steve k

Looks like rain...???
« on: February 25, 2006, 07:31:01 am »
been wfping this run of mine for 8 months.
The first 2 houses on the run are perfect sheeting houses...come up immaculately and done very quickly...fronts only.
The first customer is always in and has watched me every month using the wfp...no problems.
The next door neighbour is always out...until last month when she came out as I was moving off and said:
"the bedroom window is still wet"

"blah, blah, blah..." the usual explanation from and a promise to give her money back if they are not gleaming in half an hour!! Money stayed in my pocket. ;D

Yesterday, went back, cleaned the first 2 as usual and moved off with hose a few doors down. I do about 5-6 tops and then go back to start and do bottoms but I see the first 2 customers on the step pointing up and looking at me.
I decide to go back and clean the bottom windows and find out what the problem is.
The first house woman, who has always seen me with wfp says:
"the windows are all wet...looks like rain"

" I have done them that way for 8 months and you have always seemed happy with them...if there are any problems with the windows in half an hour...you do not have to pay"
I can say this confidently because I KNOW they come up a treat.

The second house woman at this point is smirking away and loving this bit of drama as she has obviously stirred this up with the first woman.
They are both now talking to themselves and mumbling away ignoring me so I just said:
"look...if you are not happy, do you want to leave it?"

"er...yes, I think we will" they said

"no problems, but when you see all the marks on your bottom windows, that is because you have not let me clean them...it is not the wfp"

They will not get a window cleaner as I have 90% of this round and an old fella has the other 10% and will not take anyone on.
I cannot wait to see the husbands up ladders struggling away.
They were only £4 each for the fronts so no great loss to me.

Long story...but don`t they make you smile...customers eh??