poleman

Nathaniel Jones web design
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:09:05 pm »
Does anyone know if Nathaniel Jones web design for window cleaners is still in business please. he has done two or three sites for me in the past BUT cant get hold off him 🤔https://avondhu-internet.com/

Shrek

Re: Nathaniel Jones web design
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 02:28:14 pm »
Iv had no reply from him for weeks!

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 02:39:38 pm »
Does anyone know if Nathaniel Jones web design for window cleaners is still in business please. he has done two or three sites for me in the past BUT cant get hold off him 🤔https://avondhu-internet.com/

I was emailing Nat a few weeks back and he was all OK.

Andy

deeege

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 07:24:21 am »
 Is anyone who uses Nathaniel for their email/web hosting experiencing problems this week?

I realise he’s closing down his business on 31st December but my emails are down for a few days now and he’s uncontactable. Frustrating. ???
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 07:50:33 am »
Is anyone who uses Nathaniel for their email/web hosting experiencing problems this week?

I realise he’s closing down his business on 31st December but my emails are down for a few days now and he’s uncontactable. Frustrating. ???

I was with him but I have changed host though and no issues since.

deeege

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 07:53:14 am »

I was with him but I have changed host though and no issues since.

He’s closing down all accounts on 31/12 so I’ll have to find a new host also. How was the switch over and would you recommend your new host?

In the short term though mine (and his) emails are down and it’s stressing me out. 
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2022, 09:02:22 am »
Well in his email , he advised not going with tsohost but as I pay them yearly for my domain and I totally don’t understand anything to do with websites, I went with tsohost . The guy who was recommended on fiverr said he doesn’t do migrations so I was a bit stuck really. It cost £57 for the year with tso host for hosting, really easy to do.
Sign up with them , put in all your details and then put in the username and password that Nathaniel emailed you. Takes about 20 mins whilst it’s processing, then done . Really easy process looking back , I was just worried because like I said I’m useless with websites and Wordpress etc .
My website is running like it was , same speed loading pages etc and received my first customer enquiry since changing host through my website last night , no issues

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2022, 09:12:06 am »

No he doesn’t do them any more he was managing my web sites but emailed a few weeks ago to say he’s finishing doing them , shame as he was very good and quick to sort any problems.

deeege

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 09:57:22 am »
Well in his email , he advised going with tsohost but as I pay them yearly for my domain and I totally don’t understand anything to do with websites, I went with tsohost . The guy who was recommended on fiverr said he doesn’t do migrations so I was a bit stuck really. It cost £57 for the year with tso host for hosting, really easy to do.
Sign up with them , put in all your details and then put in the username and password that Nathaniel emailed you. Takes about 20 mins whilst it’s processing, then done . Really easy process looking back , I was just worried because like I said I’m useless with websites and Wordpress etc .
My website is running like it was , same speed loading pages etc and received my first customer enquiry since changing host through my website last night , no issues

Thanks Shrek, that’s reassured me a bit.

I’m also completely useless with websites etc so was worried about the process. I’ll get onto it later.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2022, 01:29:00 pm »
🎶 Nathan Jones... you've been gone too long... 🎶
It's a game of three halves!

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2022, 01:45:16 pm »
Well in his email , he advised going with tsohost but as I pay them yearly for my domain and I totally don’t understand anything to do with websites, I went with tsohost . The guy who was recommended on fiverr said he doesn’t do migrations so I was a bit stuck really. It cost £57 for the year with tso host for hosting, really easy to do.

He emailed me stating DONT go with tso as that’s who ime with now and that’s why I have to sort out a new host .

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2022, 01:58:59 pm »
Hey!

A few ppl have mentioned that their emails are not reaching me... Can you try njonesclean it up2011@gmail.com instead?

Issues with email are just one of the many problems I've had with the hosting company, and this is the reason I made the decision to shut down completely.

I had originally planned to keep the hosting alive until everyone naturally upgraded and replaced their websites over the years. But after upgrading to the latest and greatest server that they recommend last year I've had nothing but problems. Their tech support team used to be brilliant, but now they're not even attempting to help...

