nathankaye

is this allowed??
« on: April 07, 2017, 01:42:37 pm »
Not sure how i stand with this legally and wondered if any on here know or have been informed as such.

Due to the layout of my van and equipment , the distance is too close to have a hose guide fitted inside the van and i dont fancy cutting a hole in van floor (tho might have to in the end). As i already inherited a tow bar with the van i cant see any reason why i can not fit the guide as i have done. As the tow bar protrudes the bumper anyway and now this guide slightly does as well.
Any thoughts?

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: is this allowed??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 02:07:06 pm »
Any thoughts? Yes, you worry far too much! Concentrate on cleaning windows or spending more time with your family! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 03:25:07 pm »
Been using my HD reel for a week now I can't believe how good it is I've heard some on here say it won't make you knock anymore houses out over the course of the week,i confirm that's rubbish. The way I feel today at the end of the week has proved what I thought to be correct,the hardest thing on the body with this job is the reeling in everyday,the majority of my work requires at least 60-70 meters of hose on an average and it has been bliss knowing I'm not gonna have to hand crank it back in and I had a very good manual reel.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 03:55:26 pm »
Been using my HD reel for a week now I can't believe how good it is I've heard some on here say it won't make you knock anymore houses out over the course of the week,i confirm that's rubbish. The way I feel today at the end of the week has proved what I thought to be correct,the hardest thing on the body with this job is the reeling in everyday,the majority of my work requires at least 60-70 meters of hose on an average and it has been bliss knowing I'm not gonna have to hand crank it back in and I had a very good manual reel.

Have to agree on that point, it just makes the working day easier and more of a joy than a burden
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 04:06:08 pm »
I had the petal version over a year ago and I couldn't get on with it the fittings didn't like hot but this new one is spot on.

Dry Clean

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 04:47:22 pm »

I suppose it would depend on how much reeling in and out your doing over the day, it certainly wouldn't be a game changer
for many.

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 04:59:11 pm »
Sometimes I wish I had a power reel. But at least reeling in the hose you get some form of cardiovascular exercise.

When I was trad, I was well thin..now I suffer from the wfp paunch. Give me a Power hose reel and in 5 years I'll be struggling to stay fit.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 05:01:41 pm »
I dont know about that, because even on the odd jobs that i have scattered about it makes it more pleasurable to wind hose in electronically as its quicker and effortlessly.
Or i have days where i rarely move the van and at the end of the working day, to know all i need to do is press a button to quickly wind it up makes a big difference to morale.

For less than 50quid to convert reel, its well worth it.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 05:06:27 pm »
Sometimes I wish I had a power reel. But at least reeling in the hose you get some form of cardiovascular exercise.

When I was trad, I was well thin..now I suffer from the wfp paunch. Give me a Power hose reel and in 5 years I'll be struggling to stay fit.

I cant believe that within 2yrs how i seem to be storing up for next winter lol whilst not shedding off last yrs winter warmers 😂😂
Ive just joined a gym to get my fitness back.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 05:07:13 pm »
Can't think it an issue Nathan. I set up something similar as a hose guide on the tow bars bracket ( removed the tow ball )
After all  how many cars and campers do you see driving around with 2 or 2 bikes on a rack on the back of them ?

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 05:14:22 pm »
Can't think it an issue Nathan. I set up something similar as a hose guide on the tow bars bracket ( removed the tow ball )
After all  how many cars and campers do you see driving around with 2 or 2 bikes on a rack on the back of them ?

Cheers, this is what im thinking
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Miko67

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 05:31:06 pm »
You's are lazy sods on the wfp man. Anything for an easy ride with you lot

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 05:46:37 pm »
Hardest part I've found is carrying the money home at the end of the day.

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 06:21:21 pm »
You's are lazy sods on the wfp man. Anything for an easy ride with you lot

Weve done our fair share of tedious blading on windows and lugging ladders around, ducking n diving washing lines.  Buffing leaded windows up with the blazing sun beating down on you.
Yep, i // we deserve to take it easy n become lazy on wfp 😂😂😂 and its well worth it.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 06:50:45 pm »
i dont see the point in hose guides.i just use a quality  fixed manual cox reel and leave one  van door open.

some of you must be really unfit if you think winding a bit of hose in is hard work.its virtually effortless with a decent fixed reel.
price higher/work harder!

trippyboy

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 07:25:30 pm »
Best thing i ever bought

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 07:40:14 pm »
Not sure how i stand with this legally and wondered if any on here know or have been informed as such.

Due to the layout of my van and equipment , the distance is too close to have a hose guide fitted inside the van and i dont fancy cutting a hole in van floor (tho might have to in the end). As i already inherited a tow bar with the van i cant see any reason why i can not fit the guide as i have done. As the tow bar protrudes the bumper anyway and now this guide slightly does as well.
Any thoughts?

The way the hose guide  is fitted I don't think it will stay on the bumper very long. Nor will the plastic rollers  last very long either. As far as it is sticking out I can't see it being an issue as a local chap drives about with his hose reel bolted on one of his van rear doors and has been doing that for years. Just got himself a brand new van too and he obviously likes it set up that way as done the same to that one.

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 09:01:27 pm »
I would be more concerned with the position of that motor and drive chain. If it going to remain there it needs a chain guard.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 09:12:06 pm »
I would be more concerned with the position of that motor and drive chain. If it going to remain there it needs a chain guard.

That is what I thought too Spruce... Looks leather especially if a child starts messing about as the van door is left open.

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 12:34:34 am »

That is what I thought too Spruce... Looks leather especially if a child starts messing about as the van door is left open.

For insurance purposes and legality i will draft up a sign giving warning not to put kids fingers into chain and turn on and if do so its at your own risk!!  There we go, i can sleep peacefully at night now  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk