tom20001

Soft wash set ups
« on: May 11, 2023, 06:56:18 pm »
I do a little bit of softwashing as an add on to my gutter, window and pressure washing work. My set up is a barrell with an outlet , I simply connect to my shurflo pump, same type of pump as window cleaning set up. It does the job but what's an upgrade to this? What do you guys use. Not looking to spend silly money as don't do enough to justify that so just wondering about options. Thanks lads

Splash & dash

Re: Soft wash set ups
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 10:31:14 pm »
I do a little bit of softwashing as an add on to my gutter, window and pressure washing work. My set up is a barrell with an outlet , I simply connect to my shurflo pump, same type of pump as window cleaning set up. It does the job but what's an upgrade to this? What do you guys use. Not looking to spend silly money as don't do enough to justify that so just wondering about options. Thanks lads

Next level up is a roll tech pump or comet pump on a petrol engine

tom20001

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 01:18:53 pm »

Could I use my old honda gx 200 for that? Or too powerful. It's just thrown in shed unused

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 03:09:28 pm »

Could I use my old honda gx 200 for that? Or too powerful. It's just thrown in shed unused

Yes but would need a pump  of some discription 

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 07:32:24 pm »
No he doesn't - just a chemical injector to mix

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 07:34:26 pm »
No he doesn't - just a chemical injector to mix

Darran

Do you mean an x jet type of thing ? We found the amount of drift was horrendous ok with water but not hypo mixes

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 07:36:02 pm »
Yes but make my own..

no drift if you use the correct nozzles

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 07:38:25 pm »
Yes but make my own..

no drift if you use the correct nozzles

Darran

We didn’t get on with them this type of set up is what we use works well and will supply up to 40 ltr per muinit for rinsing

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 08:06:52 pm »
And what do you use to apply your solution?

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2023, 08:23:38 pm »
And what do you use to apply your solution?

Same set up if it’s a large building you can adjust the flow rate from around 3 ltr to 40 ltr per muinit or a trolly with WFP application if smaller houses or mid terraced.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023, 09:40:15 pm »
Didn’t really answer the question

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 10:13:22 pm »
Didn’t really answer the question

Darran

Not sure what you mean ?

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 11:19:40 pm »
so you pump 40 litres a minute of hypo solution and apply it how ? nozzle maybe ?

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2023, 11:25:08 pm »
Just to remind you - OP asked for an upgrade that was sensible in price - so your answer was to point out something nearly 3 grand in price.

Darran

zesty

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2023, 08:11:49 am »
I didn’t like the p40 at all.

Prefer the rolltek.

Found the p40 cumbersome and bulky, not good for domestic. Guess it would be good for commercial though, I just don’t do much commercial at all.

Sold mine and stuck with the original rolltek Ben did for me years ago. It’s on a trolley and still pumps out 25 LPM (rated at 30 but i don’t think you’d get that)

I’d get a rolltek Tom, you’ll get years of service out of it.

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2023, 02:27:10 pm »
Just to remind you - OP asked for an upgrade that was sensible in price - so your answer was to point out something nearly 3 grand in price.

Darran

That was reply to you not the op , I suggested to him to get a pump for his existing machine , and yes obviously we use a nozzle of some sort but it supplies droplets that are much bigger than a normal nozzle produces so minimal drift , unlike the x jets I have tried in the past also found the pick up tube restrictive and always in the way , each to there own but that’s what we find works best .

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2023, 02:52:21 pm »
Fair enough i went from a to c however  I saw no po t in promoting a 3k machine - you also were quick to diss a far cheaper and very good option that would set the op back between 50 and 150 quid - with the nozzles I use there is no drift just like your Expensive machine 👍👍

Also it’s far far more flexible that pushing around yet another great big engine and pump setup

As you say each to their own 😋

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2023, 03:08:46 pm »
Fair enough i went from a to c however  I saw no po t in promoting a 3k machine - you also were quick to diss a far cheaper and very good option that would set the op back between 50 and 150 quid - with the nozzles I use there is no drift just like your Expensive machine 👍👍

Also it’s far far more flexible that pushing around yet another great big engine and pump setup

As you say each to their own 😋

Darran

To be fair you don’t need to move it that often as it has 100 feet of hose so will reach a fair bit on an average house , on commercial if you put it 100 feet in from the end of the building you can cover 200 so it’s not bad .
If you are using a pressure washer to run your set up ime guessing that’s going to be fairly heavy anyway and will also need moving ? I assume the hose from your hypo mix goes to the end of your lance nozzle and acts as a venture ? What length hose do you have from the barrel to the lance ? Ime always ready to try new ideas if they save time and work .

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2023, 03:15:37 pm »
I didn’t like the p40 at all.

Prefer the rolltek.

Found the p40 cumbersome and bulky, not good for domestic. Guess it would be good for commercial though, I just don’t do much commercial at all.

Sold mine and stuck with the original rolltek Ben did for me years ago. It’s on a trolley and still pumps out 25 LPM (rated at 30 but i don’t think you’d get that)

I’d get a rolltek Tom, you’ll get years of service out of it.

I bought the p40 beacause the roll tech wasn’t available during the covid period and couldn’t get even a remote delivery date , I haven’t used the roll tech one obviously but find the p40 very good for rinsing as it has a higher pressure especially on patios , as you have had both how have you found them could you do a bit of a review?. We are looking at getting another one so it might be worth getting the roll tech one if it’s any good as they are now back in stock .

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2023, 03:39:26 pm »
My p/w's are all bolted in the van - each has a minimum of 150 meters of hose (450 ft) - so no moving at all

Yes it fits to the lance and we have 3 meters of feed hose - for the high stuff I have a converted CLX and that has the chemical injector just past the trigger as you don't want 10 meters of feed hose flapping around

Darran