roo

dispatch or transporter?
« on: February 28, 2006, 11:49:42 pm »
im now deciding between transporter or dispatch.need to carry 600ltr.whats the better one.also thinking of economy1 :-\

daniel b

Re: dispatch or transporter?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 09:14:20 am »
transporter are bigger and can carry more but they are also more expensive too if you look at the same year van, both good vans ive got a dispatach an 03 and its like a car too drive,but like i say not as big as a transporter and transporter more expensive.

dan
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:54:54 am »
The VW is a top van, in particular the new ones.
The dispatch is a good van, but a 650l tank is really right up there at the max load limit.
I know one guy who has a full 1000l IBC tank in his Dispatch :o
He copes fine, but he is at risk of a hefty fine if he is pulled over and weighed.

The new VW drives like a car too.

My own van is the nissan Primastar, not a cheap van to be sure, but highly rated and cheaper than many to insure due to high security levels in them.

If you can afford the VW then I would go for that one, it's greater load carrying capacity would swing it for me.

If you want to use something like a full 1000l tank then something along the lines of the Relay/Ducato would be a better bet, on an earliar thread about vans the price of the Ducato was very good indeed...or at least the price you could get one for.
I know there is a third van that is also the same as the Citroen and the Fiat, but I can't remember it :-\

I went round and round in circles for months before I eventually settled for the Primastar.
It drives you potty :o

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

macc

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 06:05:49 pm »
hi roo, ive a transporter 2.5 td lwb. its on an 02, got a 650ltr tank in her but even when fully loaded shes great.

hunt around cause there is plenty out there. macc.   ;D

neil100

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 07:18:45 pm »
Are you buying new or second hand?

Are you a cash buyer?

Loan?

Lease or Hire purchase?

I have a new Ducato, The one in the pic, Mine as a 800ltr tank installed for me and the lad. I have never had to top up at work yet, but I have come close a few times.

I would recommend the Ducato to anyone, great bargins to be had. It cost me the same money as a Dispatch, But I have steel bulkhead, Abs, electric windows, fog lights,etc. Loads of room to boot as well.

Have fun looking.Nel.

preston powerblast

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 07:20:16 pm »
I still have an old transporter it has 250 k on the clock and am very reluctant to get rid of it. It puts my Citroen Relay to shame.

roo

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 07:56:07 pm »
I still have an old transporter it has 250 k on the clock and am very reluctant to get rid of it. It puts my Citroen Relay to shame.
yeah i think i will go for the vw.any thing i should look out for in particular.1.9 or 2.4. also if it looks tidy,should i worry bout the mileage?

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 05:13:46 pm »
2.5 TDI all the way !
I have the 1200 kg model and i cant fault it , there is hardly any difference in handling with the tank full or empty , just a little slower is all , 500 L .

Got mine with 80K on the clock for £5000 , it was a little steep but i needed it quick so no time to shop , having said that i would buy it again as its so good ! 

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !