colin bird

job average help please
« on: September 27, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »
i use george as my software,have done an income forcast for year end 31/12/2014.
i have divided my total income forcast by amount of jobs and im coming up with £17.88 job average.
is this a good job average ? , normal . or bad ? im in the southeast and my prices are competative with other window cleaners in my area.
all constructive feed back appreciated,thanks for reading

Mick Kent

Re: job average help please
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 05:20:01 pm »
Yes much higher than mine. Well done haveing that as an average mate.

colin bird

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 06:57:52 pm »
Yes much higher than mine. Well done haveing that as an average mate.
hi mick thanks for that feed back,I think you work is more condensed than mine ie you caravans,whilst my average is good,I often have one or two jobs in same road,due to that I'm having to drive between jobs,meaning the average is good but days are longer than yours for the same dish.
So in effect your lower average is better than mine !

Mick Kent

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 07:00:21 pm »
Yes i cant be dealing with stop and start all day.
The best way to work it out is if your hitting £40-60 glass time, if your doing that then your onto a good thing.  ;)

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 07:05:02 pm »
Yes i cant be dealing with stop and start all day.
The best way to work it out is if your hitting £40-60 glass time, if your doing that then your onto a good thing.  ;)
yes mate totally agree,on a positive not for me if I can keep that average and if I'm able to condense my round like yours I would deff be on a winner.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 07:55:10 pm »
Sounds a reasonable average to me, but like mick has said is that average about 30 mins of cleaning time ?

Some figures are useful, some misleading,  if you say cleaned a large sheltered housing complex you may only average £6 per unit but easily do 10 p/h. Likewise 3 big houses with an average price of £35 but take 5 hours to clean.

We set a rate p/h that covers wages,bills, rent,vat etc... The guys hit that were all happy.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk