Franky2020

Warmer weather
« on: February 19, 2006, 09:08:56 pm »
Have been 6 months as wc throughout the winter which I had initially been concerned about coping with the cold, but now we have now got through the majority of it ,im wondering if it actually will be more unpleasant in the warmer weather through getting too hot etc . What do other long standing think about what they prefer.

neil100

Re: Warmer weather
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 09:21:55 pm »
I have been through 26 winters w/cleaning, and I hate them a little bit more with each passing one.

The summers are fantastic, shorts and sandles, I like the heat so its not a problem for me, I am looking forward to useing wfp this summer without running up and down a ladder all day.

In fact on Friday my legs were starting to overheat wearing trousers so the shorts may be worn in March if the winter does not come back and bite us on the bum.

Nel.

poleman

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 09:47:06 pm »
I have been thought a 20 years winter and summers and the summer is a good time to be out and about cleaning windows, nice tan, lots of work done and picked up, and all the nice ladies with next to nothing on ;D

BUT why this is a good time of the year, remember summers in this country only last about 12 weeks 

Andy         

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 11:35:24 pm »
I'm only a small 5 year standing as a w/c.

The cold time during winter does seem so long and this year seems longer than ever.

During the summer last year I bought the best of clothing, with a view to the winter,  and although I havn't suffered from this cold the year on account - I'm sick and fed up of working in the cold and under those dreary drab and dull grey skies.

It's also depressing and arkward moving in terms of cleaning windows wearing all that stuff even if it is warm.

Bring on summer and a t shirt and shorts.

Roy Harding

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 08:36:48 am »
I agree all those really warm days, however winter does have some advantages as well, like less bird muck on the windows and not so many spiders and cobwebs.

The days I really like is warm engough to work in shorts and t shirt, and with no wind and it does not have to be full sunshine. Those spring days flowers bursting forth, and the birds sing and you think I have the best job in the world. You stop for lunch by the river wye and see king fishers flashing pased.

So bring it on, few weeks the clocks will allter and were away.

Roy

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 08:34:44 pm »
I remember we had one tough week during the height of last Summer, with the sun beating down on us.  We drank loads of water, slapped on plenty of sun-block, and soaked each other with water sprays to try and keep cool.

I prefer the cold to the heat. 

May and September are my favourate months.

macc

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 08:49:32 pm »
role on the summer, warm, t shirts, shorts & a nice cold stella in the fridge.  ;D