Re: keeping motivated
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 06:48:33 pm »
You've got lots to do dude, write things down, make lists, set yourself tasks.

Order your WFP get on with it, sort your system out, if you need more custy's plan how you are going to do it.
You have a vague plan and you've done the right thing by getting more work, but you can't just drift in life. You've decided to do something, get on and do it.

As you say you are in the rut now of trying to keep up with the work you've created, but that's because you haven't followed through on the other parts of your plan.

Spending or borroiwing money does take courage, but providing you are hard working it's hard to see where you can go wrong. You just need to get on with it.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 08:39:26 pm »
This is how to keep motivated

Every day when you get up and go to clean windows make sure you realise how important and how good it feels to be able to do the job.

I have been off work now since 24th April with Pneumonia and am still at least 1-2 weeks away from going back

I have had no income for that period of time and work backlogging like you wouldn't beleive. But as i have had my customers for 4 years all are staying loyal and have told me to come back when im fit and ready.

So take note if you need to keep motivated think on that one day you might not be able to get up and even go out to work then you will find that this is the best job you can possibly imagine doing each day .

dudek

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 07:02:37 am »
Nice one easy all the best with things!

steve k

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 07:24:09 am »
then when you have become good at WFP and its all running fine, it become boring again and you are where you began  :-\

so,so true... :(

I have to keep reminding myelf that the money I earn is paying the bills, but then that reminds me that I am no different to anyone else in the rat race and it becomes a bit demoralising to realise that even though self employed, unless we are bulding an asset base of some sort with our good earnings of today, in a few short years when older age kicks in...all we will have is good memories of good earnings and £80  pound a week of state pension... :'( :'(

I, we, you NEED to invest some of your earnings into plans that will feed you a healthy income from the age of 55/60.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 08:15:22 am »
How do you keep yourselves motivated?

We all have different ways of doing it but just wondered how others keep themselves up to the challenge especially when you work alone!

My bills do that for me

choice.clean

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 08:27:43 am »
i find that the best way is to have someone working with you i always power up myself if i know someone is coming the other way i.e will i get to the side before the other guy. it must be my competitive streak. but at 48 i can give the youngsters a run for ther ;De money still

dudek

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 07:09:22 pm »
n

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 09:59:17 pm »
i know that at the end of every day i will take home at least £180 on a bad day, if that isnt enough motivation then i dont know what is

rosskesava

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 12:13:00 am »
Interesting how it all goes to wfp (which I use).

Motivation isn't just about having wfp?

Motivation is a state of mind whether trad or wfp.

£180 and that's on a bad day. Yeah. Sure. I often hear such claims. £900 plus each week. If I earnt £900 on a bad week I wouldn't be posting on this forum let alone any other. I wouldn't have time. Why would anyone earning +£900 a week be spending time on a forum?

How often does Terry Burrows, Mike Hanson (Mr Ionics) or Mike Boxhall post on this forum? They all do post occasionally from time to time and they earn over £900 a week but they don't say that fact.

Also, if I earnt £900 a week, I wouldn't be advertising the fact. I'd keep quiet and just carry on.

To me motivation is just 3 words which is 'just do it' whether getting going in the morning, leafleting or working. Say that enough times every day and you will 'just do it'. I think it's the starting that is the hardest not the carrying on.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

JohnL

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 07:34:43 am »
I expect you were fairly motivated starting a new round and business Ross. Presumably that focused your mind in the right places - and how is the new round shaping up Ross?
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.