nathankaye

how do u keep cool in this?
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:17:52 pm »
So i know ive chosen wrong colours for my work uniform; black.........but we dont often get these heat waves, so normally not too bad.

So sometimes i just sack it and do half a day and enjoy a pint in a good beer garden.
Yet today im needing to work. My family has had opportunity to get to lake windermere for a 5days from today, but i need to work. (Bunked off too many times this month 😂) but in cooler weather i could get finished by wed and go up thursday. Now im hoping to finish by thursday.  So im wearing a short sleaved cotton black shirt, shades and a hat.

To keep cool im obviously drinking plenty of water but im also sticking my head under some outside taps (obviously when no one is in etc) and soaking the hat. This works well, but doesnt take long for it to dry again. So taking my time and still earning so its not all that bad.

How do you guys keep cool in this?
Im not for whipping top off as i'll either get plenty of new work, one off cleans from all women 😂😂  but i might attract attention of some fellers now a days 😯     but its not also the image im trying to make either
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

GAZZA B

Re: how do u keep cool in this?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 05:39:01 pm »
In this heat i just do not work, in the pool all day  ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 05:44:49 pm »
I put on an Armani suit and sashay my way down the street.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 05:45:29 pm »
im so glad ive got a van with air con now.it was a godsend at lunchtime today(and driving to and from jobs).i also make sure i drink plenty of fluids,suncream on,sunglasses,shorts etc.i also usually do a shorter day when its this hot(it was 32C here in cheshire today!)i was finished and on my way home by 230pm. ;) :)

chill out time now until gym at 8pm. 8)
price higher/work harder!

Og

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 07:23:50 pm »
Just crack on. It could be raining!!!!

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 08:23:40 pm »
If you hold your pole above your head you’ve got an instant cold water shower. The heat has obviously removed your brains if you’re not aware of this.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

8weekly

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 08:46:26 pm »
If you hold your pole above your head you’ve got an instant cold water shower. The heat has obviously removed your brains if you’re not aware of this.
Yeah but pure water will cause your skin to fall off.  ::)roll

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 09:06:21 pm »
You don't really. You just suffer.

I didn't bother today, well I went out did 3 and decided it was just a daft idea so went home.

Its unlikely to get this hot again for a while...it was about 30 here, 20 degrees tomorrow much more like it.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 10:59:53 pm »

pure water does dry your skin out really bad though!

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 11:00:32 pm »

pure water does dry your skin out really bad though!

Yea, so does the sun.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

the king

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 05:53:43 am »
im all in black its blady hot i just crack on lots of sun cream lots of water yesterday was allmost unbearable  at times i was cleaning a conny roof and allmost past out lol ,my next van will have aircon for shore

Tom White

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 07:26:00 am »
I'm just back in from a run (7 miles); it's warm out there already and I'm dripping in sweat.

But I don't mind the heat at all.  T-shirt, factor 50, hat, sunglasses and plenty of water (I add a little salt to mine) and I'm good to go.  Not being ginger, overweight and being fit helps in the heat.

It's the things that bite me; twice I was bitten by horseflies yesterday and I've got a couple of more days out in the sticks too.  But even when a normal fly lands on me, it's like I've got to check it's not a horsefly.

Roll on Winter.

chris turner

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 07:48:12 am »
I'm just back in from a run (7 miles); it's warm out there already and I'm dripping in sweat.

But I don't mind the heat at all.  T-shirt, factor 50, hat, sunglasses and plenty of water (I add a little salt to mine) and I'm good to go.  Not being ginger, overweight and being fit helps in the heat.

It's the things that bite me; twice I was bitten by horseflies yesterday and I've got a couple of more days out in the sticks too.  But even when a normal fly lands on me, it's like I've got to check it's not a horsefly.

Roll on Winter.

Tosh how much salt do you add to your water and do you use unrefined salt in distilled water?
I'm sweating buckets in the humid heat here in the south east and feeling constantly exhausted.
I drink loads whilst out working but I need to replace more electrolyte's and get some more potassium in me for better water retention.
Energy drinks like Gatorade are full of sugar which I want to avoid.
Thing is adding salt to water helps replace the sodium lost through excessive sweating, but does salt ( particularly mineral rich sea salt ) need to be added to distilled water to create electrolyte's?

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 07:58:58 am »
Eat a bag of pork scratchings, seriously, theyre loaded with salt.

Or have a dioralyte.

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 08:10:19 am »
Tosh how much salt do you add to your water and do you use unrefined salt in distilled water?

Just normal tap water; I do the 'put a bit in a bottle and freeze it' routine, then fill it up with water in the morning, because chilled water is nicer and I just pour in a bit of sea salt.  Just a pinch.  I might be to slightly taste the salt, but that's it.

Heat does tire you quicker though, there's no way around that, apart from getting fit, but you will still tire, just not as quickly.

And you're right; avoid the sports drinks; they're full of sugar.

These would work too:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SaltStick-CAPS01-0030-Saltstick-Caps-100-Capsules/dp/B002IY96B0/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1497942704&sr=8-1&keywords=saltstick+caps

Wor Lass uses them on ultra marathons, but really, just regular sea salt is fine.

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 08:13:57 am »

Roll on Winter.
Just the 4 miles for me and out for a fuul day.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 08:17:39 am »
ive never heard of putting salt in your drinking water!surely itll make you more thirsty?theres more than enough salt in the food we eat every day.

chris turner

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 08:45:26 am »
ive never heard of putting salt in your drinking water!surely itll make you more thirsty?theres more than enough salt in the food we eat every day.

When working outdoors in 30c heat you will sweat out a big chunk of the sodium in your body.
Not sure about you but I don't have a particularly salt rich diet. For example, for breakfast iv just eaten a bowl of muesli, a banana, a Greek yogurt washed down with a protein shake. Very little, if any salt in any of that. Certainly not enough to cover the couple litres of sweat I'm about to lose when I step outside.
Plus the salt you find in most foods is processed rubbish that gives you high blood pressure. Unrefined sea salt is much better for you, in small quantities of course.

Tom White

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 12:18:51 pm »
ive never heard of putting salt in your drinking water!surely itll make you more thirsty?

We're not talking sea water salty; just a pinch.

theres more than enough salt in the food we eat every day.

Not me.  I rarely eat processed foods, and it's that which is high in salt.  And as Chris says, if you're sweating profusely, just adding water won't balance your electrolytes. 

Og

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 12:26:26 pm »
I have a salt lick on the dashboard.