letzclean

Feed back on new site please?
« on: April 17, 2009, 07:32:06 pm »

Could you please give me feedback on my new site would be much appreciated could you also tell me how much you think it cost to build!

www.cleenco.co.uk
"A pessimist see's the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist see's the opportunity in every difficulty."

Katy Radcliffe

Re: Feed back on new site please?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:18:34 pm »
I can only give you my impression as if I were looking for someone to come clean for me... I think it's a bit too heavy on the text.  Very wordy and a slightly small font. I don't have any real suggestions on how to make it better, but I would say maybe you should make your front page much more succinct and then have links to the indepth info on each sort of cleaning.

Choose the very essential things you want to get across and put those on there, larger and easier to read.

vacman

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:49:47 am »
The punctuation certainly needs an overhaul I'm afraid.

dsdearlove

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 10:15:21 am »
It's good website....

Maybe a little heavy worded...but content is king...just make sure its relevant and that you mention your keywords every so after in a controlled manner of course.

SEO (onsite) wise it's fine always more you can do  but you have different title on each page, alt tags, correct headings, bolded key words and absolute links.

I think people expect mircles with seo, it takes months to get your site ranked near the top and thats if you do everything right before hand.....and then you can lose your spot in an instant.

Think about setting up a blog, google loves fresh content. Post your website link on other websites, don't get into link exchanges ( mine on yours, yours on mine) it could damage your ranking.

If you need any help at all let me know, I know a lot about SEO and web design but i'm sure a google search will be just as good  :P

I'll have my own website completed shortly.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 04:55:46 pm »
I agree, try and make you home page like a quick intro page with key words in a sentence like:

Office cleaning London - Domestic Cleaning London

Clean Company cleaning services is based in London and provides affordable office cleaning, Domestic cleaning and end of tenancy cleaning services in ........ we are fully insured to work in all types of cleaning services.

and a bit more but use keys words and high light them so Google will pick them up..

as you already have a page about the text that's on the home page you dont need all that, most people will see it and move on i know this from experience so reduced my home page and had it all on the services page, but each section high light.  ;D ;D

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 05:01:10 pm »
Also go on free advertising like hotfrog, freeindex,

links have worked for me but they are relevant to my site ie they are cleaning services but not what i offer

Also make sure your meta tags and site description are right with correct key words, dont have to many keywords or to less, what i been told anyway lol

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 05:10:33 pm »
Oh and do what many people are doing to get hits to your site http://twitter.com

look at mine http://twitter.com/applemaid

letzclean

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 03:10:12 pm »
So Over all what do you think I should do with the home page?
"A pessimist see's the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist see's the opportunity in every difficulty."

suffolkclean

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 06:37:49 pm »
Nice big pictures, coloured backgrounds, large text listing services, areas & use the specific pages for the big descriptions not on the homepage.

letzclean

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »

Hi SuffolkClean could you explain what you mean

suffolkclean

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 08:08:06 am »
You have loads of text on the page End of Tenancy - big description, Carpet Cleaning - Big Description all on one page , Keep Carpet Cleaning information on the Carpet Cleaning Page End of Tenancy on End of Tenancy Page.

When you go onto your website all you see is the whole page full of text - have a look at mine main page has short explanation of what we do then people can click on the services they want to find out about.
www.kc-services.com