Michael Peterson

Re: Biggest waste of money
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 04:11:49 pm »
Slick connect , you can’t get them off if you need to change them literally the worst window cleaning product I have ever bought ! However the univalve is probably one of the best
Facelift pheonix carbon , lasted about three months I still have a clx bought at the same time a year later
Aqua tap , one of gardiners few bad products , it was fine before it got made into a brush head

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 06:13:58 pm »
Slick connect , you can’t get them off if you need to change them literally the worst window cleaning product I have ever bought ! However the univalve is probably one of the best
Facelift pheonix carbon , lasted about three months I still have a clx bought at the same time a year later
Aqua tap , one of gardiners few bad products , it was fine before it got made into a brush head

Interesting
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dd

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 06:26:08 pm »
Isothermal 1 diesel heater from Pure Freedom. Ouch.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 07:39:24 pm »
Spruce ... yeah they are literally beautiful to work with then I had to change to hose and the outer cap had seized to the inners the other was the same!

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 08:44:46 pm »
Perhaps they are not re usable ?
Very SLICK marketing  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 08:46:09 pm »
SLICK CONnect     ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:54 pm »
Steves done you in the RECTUS !   ::)roll

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 09:02:45 pm »
Other than that , the only thing i really regret buying was this Unger on/off tap thing that you strapped to the pole , it was massive and didnt even do the job properly , you also had to run the hose outside of the pole , whoever was responsible for that utter piece of rubbish should have been shot in the face with a 12 bore  ;D

Oh, And I was just about to bite the bullet and order one!
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

Spruce

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 09:04:41 pm »
P&F; youre on fire tonight  ;D ;D ;D

Spruce

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 09:07:34 pm »
Other than that , the only thing i really regret buying was this Unger on/off tap thing that you strapped to the pole , it was massive and didnt even do the job properly , you also had to run the hose outside of the pole , whoever was responsible for that utter piece of rubbish should have been shot in the face with a 12 bore  ;D

Oh, And I was just about to bite the bullet and order one!

Funny you should say that.

The only reason why I haven't before is that we have 4 poles in the van, 2 hose reels and a third hose reel in sons van. To make them all interchangeable will cost me a small fortune.

Should I add the CLX22 in the garage that works fine but could do with a clamp upgrade.

............... and I forgot to add; the backpack.

P @ F

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:05 pm »
The Unger thing does turn off the water fine , but once turned off you cant extend the pole , and to bring it down lower you end up with a loop of pole hose that you have to pull back through the device .
The only time it would be of any real use would be on large runs of staggered windows at the same height , and i had to drop the post office tower due to health issues  ;D ;D ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 11:09:45 pm »
Bought a 36ft omnipole for pressure washing, it works alright but it whips like crazy when the pressure washer initially kicks in, little bit dangerous at times. Don't use it no more as I stopped doing guttering work about two years ago.

Plankton

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 11:38:21 pm »
The Unger thing does turn off the water fine , but once turned off you cant extend the pole , and to bring it down lower you end up with a loop of pole hose that you have to pull back through the device .
The only time it would be of any real use would be on large runs of staggered windows at the same height , and i had to drop the post office tower due to health issues  ;D ;D ;D
You extend the pole to the max and then leave your hose positioned in the unger hiflo, it will have a loop of excess when the pole is retracted but I've never had an issue with it. I know there is at least one other person using it but they are Irish!

NBwcs

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 09:28:24 pm »
Just bought a Moerman bucket on a belt which has  a clip on type fastening  unlike all other brands which give you a 5 to 6 inch webbing loop. The result is your applicator sits 5 to 6 inches higher than usual so you dont just get wet leg, you get wet hip and midriff too. absolute rubbish design. Also years ago bought some ionic rubbers which were practically unusable. Cant think of any wfp gear thats been too bad.

robbo333

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2017, 09:50:57 pm »
I bought some poles off Pure Freedom years and years ago. They were a joke (I bought a crap one and a longer crap one!)
Since then I think its all the tons of small crap I have bought, that all ads up, that have taken my money.
I have bought every single 'on and off tap device' available. More brushes than I can imagine. Hose coming out my ears. Gadget, gizmos and add ons.  To be honest, I loved buying them all  ;D
Now I have learned that less is more.
Keep it simple.
I still fancy some new pole hose though.
It's addictive isn't it?  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 11:37:15 pm »
I bought some poles off Pure Freedom years and years ago. They were a joke (I bought a crap one and a longer crap one!)
Since then I think its all the tons of small crap I have bought, that all ads up, that have taken my money.
I have bought every single 'on and off tap device' available. More brushes than I can imagine. Hose coming out my ears. Gadget, gizmos and add ons.  To be honest, I loved buying them all  ;D
Now I have learned that less is more.
Keep it simple.
I still fancy some new pole hose though.
It's addictive isn't it?  ;D

My experience almost exactly
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

andyM

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 07:38:34 am »
Just bought a Moerman bucket on a belt which has  a clip on type fastening  unlike all other brands which give you a 5 to 6 inch webbing loop. The result is your applicator sits 5 to 6 inches higher than usual so you dont just get wet leg, you get wet hip and midriff too. absolute rubbish design. Also years ago bought some ionic rubbers which were practically unusable. Cant think of any wfp gear thats been too bad.

Amazing isn't it?
They take a simple product idea, manufacture it and f*ck it up!
After my experience with their Liquidator I decided to cut my losses.

One of the Plebs

slap bash

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 09:23:56 am »
The biggest waste is the | Vyair pumps they have a design fault and the brushes burn out I have at least 6 of these pumps in pieces in my garage. I kept buying because  at 10 litres per minute flow rate./ Which is overrated as my new Sureflow delivers more water on the glass at 6l per m.