billozz

1st day wfp
« on: February 23, 2006, 04:54:21 pm »
hey guys,
1st day of wfp, got soaked and snowed on, but we wanted to keep going to get the practice in. used loads of water, we have little valves fitted to the pipe that goes up inside the pole (gardiner) but these are a bit fiddly to get to quickly i wondered if there was anything out there like a trigger, im sure ive seen somehtin that would work on a carpet cleaning machine fitted onto the vacuucm pole and you sqeeze it to let water etc onto the carpet....just wondered if it might work better. also taking ages to fill up me tank (650ltr) have seen that gardiner have pumps to help this but not sure how they work as i didnt think you could pump water from the mains...might be wrong tho.
anyway afetr all that we reakon we had a good day earnings slighly up on trad so very happy....wait for the complaints...........
regards
all
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

AuRavelling79

Re: 1st day wfp
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 05:25:32 pm »
I use Peter Fogwill's autobrush it's good - see here - www.window-tools.com  - click on fourth box down on front page.
It's a game of three halves!

macc

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 05:31:12 pm »
bill, have u considered having a static set up & then pump water into the van in the morning or when ever, macc.  ;D

neil100

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 06:58:23 pm »
I wear a belt with the fabric belt clip on for my Bucket on the Belt.

I Have the valves that Gardiner sell, but I have put them on my M/bore hose. So I just loop it thourgh the Fabric belt clip. Very handy, Instant control.

Nel.

dai

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 07:46:16 pm »
If you have a flexible hose going up the outside of your pole, tye a ring with on your pole. I use a bungy ring that girls put in their hair and a strap off a mobile phone case to tye the ring on.
Just bend the hose and push it through the ring to stop the flow.
The ring is always in the same place no matter what height your working at.
Shower curtain rings are good for clipping your hose to the pole. Dai

billozz

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 05:26:38 pm »
came up with an idea to keep the valve on my pole handy (see pic) it works a treat. now able to adjust flow or shut off quickly and easily

mark6765

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 05:45:11 pm »
i do the same billoz.
i put gaffa tape round as well to keep it in place while you work.
after a few days you may find it starts to move and slip around without the tape.

hope i have been a help.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 06:05:41 pm »
Hi Bill,

I like what you've done with the flow valve.

I tend to work with  a section of hose in my right hand (also holding the bottom section of the pole) so that the valve hangs just below my hand, so when I need to turn it on and off I can do it with just one hand.

Some of my workmates, have the hose looped around their shoulders so that the flow valve is resting on their chest.

But I will try and work out something more permanent like your arrangement.

Alex

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 08:28:35 am »
Billoz,

Try using a couple of those Hose clips with thumb screws instead of cable ties.
May be a bit tighter and can be adjusted or removed easier?

I am going to be using my Unger Ali pole (3 section) withch has a 4th section added to the bottom wch I will have to use occasionally and I plan to do the above?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

billozz

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 10:42:51 am »
alex,
i think maybe the trigger that gaz posted (shown below) might work better if you can get it to fit your tubing
regards
Bill
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=17143.0

H h20

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 11:06:02 am »
alex,
i think maybe the trigger that gaz posted (shown below) might work better if you can get it to fit your tubing
regards
Bill
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=17143.0
The trigger is designed to take a 6mm tube,i use a 4mm,the tubing on the pic is 4mm,i just warmed it up in hot water,so it works for either 6 or 4 mm tube,Gaz

billozz

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 04:25:59 pm »
we have been using  our poles for just a couple of days so far but are already finding that they are a bi stiff when trying to extend any ideas how to keep them free.

alex if you see this, is there anyway to take them apart to clean, i assume its dirt that is causing the problem
regards
Bill

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 04:45:17 pm »
Hi Bill,

Yes when they are new the tolerances are tighter on the poles so they are more sensitive to dirt etc, Sometimes this phase passes after couple of weeks as a little wear eases this situation.

However sometimes a little help is needed;

The first thing to try is to slightly loosen the clamp adjusting nut, a couple of clicks, these nuts turn the opposite way to usual.

If this doesn't make enough difference, fully extend the pole and direct a hose jet of water up the pole flushing out any dirt out, spray the jet in and around each clamp as well, then dry the pole off with a cloth and a little non-waxed based household polish. Some people do the above every week as a matter of course, doing so will prolong the life of the pole as generally dirt and grit are the main wearing agents.

If this isn't enough the pole can be quickly taken apart and flushed with water, to do this undo the Allen nut on each clamp and remove the plastic retaining peg, open the lever and slide the clamp off of each section now you can spray with a hose each section fully paying particular attention the white section guides. Dry it all off and if you wish apply a polish to it. Reassemble.

It always amazes me the amount of dirt that gets up inside the pole.

Let me know if you still have any problems after this.

Alex
www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk