dazmond

Re: Show us your website 😊
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 02:33:47 pm »
Clearly Dave your website is amazing

www.frames-to-panes.com

Whos the little old man standing with the van and how's the weather over in Azalea drive today?

i didnt realise dave was such an old bugger! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 02:40:41 pm »
There will be no new website I’m afraid. I’ve decided enough is enough, I take on no new work whatsoever anymore, I’m over capacity for a sole trader and have no interest in employing or expanding, stopped all gutter cleans and in reality could do with losing 100 customers. I have no landline number, spend nothing on marketing once the website is gone, haven’t posted a leaflet or doorknocked in the last eleven years.
So a crap businessman but stress free pretty much as far as work goes.

Actually, there’s a load missing from that website, like no header and no other pages. It must be closing down as hosting and domain fees were stopped last week.

supernova77

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 02:55:36 pm »
Hi All.

I’m just interested to see other window cleaners websites.

Post your links (only if you want to  :) )

I’ll start:

www.iconicwindowcleaning.co.uk

Andy

I see your quite close Andy, you should pop in one day

www.pryors-uk.com

Yep not too far away. I’ve seen one of your vans in my road a couple of times... I might even book you to start cleaning mine 😂

Andy

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 03:20:17 pm »
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2019, 03:24:02 pm »
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2019, 03:39:50 pm »
www.cghwindowcleaning.co.uk

May look at changing it soon as the performance is really poor.

James Styles

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 12:52:02 am »
www.oakleywindowcleaning.co.uk

The writing looks spaced apart all weird unless it just on my phone?

supernova77

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 12:14:28 pm »
have you kept track of what work you ve picked up directly from your websites over the course of a year for example?

and how much did it cost for building one and ongoing running costs?

also do you have to pay for SEO so your site ranks on the first page on google in your chosen area?

Hi Dazmond.

If you’re interested in getting a website at all give me a shout.

I recently started up again in website design and I’m looking to build my portfolio so I’m currently offering websites with no up front cost at all.

andy@iconicwindowcleaning.co.uk

Andy 😊

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 02:44:04 pm »
The spelling you half wit!  ::)roll

Dave try to be respectful when you talk to people mate. Its not very nice really is it. Of course I know what you mean! As with many brand new websites these things crop up. Instead of just trying to be nasty person why not be helpful and point of where the problem is so it can be fixed. In the mean time I have spotted the mistake and emailed the person who built the site.

It was a funny but glaring error on your website, Lee. Dave did point it out some time ago.

It's a game of three halves!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 03:01:35 pm »
The spelling you half wit!  ::)roll

Dave try to be respectful when you talk to people mate. Its not very nice really is it. Of course I know what you mean! As with many brand new websites these things crop up. Instead of just trying to be nasty person why not be helpful and point of where the problem is so it can be fixed. In the mean time I have spotted the mistake and emailed the person who built the site.

It was a funny but glaring error on your website, Lee. Dave did point it out some time ago.

Thats true, however my point is there is a difference between pointing something out as a dig rather than actually trying to help someone. he was taking the p..s thats quite clear
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2019, 05:09:18 pm »
There will be no new website I’m afraid. I’ve decided enough is enough, I take on no new work whatsoever anymore, I’m over capacity for a sole trader and have no interest in employing or expanding, stopped all gutter cleans and in reality could do with losing 100 customers. I have no landline number, spend nothing on marketing once the website is gone, haven’t posted a leaflet or doorknocked in the last eleven years.
So a crap businessman but stress free pretty much as far as work goes.

Actually, there’s a load missing from that website, like no header and no other pages. It must be closing down as hosting and domain fees were stopped last week.

Why don't you sell 100 customers Dave?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 05:25:18 pm »
I dunno Lee, I just saw it as a humorous way of highlighting a pretty major but easily made error on your website It was so obvious that even a proofreader might miss it because they were concentrating on the small print.

I remember a few years back I put up a post about how someone should proofread  their website.  As you are likely aware I am a low grade spelling and grammar nazi, but I have feet of clay too.

You see I wrote "poofread" and the denizens of this forum loved it and were all over me like a rash.  ;D

Now I could have chosen to find their spelling errors and highlighted them with red arrows and mockery but I just went with the flow and laughed at my own daftness. 

A shrug and a smile and it's all over. Dig your heels in and people react and someone might get a reputation for being defensive or even prickly. And I accept that when someone is out in the lead riding the white charger then there are some also-rans and even losers wanting to see him fall off.

What do you think?

Dave Willis

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 05:44:05 pm »
I’ve never thought the term ‘half wit’ as being particularly derogatory to be honest. I come from an age where buffoon would also be used. I used it as Lee couldn’t see the wood for the trees, it worked.  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 05:54:37 pm »
I’ve never thought the term ‘half wit’ as being particularly derogatory to be honest. I come from an age where buffoon would also be used. I used it as Lee couldn’t see the wood for the trees, it worked;)

It certainly did!  ;D

Lee Knight

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 06:02:13 pm »

Slash

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2019, 06:48:05 pm »
I never had a website,don't need one,I'm well established without one.

lee_dewing

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 07:34:31 pm »
http://dcswindowcleaning.co.uk/

Need to update blogs and picture of van as newer company van

Daz   Nathan did my website got a good deal

Pay £5 a month hosting

Also pay a yearly fee for domain name as I tried doing myself with one of these go daddy type sites

Think £7 a year domain name and £60 hosting

I don’t do round software with monthly bills though

Use George

At the moment I’m getting between 2 - 5 enquires a week

I’m very fussy and only take regular monthly or two monthly clients (2 monthlies are usually 2x bigger than say 3 bed semis)

Customers must have off street parking or parking in there road

I don’t work on busy main roads either

These last 2 month I have picked up
£125 new work

I have dumped about £300 of work this year in stages
I’m back to where I was😊

Only so much I can do on my own

Customers dumped was mainly access issues
Which wouldn’t resolve with giving me a key

Do get a lot of enquires for one offs and conservatory roof cleaning

Today text:
Hi. I’ve found your website and I’m wondering if you could let us know some approximate costs first. Appreciate it’s a Saturday so wondering if I could call on Monday. Conservatory window cleaning in and out. Based in Epping Green. Let me know when’s good to call. Thanks Helen

I have replied but politely declined
Happiest cleaning regular customers windows with the odd couple of Connie roofs a year

If you have down days Daz then you could definitely fit in Connie roofs and 1 of renters moving out
Looking for a window clean

I just happy dealing with who I know
Tried and tested😀

Conclusion: I’m happy having a website
It’s an extra iron in the fire, as is a sign written van

If I was to start all over again I would door knock for a compact round but include business cards with web address

People can check you out, getting to know you and then decide to call/text/email

Keep meaning to get crb checked and put on website

Think now called DBS

Daz, no offence meant
You have nice van, heated water system

Surprised you don’t have website
My advice get Nathanael (avondhu)

To do it
You probably know he’s an ex window cleaner

Some guys have done there own websites and they look great

But for less than a weeks wage you’ll get a professional website with good s.e.o

I haven’t but you could have payment page on your site also
👍

Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

aztec

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 06:34:09 pm »