zeusjazmin

Re: Any other guys in Scotland fed up with the wind?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 08:08:35 pm »
never knew the winds to be as constant since December,wind rain or ice all the time,at least in the summer the rain gets a bit warmer.

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 08:26:33 pm »
opposite end of the country in the south west, weather is depressing. Should have stayed home today as some plonker smashed into my van mid day, PITA sorting insurance and everything else out >:(

zeusjazmin

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 08:38:43 pm »
hope you get it all sorted out pal.

windowswashed

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 08:39:41 pm »
Thanks  :)

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 09:12:58 pm »
Jonny hasn't replied since posting this, so i am assuming the worst.

Still here mate.  Just late checking in. ;D

Our forecast has changed again and tomorrow in Scotland were getting hit with the tail end of the storm. Yet again 50mph gusts tomorrow.

I even tried some scattered work today but could hardly stand up.

Even my extreme pole each section clamped half way felt iffy.

Might be another day tomorrow of gym then PlayStation. I'm sure I'll cope.  ;)

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

chris turner

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 10:06:03 pm »

Our forecast has changed again and tomorrow in Scotland were getting hit with the tail end of the storm. Yet again 50mph gusts tomorrow.

That's the spirit!
I love it when it's hammering down, missus and kids are at work/school, I can indulge in lattes and choccies biscuits all day whilst whooping a-hole on Rory McIlroy pga tour :D

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2016, 11:12:56 pm »

That's the spirit!
I love it when it's hammering down, missus and kids are at work/school, I can indulge in lattes and choccies biscuits all day whilst whooping a-hole on Rory McIlroy pga tour :D

Sounds great.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

rosskesava

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 12:26:55 am »
The weather down here in Brighton hasn't been exactly wonderfull.

Like many places we're now into almost the 3rd month of predominantly endless grey gloom. In between there has been a few odd days of sunshine but there again, those have been cold. In the main it has been endless rain/drizzle and high winds with drizzle/rain. Try telling the customer I have bills to pay when within a few hours of cleaning their windows they are covered in salt again. Quite a few have said wait untill the weather improves.

Also, I do a lot of shops/shop signs/etc on a Thurs evening, during Friday and Sat morning. Often the shops I've done on the Thurs evening look like they havn't been done by the Friday morning. Cleaning salt off windows with an applicator and squeegee is a nightmare. The windows look great for about 10 minutes and then white salt lines appear as if by magic.

>:(

I've never known a winter like it here.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 07:02:02 am »
thats bad ross. :(

any customer of mine that says that get dumped straight away as i cant run a business under them terms.however if i worked on the coast id have to re think as like you say the dreaded sea salt causes windows to get dirty very quickly.
price higher/work harder!

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 07:19:14 am »
What is up with you lot , never stopped ladder work 1987 storm's,  never stopped  2010, 2011 big freeze,  wont stop now.

Johnny B

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 09:31:14 am »
What is up with you lot , never stopped ladder work 1987 storm's,  never stopped  2010, 2011 big freeze,  wont stop now.

Good for you.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jonny 87

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 10:35:29 am »

I'd love to see you ladder work these last few weeks round here.

I've just watched my neighbours ridge tiles get blown off!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 05:02:12 pm »

The guy is a pro tho mate.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=200609.msg1760712#msg1760712

Dave Willis

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 05:06:08 pm »

Why not pack it all in and sell additives instead  ???

Jonny 87

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 06:02:05 pm »

The guy is a pro tho mate.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=200609.msg1760712#msg1760712

;D ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »

Why not pack it all in and sell additives instead  ???

I've got an addictive personality so I can't. :(

Couldn't stop drinking the stuff and improving the shine on my baldy head.  :o

Dave Willis

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2016, 06:51:21 pm »
You're supposed to rub it on your head. Looks like the wife's hair conditioner come to think of it. Hmmmm my next project .........

KS Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2016, 06:56:38 pm »
The weather down here in Brighton hasn't been exactly wonderfull.

Like many places we're now into almost the 3rd month of predominantly endless grey gloom. In between there has been a few odd days of sunshine but there again, those have been cold. In the main it has been endless rain/drizzle and high winds with drizzle/rain. Try telling the customer I have bills to pay when within a few hours of cleaning their windows they are covered in salt again. Quite a few have said wait untill the weather improves.

Also, I do a lot of shops/shop signs/etc on a Thurs evening, during Friday and Sat morning. Often the shops I've done on the Thurs evening look like they havn't been done by the Friday morning. Cleaning salt off windows with an applicator and squeegee is a nightmare. The windows look great for about 10 minutes and then white salt lines appear as if by magic.

>:(

I've never known a winter like it here.
Yep, same here, one of my routes is right next to the beach, big detached houses, usually takes the two of us 4 hours, cleaned it last week, took us 7 hours and still they weren't perfect, they are a nightmare style of window, main part of the window is about 2 feet square but the top part of the window is three separate  8" square sections, all with rubber seals around them, the salt gets into the corners of the rubber seals, absolute nightmare :'( :'(.  There is a happy ending tho......I have just sold this work ;D