craig jwc

When it's gone quiet
« on: March 06, 2006, 02:19:06 pm »
How does everyone pick themselves up when it has gone quiet trying to get work?

Not taken any more work on for the last couple of weeks and it's getting me a bit down.
Been putting out leaflets and doorknocking but it really seems to have gone dead round by me.

Had 1 person cancel, had my 1st "I don't like the water everywhere from your pole thing" so agreed to do it traditional and a few change over from a 4 weekly to an 8 weekly clean. Plus i'm having a bit of trouble getting money from some people so i have had to stop doing these till they pay up.

Does it get like this certain times of the year or is it just me ???

Craig

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: When it's gone quiet
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 02:59:09 pm »
don't go back to trad methods

what is the point in buying wfp and then using a ladder

you should tell them "wfp or no way at all"

as for water going everywhere..... ask them what they do when it rains.............

do they bring thier lawn/patio/garden path indoors to keep it dry............ i don't think so

we british are used to a good downpour of the wet stuff so where's the problem

stick with your wfp, it may save your life!

jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

JM123

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:13:38 pm »
Plus with the water shortages you'd think they would appreciate it!!!! ;D
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

williamx

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 03:55:25 pm »
Craig

If your customers are going for a 8 weekly clean instead of a 4 weekly cycle, you need to charge them a extra 50%, because the clean will take you longer.

I also would not go back to trad.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 05:37:12 pm »
Craig,

Just wait a few weeks and you'll be getting 'grabbed' by new customers.

I'm fighting them off at the moment, but we've had a spell of really good weather.

I haven't taken too many on though.  I've just been giving them the numbers of other window cleaners; since they're not in my areas.

Every time I give Ian_Giles's number, I tell the customer, 'He's gay mind.  Is that okay with you?'

They've all been saying, 'No problem', including the stunning-looking woman from Bulwark Avenue! ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 06:38:57 pm »
Tosh is absolutely right....I am a very HAPPY person :D...gay only in the way gay used to be in the olden days...before it was hijacked by the teapot brigade ;D

Work will always ebb and flow, don't worry about it, and STAND FIRM WITH WFP!!!
Be confidant, it really must be 'my way or the highway'
Stick to your guns, make sure you tell your customers it may take a clean or two to get them absolutely top notch.
I tell any new customer that there may be a spot or two but ask them to bear with me for a clean or two, but if it is of a standard that they find too unaceptable then just give me a call, I'll be back to correct any problems.
so far I've not had any calls........

The new van combined with the signwriting is really starting to draw in work now.
One tapped on the window while I was parked up in the local Tesco today, another followed my van down the lane I live and collared me as I pulled into my drive.
I've had cars pull up and ask for a card while I've been sat in the van on the side of the road drinking a cup of tea.
The sign written van is the best bit of advertising I could possibly have done.

Leaflets are slow burn, but people will keep them for months, you may get a call out of the blue months from now as a result of leaflets you have recently delivered.
Knocking doors is hard work, and you really have to have the right 'head' on to do it.
Spread your wings, go into areas you haven't canvassed before, lets face it, what does it matter if you travel 15 or 20 miles to do some work?
Pick up a cluster of accounts and distance doesn't matter.

Use postage paid-self addressed envelopes, if they haven't paid up by the next time they are due to be cleaned, make a point of collecting them and then dump them.

There will be days when everything comes together, you'll pick up work, you'll feel on top of the world.
Swings and roundabouts dude, you'll have good days and bad days, grin and bear it with the bad uns' and make sure you notice the good ones and appreciate them!!

And what stunning looking woman from bulwark avenue :'(

Not that I mind, the one in the car park was dead tasty, she'll do for now ;D

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 07:33:51 pm »
...the stunning-looking woman from Bulwark Avenue! ;)
That's a contradiction in terms surely Tosh? ;D

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 10:04:35 pm »
Is he the only gay in the village?