creighton foyle

Re: Banned!!
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2010, 10:45:37 pm »
i have got 9 points on my licence and consider myself to be very unlucky. after 25 years with a clean licence i got 3 points on 2 seperate occassion for doing 70 on the motorway in a 50 yes i was exceeding the temporary speed limit that was in place at the time but i try hard not to speed and it still happened to me , the last 3 points i had was coming out of cardiff at 2am 2 lanes either side of the road (not dual carriageway) speed limit 40 - 30 - 40 variable they got me doing 41 in the 30 spped cameras are revenue simple. if my mobile rings when i am driving i never answer it,  i do eat  whilst driving so am just as likely to get done for that . speed cameras are positioned in such a way as to catch out even the most carefull drivers so i have sypathy for people who are caught out with marginal speeding tickets due to minor lapses however i do think there is no excuse for using your phone whilst driving and i am amazed at the huge amount of people i see doing just that women offending more than men imo

wynne jones

Re: Banned!!
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2010, 11:48:57 pm »
I bet a lot of you have thought about not being able to work whether it be driving license, physical disability etc I think its important  to do other things to generate an income in addition to savings, but it's hard work and requires a lot of discipline, but the Mrs finally came round to it. ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.