jayjackson

Gutter Cleaning Help Needed
« on: February 27, 2006, 03:35:58 pm »
Hi, Just had a customer ask if I would clean their gutters.
My question is: is there any way I can do this using my unger pole? Is there some attachment or something that I can get do  this from ground level?

Any advice greatly appriciated.

Thanks Jay
London, Greater London, England, UK

pjulk

Re: Gutter Cleaning Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 04:38:43 pm »
I doubt very much you would get this from the ground with an unger pole.

If you want to clean gutters with a pole you need a pressure washer and extendible lance with gutter attachment or something like omnipoles gutter cleaner which sucks the dirt out.

The other way is to get up there and do it by hand

Paul

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 05:22:40 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13132.0

Hi Jay,

There are quite a few options, one of which is the Norther Tools Gutter Lance system.  Not saying it is the best one available but for the outlay it was the best option for us.  The Omnivac is a fab piece of kit and would love to own one.

There is good money to be made by cleaning gutters so go for it.

Hope the link above helps with this one option, alternatively contact Omnipole for advice on their Vac system.

Sarah
Sarah

jayjackson

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:28:33 pm »
Paul and Sarah,
Thank you for your kind advice.
It is very appriciated.

Paul, I wanted to use ladders as little as possible, so hence the reason I was thinking pole set up.

Sarah, thanks for the link, I've checked out northern tools and the stuff you listed, and it looks like it could be just the ticket.

One more question.... I'm in London, so most houses are terraced, my question is, is there any over spray? I'm worried about putting dirty gutter water all over the next property's paintwork  :-[

Once again, thanks for the advice.
Jay
London, Greater London, England, UK

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 08:51:32 pm »
Jay,

Because the system blasts the debris there is quite a lot of spray and the operator can get wet.  We always build in the cost of a w/c as most of ours are detached so dont know how, or if,  it will work for your area.

Sarah
Sarah