geefree

Quote... estimate template. HELP!
« on: March 18, 2009, 09:30:31 am »
Hi,

i need to give a commercial estimate today... and try as i might in micro-word...i cannot make one, and george system is in my old business name...

can anyone help me please, i would be very grateful if i could borrow one off someone.

Thanks very much

my email is
gazasp8@aol.com

Rob_B

Re: Quote... estimate template. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 01:36:48 pm »
I just put the quote/estimate price in a letter on letterheaded paper.

I do have an accounts package that can print it out like an invoice but puts the word quote/estimate in place of the word invoice, then if they accept the quote you can change it into an invoice at a mouse click when you do the job, but I never use that. I can't see the point of typing in all the details of the customer in case they turn it down.

I just list all the work tab along and put prices next to them.

geefree

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:26:46 am »
Thanks Rob,

well i made a temporary quote form, i didnt think it looked professional , and i just hope i am in the mix to get the job.

Must say i am a little disappointed with the responce, but hey i should get myself better organised.  ;)

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 03:10:56 pm »
e-mail george and he will sort out changing business name on it...he did it for me the other day..

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 03:16:22 pm »
Gaz,

If it's a fair sized job that I really want, I'll supply a risk and method statement, along with a copy of my public liability insurance; with a covering letter that outlines the job, the frequency, and the cost.

I might even stick it in a slim glossy folder to make it look pretty!

I can't email you them though; 'cos I use microsoft works; not word.