nathankaye

Re: How to respond to being dumped
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 08:47:42 am »
Simply put, hoe many of us have changed our gas/electric supplier?  Telecommunications or supermarkets and have gone back to orig and then later changed again. Where would we be if these companies which are big enough not to care, if they get strop on and dont take you back???
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 10:58:52 am »
Thanks all 👍

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2016, 10:59:36 am »
Don't ignore it ffs. How would she know you have received the message? Eventually when you don't turn up I know.

Be professional. Thank her for the business. Offer her your services for the future if it doesn't work out.

Optional CIU input

Add in the "it will be double if you come back BS"

Or

"I have a waiting list"

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2016, 11:01:14 am »
"Thanks for letting us know.  I've removed you from the round but if and when your new cleaner lets you down do please give us a call. Vin"

Perfect

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 11:45:26 am »
Don't ignore it ffs. How would she know you have received the message? Eventually when you don't turn up I know.

Be professional. Thank her for the business. Offer her your services for the future if it doesn't work out.

Optional CIU input

Or

"I have a waiting list"

I replied with vins txt , I didn't want to be rude as you never know if they might want to come back in the future 👍

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 12:28:49 pm »

Optional CIU input

Or

"I have a waiting list"

I replied with vins txt , I didn't want to be rude as you never know if they might want to come back in the future 👍

Spot on.

jk999

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 12:48:35 pm »
I agree with vin ,i once had a customer for three months another windy knocked charged two pounds less got job did two cleans then disappeared i took her back and every windy that knocked after that she told them where to go .in this business you cant afford to be ignorant because your customers have friends and if you start being funny with them people talk then its like a domino effect you could start loosing customers left right and center

Shrek

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 01:22:49 pm »
Iv actually gained 3 custys today , one of them cancelled last year (old lady) . She just rang me saying she cancelled because she was supposed to be moving into a flat but it didn't work out so would I have her back , I said of course but iv had a price increase since you've left , she agreed ! happy days , just shows you never know what's round the corner , thanks all 😎

Smurf

Re: How to respond to being dumped by a customer
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 02:11:12 pm »
How about "thank you for your custom but i did not think you were the penny pincher type" ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 02:22:56 pm »
Simply put, hoe many of us have changed our gas/electric supplier?  Telecommunications or supermarkets and have gone back to orig and then later changed again. Where would we be if these companies which are big enough not to care, if they get strop on and dont take you back???

There's a difference when it comes to a more personal service; what tends to happen is that we create an emotional tie with our customers, so they generally don't want to change us (unless they don't like us for some reason other than price).

I've just changed my gym - it wasn't an easy decision - because we're friendly with the gym owner who is a nice guy and his gym is very cheap.  But his opening hours aren't very accommodating, so after some discussion with Wor Lass, we changed.

I feel like I've been unfaithful to him in some way and I hope I don't bump into the guy when I'm shopping in Tescos.  :'(

You don't get the same kinds of feelings when you're dealing with distant energy suppliers.

Tosh

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 05:42:36 pm »
"I have a waiting list"

I've always loved that one 🤓 Like customers are meant to think they have to sit there, waiting, for months or perhaps years, come rain or shine, depressingly glaring through their dirty windows, that are getting dirtier and dirtier by the day. Meanwhile the local window cleaner innocently potters around gleefully shining those customers windows that havent made the regrettable error of falsely thinking they don't count. A jot.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

tlwcs

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 07:01:14 pm »

Optional CIU input

Or

"I have a waiting list"

If she does get in touch offer to do it for £8 and then just don't show up. This will prove how unreliable cheap cleaners can be.  ;D
Vins reply was perfect.

cat9921

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 07:10:36 pm »
Text her back and say

Nobody walks away from our window cleaning and lives to tell the tale, I know where you live and I will send the boys round to rough you up  ;D

or some think like that keep it professional  ;)

Adders

W.booler

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 07:46:33 pm »
I'd steal her panties of the line on the same day the new guy cleans them, she'll be back on the blower in no time...it's always worked for me!

Spruce

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 07:53:45 pm »
I'd steal her panties of the line on the same day the new guy cleans them, she'll be back on the blower in no time...it's always worked for me!

;D There's always one.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

paulben

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 08:38:47 pm »
Maybe my position is different to most mortgage paid aim for next summer is to lose about 15% of customers as I only want to work 3 weeks out of 5 . But if you let customers dictate soon on slippery slop not today it looks like rain or will change to another cleaner that is cheaper knowing they can come back to you
Do not steal the government hates competition

robbo333

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 09:27:19 pm »
1 Always send a nice reply
2 Never have back
3 Always replace with something better
;-)
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

nathankaye

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2016, 09:55:17 pm »
1 Always send a nice reply
2 Never have back
3 Always replace with something better
;-)

+1
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk