dai

Best angle adapter
« on: February 22, 2006, 09:04:47 pm »
Can anyone reccomend a good quality angle adapter? The one I am using for the salmon brush leaves it flopping on the pole. I did have a nice one made from dicast alloy, but it broke when the pole fell.
I want a good robust one that can take the the hammering of every day use. Dai

Peter Fogwill

Re: Best angle adapter
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 10:04:03 pm »
Pullex do an all alloy angle joint.

Peter

dai

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 07:39:43 pm »
I should have said to fit an Unger pole. Unger,s  own brand is the worst made bit of kit I've ever seen. Is the Pulex one made of dicast? Dai

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 07:51:03 pm »
I should have said to fit an Unger pole. Unger,s  own brand is the worst made bit of kit I've ever seen. Is the Pulex one made of dicast? Dai

Yes, and it fits on the Unger pole.

Peter

dai

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 08:02:07 pm »
I had a dicast one before, nice looking, and a good fit. Problem with dicast is that it's brittle. Mine broke the first time the pole blew over.
I read on here somewhere that you can get them made from aircraft quality aluminium. I think they would be the best bet. DAI

H h20

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 08:15:10 pm »
Dai,have a look on here,Gaz  ;)
www.windowcleancentre.co.uk

dai

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 07:23:01 pm »
Cheers Gaz, Have sent an order

H h20

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 08:16:16 pm »
Cheers Gaz, Have sent an order
Dai which one did you go for?,Gaz

dai

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 06:01:44 pm »
I ordered 2 the Ettore and the pulex. It's my own fault for breaking them.
I can't be bothered putting the pole down while I do the bottoms trad. I lean them against a wall and the pole blows over occasionally. I carry the pole extended when I go round the back too. It's ok if you carry it with the brush in front of you. Not so good if you sling it over your shoulder like a ladder with the brush behind.
Tried rinsing with the brush on the glass yesterday,later inspection showed perfect results. I like that salmon brush, it's a pity that the angle isn't the same as the Vikan, then I wouldn't need the angle adapter. DAI