vivaro 013

builders clean windows
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:16:55 pm »
what the going rate for builders clean on a
2 bed two storey house 
3 bed two storey house
4 bed two storey house
all are upvc windows which had all plastic protective filming removed b,some have slight cement marks on outside, inside some plastering marks on glass, frames and glass and doors are very dirty due to other building work going around them
any help would be appreciated   

JSMC

Re: builders clean windows
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:23:06 pm »
stay clear thats what to do. not worth hte hassle man. I done one and will never do another  >:(

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:41:20 pm »
Only do them if you have experience..

Far toooo much hassle if you do not already know what to do and price up.

Whatever you do ensure you have a signed scratch damage waiver by the foreman or whoever is contracting you. Or dont even go on site.

ants

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 06:05:49 pm »
what the going rate for builders clean on a
2 bed two storey house 
3 bed two storey house
4 bed two storey house
all are upvc windows which had all plastic protective filming removed b,some have slight cement marks on outside, inside some plastering marks on glass, frames and glass and doors are very dirty due to other building work going around them
any help would be appreciated   
[/quotecharge 4 or 5 times your usual rate,i do ok off them.
you will need a cscs card and will have to provide a method statement and risk assessment to get on site.good luck.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:10:39 pm »
dont touch them unless you cant avoid;
i never do them now geting paid is a mare  :-X

vivaro 013

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 08:25:19 pm »
thanks for reply s
i currently  clean windows for this company office and there show houses  , never had  a problem being paided only looking for some quoted prices, i feel around 40 to 50 pound just to clean front only as that all  there want doing  inside and out
still looking for advices

Pureandclean

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:45:41 pm »
You need to check whether they want a builders clean, or just a window clean, as I have found recently they are happy to have the windows cleaned with wfp without any scraping work at all.

If they do want a builders clean, you will need to check their policy on ladder work, as I was under the impression that ladders were banned on building sites, if that's the case you will need to do the windows when the scaffolding is still up.

I have had a couple of site agents suggesting that we should lean out of the windows, suggesting that was how they had done it, needless to say I walked away from those jobs.

Take plenty of pictures to cover your back, especially if you have to clean baths and their is plaster or cement in them.

Watch out for your payments towards the end of the site, as this tends to be the time when payments dry up, and your standards are questioned.

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 08:50:58 pm »
hi there

it sounds to me that they are looking for the street scene to be clean, its a bit of trick by the developers to make the site look sparkling clean, when they show people round.

wfp after the builders clean is fine, but will not remove the snots that the trades leave behind.

windows on builders cleans can be a right nightmare, even the protective film sometimes wont come off correctly becuase it had been on too long.

good luck

regards

martin

vivaro 013

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 08:55:30 pm »
yes i would say there are looking for a street clean trying to make properties look clean for open weekend, prices ??????????????????