windolene

Have now got backpack
« on: February 17, 2006, 10:09:47 pm »
Hi,

Having been reminded today on this forum on Andrew 24-7's efforts  importing SHURflo backpacks for fellow members I followed Tosh;s link & brought one.

Thanks guys.

Kevin Windolene.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-SHURflo-Rechargeable-Backpack-Sprayer-SRS-600_W0QQitemZ7744927159QQcategoryZ75582QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

brett walker

Re: Have now got backpack
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 10:16:47 pm »
Hi

Andrew 24-7 helped me purchase my backpack got me a good deal, ive been using it today excellent bit of kit  8)

Brett

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:54:28 pm »
Hi Brett could you please post or mail me the total cost of the backpack I'm almost ready to buy one myself, at the moment I'm thinking its about £132 but is there an import tax on top of that ?
thanks Chris 
Sussex by the sea

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 11:01:25 pm »
yes ,the postman will collect the import duty when he delivers,i think it is about £20

Dave

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 11:01:55 pm »
Chris,

A local window cleaner to me recently purchased one from E-bay and it cost him in total £160.

I hope this helps.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 11:23:05 pm »
Kevin,

I bet you could get this down to at least three hours; two if there's loads of ladder work:

Quote from Kevin Windowlene:
Hi,

I clean one every 6 weeks @ £130 outsides @ 4 hours.

Kevin Windolene

brett walker

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:28:37 am »
Hi Brett could you please post or mail me the total cost of the backpack I'm almost ready to buy one myself, at the moment I'm thinking its about £132 but is there an import tax on top of that ?
thanks Chris 

Hi Chris

I can check through my paperwork tomorrow for exact price 132 looks a good price you will pay import tax when postman delivers

regards

Brett

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 10:03:38 am »
Hi everyone

Being the first to have the back pack exported, I was hammered on the import tax, to the tune of £37. The only good news I have, is checking through my accounts the other day, I noticed the cheque has never been cashed, that was issued 8 or 9 months ago :-)

Many Thanks

Andrew

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 01:36:47 pm »
Hi everyone

Being the first to have the back pack exported, I was hammered on the import tax, to the tune of £37. The only good news I have, is checking through my accounts the other day, I noticed the cheque has never been cashed, that was issued 8 or 9 months ago :-)

Many Thanks

Andrew

I suppose you could tell them that it is for scientific research regarding pure water.  Educational material is exempt.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 06:58:14 pm »
So are "samples"

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 07:44:51 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys I think I'll proberly stick with williamsons at least I can get it when I'm ready and will save on postage. 
Sussex by the sea

dai

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 11:21:29 pm »
Bought mine off ebay. the invoice was for half the amount $75, so paid no import duty. Dai

Mr. S

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 11:35:59 pm »
Are there any mods you need to do to use for window cleaning? If so what? Is it worth investing in?

Cheers Craig

dai

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 07:58:15 pm »
It depends on how you want to set it up. At it's simplest, you just unscrew the lance above the trigger, and screw on a male hozelock adapter. You will need a reducer from the female adapter to what ever the diametre of your pole hose is.
It's a very useful bit of kit, some guys are using nothing else. It will hold 20ltrs and fits nicely onto a shopping trolley frame. Dai

windolene

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 08:47:36 pm »
Hi,

Shopping trolley frame as what  granny uses to go shopping with ?

Would this suit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8005462979&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Kevin Windolene

dai

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 08:49:11 pm »
That would be perfect. DAi

Morph

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 09:05:59 pm »
Hi,

Shopping trolley frame as what granny uses to go shopping with ?

Would this suit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8005462979&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Kevin Windolene

I've bought 2 of these from Homebase.
Exactly the same.  £24.99  Plus you can see if it's what you want, and they always take it back if it's not what you want.

windolene

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 09:23:19 pm »
Hi,

Thanks pj, homebase just around the corner from me, will buy one for my shopping & might use even it for my backpack when it arrives.

Kevin Windolene

neil100

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 09:33:12 pm »
Are there any mods you need to do to use for window cleaning? If so what? Is it worth investing in?

Cheers Craig

I only use my Backpack on odd jobs. So I throw it on my back and away I go. You may want to give some thought on how you want to attach it to your poles. This is the neatest way I could think of. I use microbore attachments and the handle is built to handle 100 psi pressure. Hozelock fittings are not built to handle pressure so you will get leaks. Mine his Leak proof. See what you think.

windolene

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 09:46:12 pm »
Hi,

Neil,

what do I ask for at my local hardware store to replicate what you have done & shown?

Kevin Windolene.

neil100

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 08:21:55 pm »
Kevin.

I bought 2 x 1/2" Jubilee clips And the professional endstop from :-http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

I cut down the length of Black hose that comes with Backpack to a length that suits me for when its on my back.

With the Backpack you get a long black hard plastic tube that connects into the handle. I cut this down to the size you can see in the picture. I cut a small length of black hose that I had cut earlier. Its a realy tough hose that they supply with the backpack, so much better then any hose you can buy.

You need to boil some water, let the hose soak in the cup for at least a minute, then push onto Black plastic pipe, Fit jubille clip on, then slide other Jubille clip on, Now get some more boiling water and soak hose for a good 2 mins, You need to make the hose pliable to get it onto the Endstop. It can be done, as seen in the pic, Its just the hose is not quite 1/2" ID, But it gives a good tight fit. Tighten clips.

I push mine through my web belt. It so much better then a control valve. I recommend the proendstops and protails from Gardiner.I have proendstops on my m/bore hose and protails on all my 7 poles.

Good luck, Nel.