gandex

gutter clearence, upvc cleaning, etc.
« on: February 23, 2006, 10:43:39 am »
hi peeps, started out window cleaning last july, now my customers are asking to clean their gutters, upvc, etc. i really dont know what to charge cherged one customer (4 bed newish barrats home) a tenner the other day took me 25 mins, i was happyish but felt i could aof charged a bit more.
also have a customer who wants thief upvc cleaned frames soffits above doors, etc. any suggustions appreciated, cheers  ;D

Simply Clean Windows

Re: gutter clearence, upvc cleaning, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 11:38:09 am »
i charge by the hour for gutters(£25)and patio,decking cleans(£30).

ok cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:39:13 am »
no less than 30 for the gutter more for upvc

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 11:56:48 am »
Your custromers wont get a 'professional' gutter cleaner for less thsan £100. 

We charge £25 a side at the moment and getting it easily.

These add-ons are a gr8t way of earning money in the rain so go for it !!!

Sarah
Sarah

Mr. S

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:21:51 pm »
i tell people 20 pounds a side for gutter clearance, more if theres weeds, grass or trees( yes ive had mini trees growing in 2 so far last year). If its not hard work I might knock some money off too, it works well as some of my customers live underneath trees and i find i get good repeat business and recommendations too, just the same as window cleaning.
While im there its a good opportunity to tell them i clean outside of gutters too20 pounds a side, customers especially like the idea of nice clean WHITE gutters also.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 12:33:46 pm »
our average price for gutters on a 3 bed semi is about £85.00.
that includes the outside and the soffits and fascias.
we wash them with wfp,and even use thier tap if possible as you dont need pure water.
whole thing usually takes two of us about an hour and like sarah said,its a marvelous add-on when raining.
we've also been told by most customers that we are far cheaper than most and we find people dont even flinch when we quote that much!

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 04:15:04 pm »
I charge roughly a £1 a foot for gutters with the outside cleaned and if they want facias and soffits done also its another 50p per foot.

I checked out some prices of a gutter cleaning company all found on google and the gutter cleaning company had a minimum charge of £220 i think it was for an hour although a lot is done with cherry pickers.

Also i was talking to a builder at one of my customers houses and he said he wouldn't clean any gutters out for less than £200.

So i reckon most people have got a bargain at £1 per foot.
And this week with the crap weather i have done 7 and 4 with facias and soffits.

I tell all my customers that i only do them when the weather is poor as they can be done in any weather.
so when i do get to do them i usually have a few to do.
As i feel bad about cleaning peoples windows in the rain the is an excellent alternative for rainy days

Paul

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 04:59:34 pm »
Your custromers wont get a 'professional' gutter cleaner for less thsan £100. 

We charge £25 a side at the moment and getting it easily.

These add-ons are a gr8t way of earning money in the rain so go for it !!!

Sarah

I fully agree with this post.  A dodgy ex-neighbor of mine worked as a gutter cleaner for some 'cash in hand work', and he told me they cleaned the gutters of something not much bigger than a three-bed-semi and charged £165.

That included the gutter cleaning, and exterior gutter cleaned; soffits too.

So if you charge £25 per side for a regular window cleaning customer; they've got a good deal.  Make sure you tell them that.

macc

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 05:36:20 pm »
min of £30, if i clean gutters & fascias £100, 4 bedders £120 ish.  ;D

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 07:35:54 am »
all these prices depend where you are from do they?
mark