of English.Tried to explain the situation but couldnt make myself understood.

This is obviously a misunderstanding but had another situation last week were no one was at home.

All part of the joys of being a self employed CC I suppose.

markpowell

Re: Another No Show
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:41:05 pm »
Always give courtesy call hour before appointment, to let them know your time of arrival. Cuts out most of these time wasters mate.
Mark

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 02:51:55 pm »
I always do but this was only arranged last Friday so I thought they'd have remembered the appointment,to make matters worse I changed my diary to accomodate them.She said she was desperate to have it done.

She will probably be on the phone later asking if I can do it ASAP.She asked me to do it in the evening last week.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:18:22 pm »
I find a courtesy call a waste of time,they are not going to answer the phone anyway if they intend to "no-show".I still have to turn up if they don't pick up the phone as there may be a genuine reason for not answering the phone.It also give's people the chance to cancel,this happened loads of time when i used to give a courtesy call.You can tell when you walk up to the door if there's going to be a no show.1-The blinds,curtains,or both are shut,(if you look up quickly as you knock you can usually see somebody peeking through the bedroom curtains ;D) 2- The garden/yard is full of toys and an assortment of other cr*p. 3-It's in a bad area and paint is peeling off the house.
The main reason they have probably not shown is they have realised they will be short for there drug/cig/beer fund if they pay you and you are better off without them.It's happened about 5 times in the last year,so it's not a massive problem for me.It annoyed me at first,but now i just chill and post a few leaflets if it happens now.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »
Just had a call from the husband.Shes just had a baby this morning.

What sort of excuse is that ;D

I didnt even know she was expecting,but I suppose that was why she wanted the job done urgently.

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 05:33:54 pm »
I hope you're going to charge her double for being so selfish.... ;D

jasonl

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 05:48:21 pm »
I have had similar many times , just crack on and do the clean , the carpet cleaner is a minor part of their lives , so long as the door is open I would go in , the only exception would be if it were young kids in the house.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 07:17:46 pm »
I had one back in Januray, (See if anyone can beat this!!)

I called his mobile as i wasn't sure which buzzer it was, he answered and let me in, but didn't sound to convinced on the phone! When i got to his door on the 2nd floor he didn't open it! and that was it!  >:( i rang the door bell, rang his mobile and he just wouldn't let me in! The wee poo! lol its actaully quite funny now i think of it. I wonder if he would open up if i put a plump of dog turd through his lettrerbox lol

Also had another one about a month ago that anwsered her phone then just slammed it in my face when i told her who i was!  Luckly i didn't have to travel to far for that one.  I left her a lovely message on her voice mail :)

Then i had another one that wasted my time THREE bloody times!! First time, i got there and she wasn't expecting me! erm ok, rebooked for next week. She wasn't in! I called her and she said she had to go in to work, OK. Third time she wasn't there again!  >:( I think she was lucky i even bothered going a third time! She has got a listing on my poo list  ;D

So thats three this year already, i usualy get around 5 - 6 a year. << inbread no marks! I hope they rot in hell  ;D

Paul Heath

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 07:24:07 pm »
She not had the baby on the carpet your where supposed to clean.. ;)

terrymaloy

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 11:53:19 am »
I find a courtesy call a waste of time,they are not going to answer the phone anyway if they intend to "no-show".I still have to turn up if they don't pick up the phone as there may be a genuine reason for not answering the phone.It also give's people the chance to cancel,this happened loads of time when i used to give a courtesy call.You can tell when you walk up to the door if there's going to be a no show.1-The blinds,curtains,or both are shut,(if you look up quickly as you knock you can usually see somebody peeking through the bedroom curtains ;D) 2- The garden/yard is full of toys and an assortment of other cr*p. 3-It's in a bad area and paint is peeling off the house.
The main reason they have probably not shown is they have realised they will be short for there drug/cig/beer fund if they pay you and you are better off without them.It's happened about 5 times in the last year,so it's not a massive problem for me.It annoyed me at first,but now i just chill and post a few leaflets if it happens now.
Pretty much spot on...
When no one answered for me last week I rang them later that day.
"Hello..I came to clean your carpets this morning as arranged but you were'nt in " ?
His reply..."Not me mate now F**K OFF"  :o