If websites need to be moved to new hosting anyway, it's best everyone gets their own hosting and be in full control.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2022, 02:00:44 pm »
Looks like my email address got caught by the spam filter... Just remove the spaces

njonesfe clean it up2 011@gmail.com

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2022, 02:03:35 pm »
Ah nuts... Maybe a screenshot showing my email address would be better.

deeege

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2022, 03:15:22 pm »
Have messaged you Nathaniel.

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2022, 04:54:51 pm »

He emailed me stating DONT go with tso as that’s who ime with now and that’s why I have to sort out a new host .

I received the same email , however , when I was told I will lose everything if I don’t get it sorted , I made the easiest choice. Maybe tsohost isn’t the best (iv no idea) , they all look the same to me apart from the price. Iv never had any hosting issues in the past (what is a hosting issue?) , so iv gone with them. If it’s the wrong decision, at least I kinda know what I’m doing when migrating my website to someone else. I did speak to tsohost about migrating and they answered my questions pretty fast so I can only go off my first impression with them. Hopefully we’ll all get sorted and this hosting thing is just like swapping internet providers. 🤞

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 06:30:18 pm »

I received the same email , however , when I was told I will lose everything if I don’t get it sorted , I made the easiest choice. Maybe tsohost isn’t the best (iv no idea) , they all look the same to me apart from the price. Iv never had any hosting issues in the past (what is a hosting issue?) , so iv gone with them. If it’s the wrong decision, at least I kinda know what I’m doing when migrating my website to someone else. I did speak to tsohost about migrating and they answered my questions pretty fast so I can only go off my first impression with them. Hopefully we’ll all get sorted and this hosting thing is just like swapping internet providers. 🤞

Like you ime totally in the dark with this type of thing , a friend of mine is into all this and I have spoken to him about it and he’s moving everything over to a new host , when I sent him nats email he said avoid tso as well , but as I say ime just leaving it to him he knows what he’s doing .

lee_dewing

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 07:54:49 am »
Good post poleman

Yeh as Deegee says regarding date.

Thanks for info Shrek, my web knowledge is
Same as yours

I came across these ratings
I don’t know how independent ratiny are 😁

Trust pilot is the one to relie one

Saying
1st   Ionos
2nd Godaddy
3rd  Bluehost

But as Shrek says tohost easy
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 05:37:00 pm »
I have my websites hosted with tso host and have done for years, i have 5 with them i think and always had good service.

They migrated one of my sites for free from another host

but you will have to check costs because i was paying 4.99 per month and its jumped to £12.99 last year. Ive never bothered to look at alternatives

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 07:51:07 pm »
I use TSOHOST and don’t find them the easiest to deal with.  I wouldn’t recommend them.

I use them as my sites have been there for a while now and I just haven’t got the time or inclination to upgrade to a different server.

Shrek

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 08:06:22 pm »
I use TSOHOST and don’t find them the easiest to deal with.  I wouldn’t recommend them.

I use them as my sites have been there for a while now and I just haven’t got the time or inclination to upgrade to a different server.

What issues do you have with them slacky? In what way are they difficult to deal with?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2022, 03:24:32 pm »
Hi - just a bit of an update -  A few people have asked me for recommendations for someone to help move their website.

This guy is doing a couple of sites right now for one of my clients and I've gotten good feedback about him - his name is John Cotter, and it'd be worth a message if you want professional help:

Email: john@gocloud.ie

Phone: +353 87 6629308

Slacky

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2022, 09:55:19 pm »

What issues do you have with them slacky? In what way are they difficult to deal with?

They put their monthly fee up and ‘upgraded’ my account to CPanel which also means a higher monthly charge. Also means more learning, time to be accustomed to a new interface and different levels of technical expertise.

lee_dewing

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 10:45:04 pm »
I emailed the guy Nathanael recommended
But I think 🤔 if understanding correctly

(Probably not) it seems a lot dearer £
Than what Shrek paid!!

