chrisham

Cleaning Methodology
« on: May 10, 2014, 12:09:29 pm »
Hi Folks,

We have just taken over another company and Tuped all staff. We are experiencing reluctance from the staff to change their cleaning methods from using paper kitchen towels and domestic products to microfibre and professional cleaning products (Jangro). We have managed to remove most single mop and buckets from customer premises and given training with micofibre mop heads and spray floor cleaning but are experiencing resistance to change. Are we expecting too much too soon or should we be encouraging them to follow our cleaning methods more vigorously?

Your thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks

Tadgh O Shea

Re: Cleaning Methodology
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:12:29 am »
Hi Chrisham, I commend you on making the change from using cotton string mops (which are one of the most useless tools used within the cleaning industry, and many people now class them as CFU mops)
Best solution is to bin all the cotton mops (as its the only place for them) so your staff have no choice but to mop the floors using microfiber technology.

Timmy Boy

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 05:29:22 pm »
Chrisham
No one likes change, so just carry on. Remove all cotton mops. I tackled it by cleaning one area whilst the other cleaner cleaned the other half. Showed them the speed and the coverage and they were converted. You will also have people who just don't want to change!!

Regards

Tim
www.mcsclean.co.uk

chrisham

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »
Hi Tim & Tadgh,
Thanks for your comments, most of the new employees are taking the microfiber techniques on board although some of them still want to stay set in their ways. I have also been amazed just how many clients accept these poor standards of service.

Cheers,
Chris

gordonswindows

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:52:32 am »
It is not really about what they use to clean that it is only a power challenge.

Having been T.U.P.E."d they want to show you who has the power, they will push back to most things.........it is your business so they will do it your way, showing how much better you are by doing half a floor against them doing the other half is only pandering to their whim.

Unless you want to show how better you are in all areas of work stand up, direct what you want how you want and even why, make sure they know who is boss. Staff always think they are the important ones that they are the indispensable ones THEY ARE NOT, YOU ARE

By the way you will not find better cleaning products than Tadghs, no really I mean it, having tried most of the usual suspects Tadgh is our choice

cheers

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Tony Hodgkinson

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »
Personally you are well within your rights to change the methods. A friend of mine had the same problem what he decided to do is to start issuing formal warnings as its probably in their contracts 'reasonable request'.

Keep persistent and bring in your own ways of working,
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 06:53:02 pm »
It is not really about what they use to clean that it is only a power challenge.

Having been T.U.P.E."d they want to show you who has the power, they will push back to most things.........it is your business so they will do it your way, showing how much better you are by doing half a floor against them doing the other half is only pandering to their whim.

Unless you want to show how better you are in all areas of work stand up, direct what you want how you want and even why, make sure they know who is boss. Staff always think they are the important ones that they are the indispensable ones THEY ARE NOT, YOU ARE

By the way you will not find better cleaning products than Tadghs, no really I mean it, having tried most of the usual suspects Tadgh is our choice

cheers

Gordon
Hi Gordon, thank you for your kind remarks, much appreciated, Tadgh