Caleb Morley

Van stolen - Surrey - 7th February 2017
« on: February 07, 2017, 07:46:46 pm »
I had my 2008 Ford Transit Van nicked last night. Was parked just across the road from my flat in Worcester Park, Surrey.

Its white (not sign written as only had it 6 weeks) Reg is: LD08 KVW.

Has a 2 man 500l tank + poles, guttervac and trad ladders etc.

I know it's a very long shot but if anyone sees or hears anything my number is 07935 382 279. Reward will be given if you help me recover it.

Also stark reminder that there are scum out there so may be worth people upgrading their own van security.

Cheers,

Kay

Tosh

Re: Van stolen
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 07:49:10 pm »
Thats not good.

Any chance of being able to get out to work whilst your insurance is fannying about?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 07:50:00 pm »
Sorry to hear that bud, hope you get a positive result on hear, its akways good to put the word out
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Caleb Morley

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 07:54:57 pm »
Thats not good.

Any chance of being able to get out to work whilst your insurance is fannying about?

Yeah I will look to rent a van mounted system in the meantime before buying a new van and kitting it out.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Caleb Morley

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:55:23 pm »
Sorry to hear that bud, hope you get a positive result on hear, its akways good to put the word out

Thanks mate

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 07:57:18 pm »
Utter scumbags

If you don't mind me asking was the kit in/on your van insured too?

duncan h

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 08:02:47 pm »
It cost £10 for the device to start a mk 7 transit. Shocked me.
In Bradford alone, I think it was 60 transits taken in 1 month alone.
they are getting older now so guessing less wanted. I think they are so easy to drive away instead of looting them

Caleb Morley

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 08:04:25 pm »
Utter scumbags

No it wasn't insured, just the van itself.

Caleb Morley

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 08:06:44 pm »
It cost £10 for the device to start a mk 7 transit. Shocked me.
In Bradford alone, I think it was 60 transits taken in 1 month alone.
they are getting older now so guessing less wanted. I think they are so easy to drive away instead of looting them

It always seems that these scumbags are one step ahead.

I'm hoping they drove it away hoping for power tools inside and will dump it but I'm not holding my breath.

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 08:06:52 pm »
Utter scumbags

jeeze mate hope you get it back, are you based anywhere near braintree essex as i can lend you a few bits and some water to keep you going

Caleb Morley

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 08:10:00 pm »
Utter scumbags

jeeze mate hope you get it back, are you based anywhere near braintree essex as i can lend you a few bits and some water to keep you going

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm in Surrey. I'm trying to keep positive but I'm also making sure that I learn from this and have better security next time round and getting it sign written asap.

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 08:13:33 pm »
I would have also tried to help you out somehow but you're miles away from me.

chris turner

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 08:16:01 pm »
Gutted mate I feel for you.
Hopefully it will turn up.
My friend had his van stolen, turned up the next week parked up in a lay-by, nothing taken.
I think the thieves thought it was a builders van full of power tools, but ditched it once they realised it was only window cleaning equipment.

Caleb Morley

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 08:16:49 pm »
I would have also tried to help you out somehow but you're miles away from me.

Thanks for the thought anyway mate.

Caleb Morley

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 08:18:33 pm »
Gutted mate I feel for you.
Hopefully it will turn up.
My friend had his van stolen, turned up the next week parked up in a lay-by, nothing taken.
I think the thieves thought it was a builders van full of power tools, but ditched it once they realised it was only window cleaning equipment.

Thanks mate. I'm hoping for the same result as your friend.

the king

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 08:20:00 pm »
makes u think y have a nice shiny van when these scum bags are going round robing them having said that a load of older vans got broke in to down my way last year so i gess no ones safe ::)roll hope u get back on your feet soon

Caleb Morley

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 08:39:25 pm »
makes u think y have a nice shiny van when these scum bags are going round robing them having said that a load of older vans got broke in to down my way last year so i gess no ones safe ::)roll hope u get back on your feet soon

Thanks mate

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 08:58:08 pm »
Side point but related.
Got chatting to another wfp cleaner other day. He was asking about my solar panel on top of van. Later he told me reason for asking. His battery was running down so left keys in ignition whilst on a job and thankfully for him he heard engine rev. Sprinted to front and in his favour its an automatic and it seems like the young lad was caught of guard not knowing quite what to do and then legged it when owner came running. Round corner he had a chap in a get a way car, so sadly didnt get hold of the chap.

Last winter a neighbour of a client came to chat to me, giving a warning. He had his work van stolen from drive.  A classic really, he left engine running to warm van n defrost windows about 6am. Next thing someones jumped in n drove it away.

Sometimes common sense can prevent a van from being nabbed. (Not implying this is the case in this thread)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 09:48:26 pm »
lots of it going on . you can buy the skelton keys to fit transits for under 15.00 if your a prime user , the transit owners club on f.b. is a good place to get the ins and out on how to help stop them

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:04 pm »
Sorry to hear this :(

We have gone all out on our vans as unfortunately you can steal a ford transit mk7 and the ford custom/connect in under 2 minutes if you're good at it.