Aaaaarrggggghhhhh !!!!

richy27

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »
Thankfully I have only ever had a few a courtesy call is a waste of time the same day it will happen from time to time only time I ever call the night before is if said works are booked in over 3 weeks previous. Take it on the chin put a business card through the door with a polite message better to give them the chance to explain and re book I am lucky because if this happens I have a massive commercial on going job that I can just turn up and do bits whenever they just require 30 min notice.

Its annoying rise above it and move on 

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 03:10:12 pm »
Had first no show for ages last week. All upstairs windows were wide open, but the milk was still sitting on the doorstep (nicely warmed like it used to be at school)and no amount of ringing the bell & knocking on the door produced a reply. Luckily it was only a single room job late in the day, on my way home, so finished early and spent some quality time in the sunshine with family instead. Put card through the door and I have heard nothing from them, not really the sort of people I want as customers.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

Jim_77

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 03:37:28 pm »
As Rich says you just have to brush it off your shoulder and move on, no point getting stressed about it.  I've always bitten my tongue with no-shows, thankfully only happens ever so rarely for me.

The last one, her dad had died the night before - she phoned up a few days later, apologised and re-booked.  In situations like this it makes you thankful you acted respectfully rather than blowing your top.  Imagine what that poor woman would have been like if, on top of her loss, she had a load of screaming abuse on her answerphone when she got home.

garybristow

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 03:48:10 pm »
jim ,i think her father is bloody inconsiderate,he could of hung on ;D ;D
gary bristowclean

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 03:49:40 pm »
Had one today where she said that there was an emergency there was no electricity! No Problem I'm Truckmounted ;D

I may be doing a no show in a bit I have to go to the dentist and I'm shipping myself not for the work to be done but have you seen what these guys charge?  :'(

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 03:56:42 pm »
My other half is a sales rep for one of the suppliers to the dental industry.  Those chairs you sit in, they start at around £10k for a basic one and can go up to £40k or more!

Kitting out a practice with 3 surgery rooms for example you're looking at up to £200k for chairs and other machinery.  Makes the cost of our truckmounts look like pocket change :o

Doug Holloway

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 04:53:56 pm »
Hi Guys

Thought I might be in trouble this morning.

Booked a job in London 2 weeks ago in a bit of a rush and thought I will ring before I leave, no tel number :'(

As I was driving up I was thinking if this is a no show I will be peed off especially as I had to go into the congestion zone(£10)

When I got there she was expecting me tomorrow but it was no problem and all was well when I managed to add protector on :)

Cheers

Doug

clinton

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 04:58:33 pm »
Thankfully i dont have many of these clients with  no shows.

Wouldnt  ring to confirm mind.

Just put it behind you wayne and once you have buit up a good client base they will become less.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 09:59:01 pm »
Wayne

Just wait until you are so busy that you overlook a job in your diary and miss a job out and go on to the next one in your diary.

You will be apologising so profusely you won't know what's hit you.

So just imagine the boot on the other foot. No shows happen. It's part of life and just accept it and get on with something else that you were meaning to do but didn't know if you had the time to complete it.

In other words treat other people as you would wish to be treated yourself.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Matt Lindus

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 10:51:36 pm »
For both my businesses we send a £53.50 call out charge with hefty interest charges after the 7th day.
We make a very good profit from no shows, despite all the screaming, shouting, swearing and physical violence we have to endure from the once reclusive culprit.

I had one guy who refused to pay the initial 53.50 and threatened to burn our premises down if we pursued this.  ;D ;D Eventually, 2 months later after a nervous breakdown, one of his family members agreed to pay us what was owed. :)

If customers comply, they get a super service at a great price. If they mess us about and cost us revenue, they better brace down for hell on earth.
No one costs me money and gets away with it.

Matt