Unless I don’t need all the services othered?

Anyone able to dumb this down

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the email.
Yes, we would be glad to assist in migrating your website / emails.
Full details below.

If you wish to proceed, then please forward the emails Nathanial send you with the login details and we will start the process.

Once off Move:                                                                                 €75.
Website & Email hosting                                                              €75 P/A
Includes
Nightly Backup of all data for 180 days.                 
Malware scanning & protection
Anti-virus Scanning & protection
Security Certificate & Management:                                       €25 P/A
WordPress Management & updates:                                      €75 P/A

If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks

Frankybadboy

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2022, 05:51:30 pm »
yes got the same letter and got to sort out

havent got a beany about this sort of stuff

but good luck to Nat he was ever so helpful and done a few sites for me over the years

DB Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2022, 07:27:16 pm »
Hey!

A few ppl have mentioned that their emails are not reaching me... Can you try njonesclean it up2011@gmail.com instead?

Issues with email are just one of the many problems I've had with the hosting company, and this is the reason I made the decision to shut down completely.

I had originally planned to keep the hosting alive until everyone naturally upgraded and replaced their websites over the years. But after upgrading to the latest and greatest server that they recommend last year I've had nothing but problems. Their tech support team used to be brilliant, but now they're not even attempting to help...

If websites need to be moved to new hosting anyway, it's best everyone gets their own hosting and be in full control.
Nat could you give me a call please when you get 2 minutes, thanks Dale 07971880624

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2022, 04:12:30 pm »
Your website http://www.dbcleaningservices.co.uk/ isn't on my server, so no need to worry bud!

Nat could you give me a call please when you get 2 minutes, thanks Dale 07971880624

lee_dewing

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2022, 03:52:53 pm »
Thanks for for your help Nathanael

All sorted now with John Cotter

Back online 👍

kempy

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2023, 09:35:42 pm »
He did my vision website and was good and a decent bloke. I think he has stopped doing it now
Regards

Bungle

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2023, 09:47:01 pm »
He did my vision website and was good and a decent bloke. I think he has stopped doing it now
Regards

Are you NWH?
We look at them, they look through them.

kempy

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2023, 10:03:28 pm »
No I am not nat .
I am Dave

Smudger

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2023, 11:43:26 pm »
No I am not nat .
I am Dave

Read the post - he put NWH, he did not say Nat - but your too busy spamming your vision product to notice  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2023, 11:44:53 pm »
anywho -  more like HMan than NWH  ;)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

richard connett

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2023, 12:15:55 pm »
I followed Nathaniel’s advice through his email. Used fivvr to help me move across to go daddy . Very easy in the end .
Remember if your using an email response  on your website to get it added onto your package

J.D

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2023, 08:31:43 am »
Folks im revisiting this post years later! Can anyone tell me was host Nathaniel was using to design/edit our websites? I'll need the host in order to migrate to another host. I can no longer get in touch with Nat since he gave it all up.

Shrek

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2023, 09:47:43 am »
Folks im revisiting this post years later! Can anyone tell me was host Nathaniel was using to design/edit our websites? I'll need the host in order to migrate to another host. I can no longer get in touch with Nat since he gave it all up.

Do you not pay them a yearly hosting fee already?

Stoots

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2023, 11:53:13 am »
There's a website called WHOIS should tell you the name of the domain registrar and the hosting Info

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2023, 09:30:49 am »
Hi bud.

If memory serves me right, you were with letshost.ie. doing a search on whois.com will confirm this. You should also be paying them each year for hosting and domain renewal, so if you search through old emails you should find clues.

I've been completely out of the web design business for a couple of years now I'm afraid  - covid killed my business and forced me to go out and get a real job.

If anyone else is looking, a friend of mine started doing websites recently, and I've heard only good things about her. Another bonus is that because she's relatively new, she's really cheap: https://www.rapidbuild.eu

Her name is Kerry, and she's in Ireland - I'd highly recommend dropping her a message.