We have these as well

http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/pedal-box-for-ford-transit-connect-pre-2010?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_eXEBRDP8fnIlJDXxsIBEiQAAGfyoXwdDZbvzj9TS1QdYGCRMUnBunueGhezlNtFRaC8CqkaAtdV8P8HAQ

capn sparkle

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 10:20:41 pm »
Thats not good.

Yeah I will look to rent a van mounted system in the meantime before buying a new van and kitting it out.

I think Alexander Swan the insurance people who advertise on here rent out their vans with PF systems fitted. Only Number I can find is 01793616773 hope it's good 'cos I'm insured with 'em.

Best of luck with getting your van back, hope all goes well, please post the newspaper report of 'Van stealing scum battered by irate window cleaner and mates' in the near future.

jk999

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 11:11:30 pm »
Can never understand why people leave keys in vehicle s and leave them running sorry to say this but they are asking for  trouble the people that do this .I was cleaning windows  one day and a van sped of some numpty first day on job of delivery driver left van running while delivering a parcel van got pinched  bet he didn't keep his job long

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 11:26:41 pm »
I had my 2008 Ford Transit Van nicked last night. Was parked just across the road from my flat in Worcester Park, Surrey.

I know it's a very long shot but if anyone sees or hears anything my number is 07935 382 279. Reward will be given if you help me recover it.

Also stark reminder that there are scum out there so may be worth people upgrading their own van security.

Cheers,

Kay

Sorry to hear about this.

We have a new fleet of vans that from January 2017 we have been renting out via various insurance companies - if you contact us via the email or number below we maybe able to assist you with a courtesy vehicle .
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

Caleb Morley

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 12:41:09 am »
lots of it going on . you can buy the skelton keys to fit transits for under 15.00 if your a prime user , the transit owners club on f.b. is a good place to get the ins and out on how to help stop them

What do you mean when you say prime user?

Caleb Morley

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 12:42:29 am »

We have gone all out on our vans as unfortunately you can steal a ford transit mk7 and the ford custom/connect in under 2 minutes if you're good at it.

We have these as well

http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/pedal-box-for-ford-transit-connect-pre-2010?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_eXEBRDP8fnIlJDXxsIBEiQAAGfyoXwdDZbvzj9TS1QdYGCRMUnBunueGhezlNtFRaC8CqkaAtdV8P8HAQ

When you say you have gone all out, what other measures have you put in place?

Caleb Morley

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 12:43:39 am »
Thats not good.

I think Alexander Swan the insurance people who advertise on here rent out their vans with PF systems fitted. Only Number I can find is 01793616773 hope it's good 'cos I'm insured with 'em.

Best of luck with getting your van back, hope all goes well, please post the newspaper report of 'Van stealing scum battered by irate window cleaner and mates' in the near future.

Thanks mate, I'll call them in the morning.

Caleb Morley

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 12:45:16 am »

Cheers,

Kay

Sorry to hear about this.

We have a new fleet of vans that from January 2017 we have been renting out via various insurance companies - if you contact us via the email or number below we maybe able to assist you with a courtesy vehicle .

Thanks, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 06:52:50 am »

We have these as well

When you say you have gone all out, what other measures have you put in place?

Replaced the lock on drivers side with an unpickable lock and OBD port has been immobilised.

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 08:11:01 am »
Years ago I used to have a hidden switch on my campervan to isolate the ignition. Even with the keys you couldn't start it. I've also swapped the HT leads about when a hire company breached their contract and tried to pinch the car back with their second set of keys.

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 11:11:54 am »
Has it been found yet?

Clever Forum Name

Re: Van stolen - Surrey - 7th February 2017
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 11:47:09 am »
Hidden switch for fuel pump is a good trick ;)

duncan h

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 12:13:01 pm »
Disconnect OBD port.
like you say. hidden isolator switch. We all used them in the 80/90's when car theft was massive

mike1986

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2017, 04:02:09 pm »
I know what a horrible experience that is! I had my van stolen about a year ago with all equipment etc. Thought there's no way I'll see that again. However the police found it a few days later without a scratch on it and still had most of my gear in there(minus a £1500 pressure washer).  I put the word out on Facebook, forums etc and within 2 days it had been shared a few hundred times and I honestly think that's what scared the thieves into abandoning it. I'm sure you've done the same but you never know it might just work.

Marc Stock

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 05:14:21 pm »
Hi Caleb.

Hope you find it. Ill keep my eyes peeled

Caleb Morley

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 05:58:43 pm »

Caleb Morley

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 05:59:09 pm »
Hi Caleb.

Hope you find it. Ill keep my eyes peeled

Thanks Marc.

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 06:00:55 pm »
Has it been found yet?

No mate.

Might be worth posting on facebook and also contacting the local press too. I take it you have also informed the dvla its been stolen and stopped the road tax on the van.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 05:49:29 am »
Hidden switch for fuel pump is a good trick ;)
mad max had something similar . Try  Nick his car and it all goes up .